03-07-2012 01:55 PM
279 ... 23456 ...
tools
    yeah, i don't necessarily see the value of creating another thread with a flashable zip. i would think when/if we actually have working phone and texts, then we could start a new thread.
    rukin5197 likes this.
    02-13-2012 04:01 PM
    yeah, i don't necessarily see the value of creating another thread with a flashable zip. i would think when/if we actually have working phone and texts, then we could start a new thread.
    And by that time, the devs will have beat us to the finish.
    02-13-2012 04:29 PM
    Did any of you notice that guy above was banned.....? It frightened me when I saw it.
    02-13-2012 04:34 PM
    And by that time, the devs will have beat us to the finish.
    I'm thinking I'll have something on par with Drew's initial drop within 48 hours.
    anthonycr and Anonymo like this.
    02-13-2012 04:38 PM
    Did any of you notice that guy above was banned.....? It frightened me when I saw it.
    Hahahah same here! It's a little odd...
    I'm thinking I'll have something on par with Drew's initial drop within 48 hours.
    Well I'll release my build for now, until yours is ready
    On a side note: are you doing the same thing Drew did? As in edit some of the files and put our kernel in, or are you going to extremes and building from Lupohirp's source then editing the files?
    02-13-2012 04:42 PM
    Haha he's not banned, like under my avatar it says happy member, he just put banned and made it red.
    02-13-2012 04:43 PM
    Hahahah same here! It's a little odd...

Well I'll release my build for now, until yours is ready
    On a side note: are you doing the same thing Drew did? As in edit some of the files and put our kernel in, or are you going to extremes and building from Lupohirp's source then editing the files?
    I'm building from scratch using lupohirp's sources using LeslieAnn's kick-butt build server.

I haven't gotten any real changes yet, just a build. But Drew says he didn't recompile so adding in his changes shouldn't be too difficult. Then the real work of fixing stuff starts...
    02-13-2012 04:59 PM
    I'm building from scratch using lupohirp's sources using LeslieAnn's kick-butt build server.

I haven't gotten any real changes yet, just a build. But Drew says he didn't recompile so adding in his changes shouldn't be too difficult. Then the real work of fixing stuff starts...
    You know, I was going to do the same. I'm building BobZHome's repo right now once again.. you don't happen to know if it boots do you? Lol
    Of course, if you need any help with the small stuff, I'm here for help. Even though you have like 15 devs behind you
    02-13-2012 05:23 PM
    You know, I was going to do the same. I'm building BobZHome's repo right now once again.. you don't happen to know if it boots do you? Lol
    Of course, if you need any help with the small stuff, I'm here for help. Even though you have like 15 devs behind you
    No it doesn't boot yet. But that's almost surely because I haven't put Drew's changes in yet. For starters, he's got a different kernel and he changed the init scripts.
    02-13-2012 05:37 PM
    No it doesn't boot yet. But that's almost surely because I haven't put Drew's changes in yet. For starters, he's got a different kernel and he changed the init scripts.
    Oh no I was talking about BobZHome's repo. But it's fine, I just found out that it doesn't work...
    How hard would it be to port over our kernel from CM7 into this?
    02-13-2012 06:00 PM
    Would either of your builds work on the V's with the new screen? In case I wanna give them a spin? I don't want to brick my phone just because I was curious haha
    02-13-2012 06:07 PM
    I imported Drew's kernel and init scripts. Now it boots.

Time to sign off for the day, more tomorrow...
    Anonymo likes this.
    02-13-2012 06:32 PM
    I imported Drew's kernel and init scripts. Now it boots.

Time to sign off for the day, more tomorrow...
    Anything we who cant build should do?
    02-13-2012 06:44 PM
    Anything we who cant build should do?
    patience, young son
    I'm going to try and build. Hopefully build up on my skills

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    matthearnow likes this.
    02-13-2012 06:52 PM
    Okay, before I built, I needed to do this one thing:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ttshn31ga83kd6n
    Here is the temporary flash file for the Optimus V
    Fixed:
    -Home button/Menu Button Fix
    -Market
    -New ICS Bootanimation (got old of the old Android one)
    Deleted:
    -Live wallpapers
    -Useless Japanese/Chinese keyboards
    -Maybe something I forgot...
    Not Working:
    Everything not working in Drew's post
    -SMS
    -Phone

Remember: Flash Gapps. HERE had to flash Gapps twice with this build, because the first one didn't work..

Debating on removing Camera until we get it working.. but for now this is what we got.
    If Curiousnoob could add this to the OP?
    kcls, Shade808, notown and 3 others like this.
    02-13-2012 08:47 PM
    Just flashed and couldn't get past setup.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
    02-13-2012 09:40 PM
    Just flashed and couldn't get past setup.

Did you get the right Gapps?
    02-13-2012 09:44 PM
    Did you get the right Gapps?
    Which gapps did you flash?

02-13-2012 09:54 PM
    Which gapps did you flash?

Check the edit to my last post...
    02-13-2012 10:13 PM
    Fixed:
    -Market
    Deleted:
    -Live wallpapers
    Not Working:
    -SMS
    -Phone

Remember: Flash Gapps. HERE had to flash Gapps twice with this build, because the first one didn't work..

Debating on removing Camera until we get it working.. but for now this is what we got.
    Ill add it first thing in the morning, nice work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-13-2012 11:09 PM
    Fixed:
    -Market
    Deleted:
    -Live wallpapers
    Not Working:
    -SMS
    -Phone

When you flash this does it require you to activate again after going back to Cm7? Or just restore backup?

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-14-2012 05:09 AM
    Yeah .. but at least it fits. I was afraid it wouldn't.

I'm thinking a partitioned sdcard with symlinks will be a must.
    Actually, the space issue should mostly affect /system, right?

The full cm9 "eng" build without optimization (using otapackage not bacon) indeed doesn't fit. It's possible that an optimized release build would fit, I haven't tried. I just switched from the full set of supported languages to the small set and that seems to regain enough space to make it work.
    02-14-2012 05:24 AM
    Added to the first post Gannon.

Good luck TDM.
    rukin5197 likes this.
    02-14-2012 06:49 AM

The full cm9 "eng" build without optimization (using otapackage not bacon) indeed doesn't fit. It's possible that an optimized release build would fit, I haven't tried. I just switched from the full set of supported languages to the small set and that seems to regain enough space to make it work.
    What I realized is that almost half of the space used in cm9 was lib files (45 MB). Is there any way to get that down, because in iho its only taking up around 23MB.
    02-14-2012 07:12 AM
    Originally Posted by tdm

What I realized is that almost half of the space used in cm9 was lib files (45 MB). Is there any way to get that down, because in iho its only taking up around 23MB.
    Then again, it is for arm7 devices, and most have more than 1gb internal memory.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-14-2012 07:43 AM
279 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD