03-07-2012 01:55 PM
279 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Oh, and tdm, while you're at it, you can get the bootanimation from my rom.. it's fit for mdpi
    I've downloaded so many things, I don't feel like downloading another heavy file....

Did you use the Heavy ICS bootanimation? Or the special trimmed down one?
    02-15-2012 06:06 PM
    Good stuff! I'll probably wait to flash until there's enough space to add gapps so I can fully test.

Sent from: This ROM isn't the only thing I've flashed today...
    02-15-2012 06:09 PM
    I've downloaded so many things, I don't feel like downloading another heavy file....

Did you use the Heavy ICS bootanimation? Or the special trimmed down one?
    I just used one lol
    But my generic.kl file isn't properly recognizing the home key. Going to look into that

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-15-2012 06:26 PM
    Gapps installed for me, I used the xda version here:
    gapps-ics-20111230.zip

First time I used your unmodified package, I wiped cache and dalvik cache, then formatted boot, system, and cache, but not data. First boot I had my gmail account, but Market FC after attempting to connect (I got the old market screen, but then FC). Got the out of space warning.

Trying now with a stripped down package and formatting data as well.

Edit: It worked, removing all the bloat and installing the above gapps with a data format gives you working Market!
    Atmazzz and tdm like this.
    02-15-2012 07:01 PM
    There is quite a lot that can be trimmed, which any of you can do before installing using winzip or Winrar, just delete them from inside the zip.

Total removable= 27megs, leaving you about 60 for apps.
    There is more but I would have to do some research first, these are just ones I can point to real fast just looking at the zip file.

Decompressed sizes
    media/Boot animation = 2megs
    media/video = 10 megs
    TTs/lang_pico = 5 megs

in system/apps: up to about 10megs
    browser
    cmstats
    desk clock
    development
    dsp manager
    gallery
    Holo spiral wallpaper
    live wallpapers
    magic smoke wallpapers
    quicksearch box
    spare parts
    speech recorder (should be safe)
    video editor.apk
    visualization wallpaper
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 07:08 PM
    You guys are amazing! CM9 already? I've been waiting to flash for awhile~

But before I flash, I wipe cache, dalvik cache, AND factory reset from recovery mode, right?
    02-15-2012 07:17 PM
    @tdm.... I <3 you

You are simply amazing
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 07:27 PM
    Probably should mention your phone can't charge.
    02-15-2012 07:37 PM
    Everything seems good except it froze up a lot when first started, problem data aint working, its showing 3G but no data, any help?. There is also an annoying red border that shoes up now and then when i press something, any idea what that is. Also charging does work, my clock still works, so do the buttons with the fix.
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 07:42 PM
    Thanks for the start of something great!

I've been using it a little while and wanted to report phone won't reboot into recovery with USB plugged in. Phone won't power off with USB plugged in. It just reboots in both cases.

It's lookin' great though.
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 07:42 PM
    Remember this rom is still in its infant stages, there are numerous things broken still as tdm's posts earlier indicate so don't assume that it should work like the other roms

I'm sure tdm is well aware of these problems
    02-15-2012 07:49 PM
    Can NOT for the life of me get the home key working. Either it's working as the menu key, or it is not working at all. Does anybody know of other files that relate to the keys besides in /system/usr/?
    I feel like Drew changed at least one file that made a drastic difference, and I just can't find it...
    02-15-2012 07:54 PM
    Would anyone be willing to post this with bloat removed by chance? I'm not by a PC at the moment.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-15-2012 08:00 PM
  14. stopbanningmeidontgotmultipleaccounts's Avatar
    tdm-cm9-vm670-alpha1_keyfixed_crapremoved.zip

Removed some bloat mainly all wallpapers including live, video editing app, and cm stats. Added the home/back button layout fix that was a few posts back. Size is 103.57mb.
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 08:14 PM
    tdm-cm9-vm670-alpha1_keyfixed_crapremoved.zip

Removed some bloat mainly all wallpapers including live, video editing app, and cm stats. Added the home/back button layout fix that was a few posts back. Size is 103.57mb.
    Have you tested to make sure the home key works? I couldn't get it to work for me..
    02-15-2012 08:26 PM
    You guys are amazing! CM9 already? I've been waiting to flash for awhile~

But before I flash, I wipe cache, dalvik cache, AND factory reset from recovery mode, right?
    Cache is done by factory reset in recovery.

You should format system and boot as well.
    02-15-2012 08:26 PM
  17. stopbanningmeidontgotmultipleaccounts's Avatar
    Have you tested to make sure the home key works? I couldn't get it to work for me..
    Yea the home key works fine. I used the Generic.kl file posted a few pages back by some guy. With a completely clean flash, and everything wiped, all 4 main buttons and volume keys work fine.
    02-15-2012 08:42 PM
    Yea the home key works fine. I used the Generic.kl file posted a few pages back by some guy. With a completely clean flash, and everything wiped, all 4 main buttons and volume keys work fine.
    That was me
    02-15-2012 08:44 PM
  19. stopbanningmeidontgotmultipleaccounts's Avatar
    That was me
    Well all i did was stick it in \system\usr\keylayout and it works fine for me so idk lol
    02-15-2012 08:46 PM
    Probably should mention your phone can't charge.
    It shows charging on the lockscreen when I plug in my usb cable to my pc. And it has gone up from 77% to 78% since I started to post this.
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 08:47 PM
    Looks promising. And I congraduate you on your success with the CM9 conversion to work with OV. As much as I want to test this, (and believe me, I'm itching to.) I'm going to wait a day or two for this to mature mainly because within that time frame, I'm going to be busy. I don't want to risk anything with my OV and have a bricked phone, even know I know what to do. I just don't want to ruin it with something that was just born.

But I do have a question now that I saw Jerry take place: Is the IHO team going to help with this project? (Just curious)
    02-15-2012 08:54 PM
    Totally awesome work... Phone charges for me but the voicemail goes directly to virgin mobile virtual advisor any ideas?
    02-15-2012 08:58 PM
    You have to go into settings and change *86 to your phone number. Unfortunately I can't remember where that is and I can't find it on my phone.
    tdm likes this.
    02-15-2012 09:04 PM
    Thanks Leslie. I eagerly await a harmonia version of ics for you make the BEST roms ever.
    02-15-2012 09:08 PM
    Thanks.
    It will probably be a bit as things need to settle in a bit, if anyone remembers I waited a bit before jumping on IHO for that very reason as well. I recommend playing with this, but use your IHO roms for daily use. If you have two sdcards, it makes it easier to switch back and forth.

[HL]Voicemail fix...[/HL]
    Open the dialer, then hit the menu key, then select settings, then click "voicemail settings/settings for my carrier". Now click on the *86, now enter your phone number. Done.
    02-15-2012 09:11 PM
279 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD