(ICS)CM9, Now 3g!

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There's an option in titanium to create a flashable zip that will install titanium on your new rom ;)

Sent from space
Well, I'm done with ics for today. Busy for the rest of today, but I think you may be into something! :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: (YOUR RISK)CM9 Optimus S boots on the V

There's an option in titanium to create a flashable zip that will install titanium on your new rom ;)

Sent from space

Hahaha I was typing this same thing when my phone froze probly from the stupid screen rotations and I had to pull the battery:p

Sent from my optimistic optimus

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like it has a ways to go to be a daily driver, but maybe our Dev all stars could team up with drew. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

PM'd him yesterday.

LeslieAnn, better make sure that ICS build box is fired up and ready for some load over the next couple weeks. ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, better make sure that ICS build box is fired up and ready for some load over the next couple weeks. ;)

Still getting sub 15minute first runs of IHO builds, no word yet on second runs, but they just upped my internet speed, so it may help.

Oh, and it's waiting for a challenge.
It growled at me and told me to tell you "bring it on, b*tch!". :)

For those wondering what he is referring to, it's this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...central-optimus-v-community-build-server.html
A community server I setup for devs to offload their rom building to a more powerful computer. The offer still stands for people building roms for the OV.

Reactions: glarepate

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Still getting sub 15minute first runs of IHO builds, no word yet on second runs, but they just upped my internet speed, so it may help.

Oh, and it's waiting for a challenge.
It growled at me and told me to tell you "bring it on, b*tch!". :)

For those wondering what he is referring to, it's this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...central-optimus-v-community-build-server.html
A community server I setup for devs to offload their rom building to a more powerful computer. The offer still stands for people building roms for the OV.

touche' ;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't get the titanium backup zip to flash:'( idk what was wrong with it but it gave an error and aborted.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
OK so no luck with the titanium flashable zip. Anyone try installing titanium via apk and restoring the market?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Uhhhhh okay.. so.. my market is working.. just flashed (only wiping cache and dalvik) and went to logcat the market, but it worked. I installed angry birds

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got done spending a few hours on ICS and got the market installed and working also. I flashed gapps ICS gapps but it didn't get me the market so I installed titanium backup and restored es file explorer to do some poking around. Went to the gapps zip and checked to see if it contained the market apk.. It did so then I checked in /system/app/ the app was there but the icon wasn't right and clicking on it only resulted in parsing error. I decided I would try copying the app from the zip over to replace the one in /system/app/ copy failed.. So then I tried copying and running it in /data/app/... Copied successfully. Ok great ran it installed successfully. Now I had market listed in my app drawer but when I tried opening it, it would just fc but I could see the accept or decline privacy statement thing and thought I was pretty close but had to get it into /system/ well I went back into titanium backup and thats when I noticed system rom was being reported with less then 2mb free. Then I used titanium backup to remove some system apps (can't remember what ones) and tried copying the app again success! Then ran it. It installed successfully and I hit open and it finally did! I'll probably try and replicate it tomorrow but for now have restored back to BACKside

Reactions: rukin5197

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
In short I think the ICS gapps would flash and work fine but there isn't enough room in /system/ after the rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech