03-07-2012 02:55 PM
279 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Come back from the abyss eollie, you can find a cheap OV on ebay or craigslist, you know you want to.

As for the deskclock widget, it seems to work fine now, makes me wonder if gapps had something to do with it? I can click on the widget, set alarms, set it to deskclock mode, and return to normal.
    02-16-2012 12:30 AM
    Any idea where I can set this in the build? I'm thinking it's one of the settings in device/lge/thunderc/device_thunderc.mk ...
    I have no idea on this.

Come back from the abyss eollie, you can find a cheap OV on ebay or craigslist, you know you want to.
    Not sure about the SGS4G, but if you ask me come back from the Evo, all I can say is, are you freaking nuts?!
    02-16-2012 12:34 AM

As for the deskclock widget, it seems to work fine now, makes me wonder if gapps had something to do with it? I can click on the widget, set alarms, set it to deskclock mode, and return to normal.
    ha I still have the Optimus V.
    02-16-2012 12:38 AM
    First i would like to thank everyone for the great work on getting this build running. Second i thought the 3g service was not working also until i got curious and tried something at random.
    1. Flashed backup of 2.3.7 and a separate gapps for that. Let it boot completely including sync with Google.
    2. Wiped everything other than the sd. (Same as a first time flash from stock)
    3. Removed all bloat referred to a few posts back from the linked ROM.
    4. Flashed slimmed down ROM and updated gapps for ICS.
    5. Booted into ICS (still no 3g).
    6. Went to dialer screen and entered *#*#4636#*#*
    7. Selected phone info and switched the radio off and back on.
    8. Wouldn't you know, perfect 3g on ICS

Maybe this fix will help some of you and good luck if it didn't.
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-16-2012 12:49 AM
    stuffs good for me but i've tried two different gapps multiple flashes, and still no market.
    02-16-2012 12:51 AM
    stuffs good for me but i've tried two different gapps multiple flashes, and still no market.
    Have you removed bloat? I've posted instructions twice for getting the market to work by removing bloat.
    02-16-2012 12:53 AM
    @tdm: The default voicemail number was set in IHO via ro.cdma.voicemail.number=mine

It's in the system.prop, you should be able to grep where it's being manipulated inside based on that, though of course ICS will be different.
    tdm likes this.
    02-16-2012 12:55 AM
    i used the version posted earlier with some removed, i'll go in and remove more myself now I guess lol.
    02-16-2012 01:01 AM
    @tdm: The default voicemail number was set in IHO via ro.cdma.voicemail.number=mine

It's in the system.prop, you should be able to grep where it's being manipulated inside based on that, though of course ICS will be different.
    Thanks, I thought that I'd set that .. must have messed it up somewhere.
    02-16-2012 01:06 AM
    Is it safe to remove any of the fonts?
    02-16-2012 01:17 AM
    Is it safe to remove any of the fonts?
    You could probably remove the extra language fonts, but the rest are pretty much necessary.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    02-16-2012 01:22 AM
    First i would like to thank everyone for the great work on getting this build running. Second i thought the 3g service was not working also until i got curious and tried something at random.
    1. Flashed backup of 2.3.7 and a separate gapps for that. Let it boot completely including sync with Google.
    2. Wiped everything other than the sd. (Same as a first time flash from stock)
    3. Removed all bloat referred to a few posts back from the linked ROM.
    4. Flashed slimmed down ROM and updated gapps for ICS.
    5. Booted into ICS (still no 3g).
    6. Went to dialer screen and entered *#*#4636#*#*
    7. Selected phone info and switched the radio off and back on.
    8. Wouldn't you know, perfect 3g on ICS

Maybe this fix will help some of you and good luck if it didn't.
    hey mine doesnt toggle the radio off and on button.. it just stays off..
    02-16-2012 01:31 AM
    I love the new ics rom, just need to get market to work, and besides that, what's with the "red box" you get when you press on some stuff like check boxes and such? Or is it just me? Thanks again, but I'll probably wait till its perfected, no rush from this guy.
    02-16-2012 01:35 AM
    I love the new ics rom, just need to get market to work, and besides that, what's with the "red box" you get when you press on some stuff like check boxes and such? Or is it just me? Thanks again, but I'll probably wait till its perfected, no rush from this guy.
    Again, ALPHA build. :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    dwappo likes this.
    02-16-2012 01:36 AM
    I edited the OP. One has 3g, one does not.

BGOszman likes this.
    02-16-2012 01:38 AM
    I edited the OP. One has 3g, one does not.

omg im so dumb! ty so much... i need to read better! i will try it~
    02-16-2012 01:47 AM
    hey all. i am new to this and was researching the craygenomod for lg optimus V i have the phone rooted but I am looking to download and get the phone running on a sweet rom. i can really use the help in doing this cause I really dont want to brick the phone. Id even go with Cmod 7 if i can do it.

I have ROM Manager Dl to phone but am having trouble trying to get everything that I need to get this going cause I am finding several different things and I am needing something that is proven to work.

Can someone help please?
    02-16-2012 02:04 AM
    First- remove ROM Manager

Second - start a new thread or post in one similar to what you are attempting
    02-16-2012 02:19 AM
    hey all. i am new to this and was researching the craygenomod for lg optimus V i have the phone rooted but I am looking to download and get the phone running on a sweet rom. i can really use the help in doing this cause I really dont want to brick the phone. Id even go with Cmod 7 if i can do it.

I have ROM Manager Dl to phone but am having trouble trying to get everything that I need to get this going cause I am finding several different things and I am needing something that is proven to work.

Can someone help please?
    Wrong thread, my friend.
    This rom should not be your first try.

02-16-2012 02:20 AM
    ok sorry to post in wrong thread
    Glenar likes this.
    02-16-2012 02:33 AM
    Market working after removing bloat I'm in love
    02-16-2012 02:35 AM
    We really need to decide on a community gapps. So we can all be on the same page. I'm fine with removing all the gaps and leaving market in, then making all the other gapps available for separate download, but I'm not yet sure what kind of effect that would have on the ROM..

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-16-2012 05:48 AM
    My advice if you do that would be just do it like Harmonia, install the background files, email, Gmail and Market, everything else is downloadable.

While leaving both email and Gmail in means one is almost always a waste, if you leave out email or Gmail, you can't setup Market unless you use one of whichever you include. Leaving out Gmail means you have to use some other email address, and leaving out email means you could only use Gmail. Leaving out both means you can't setup Market.

Also, make sure everything is up to date, since there you have to make the most used of the space you have.
    02-16-2012 06:02 AM
    My advice if you do that would be just do it like Harmonia, install the background files, email, Gmail and Market, everything else is downloadable.

While leaving both email and Gmail in means one is almost always a waste, if you leave out email or Gmail, you can't setup Market unless you use one of whichever you include. Leaving out Gmail means you have to use some other email address, and leaving out email means you could only use Gmail. Leaving out both means you can't setup Market.

Also, make sure everything is up to date, since there you have to make the most used of the space you have.
    Hmm.. well I wasn't figuring on debating the email thing, because I personally don't use email, just gmail. But then again, you can't satisfy everyone nowadays

Anybody know what googletts is? And if it has that big of an effect? It seems to be taking up the most space..
    I'm going to leave all the setup wizard (which is crap in my opinion, only works half the time coming from a fresh install) stuff, and basically other things that are necessary.
    I first need to find out what are necessary and what aren't. of course
    02-16-2012 06:13 AM
    I think that is the TTS(Text2Speech)
    02-16-2012 06:29 AM
279 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD