Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: CM9 For the V, Wifi works.

@ asadullah the ril files are they like this

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28
ro.ril.hsupa.catergory=9

This is off the Atrix 2, but thought that might help some where.

Looks familiar I'm knee deep in some evo stuff right now but what I would do if your slightly patient and have the know how what I would do to get an actual map to get this running. Is to take the stock sprint rom and dwonload the update remove the radio and recovery and apply it then update again each time removing the radio and recoverys (also dat files if any). Till you get to the gingerbread update.

Nandroid backup that sh!t so that you got a system and boot image to use for unyaffs then go from there and change out the ril files mess around in system/lib and system bin also if you change things they need permissions added to a file can't remember off hand where it's at but it gives permission to telephony hardware.cdma when you try the gsm version thats what you wanna mess with.

At least that's how I did it when I ported the mytouch rom to the sprint hero back awhile ago .

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think to get the radio working you gotta switch the ril files something in the ramdisk and maybe something in the buildprop and worst come to worse something in eri.xml don't remember 100% been awhile since I messed with anything. Theres also another driver or something it's nothing too complicated. It's just trial error and reboot.

I tried changing the ril class in the build prop, but nothing :/

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Holy moly, and I thought my computer got bad when theming!

On another note: This seems to be the fastest development I've ever seen! Day 1, I see cm9 barely boots on the v. Day 2, I see we have a cut down ROM and devs taking interest. Day 3, I refresh the page and suddenly we have hw acceleration! Crazy stuff. You guys are doing great work.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

I wish I could do more to help most of them, but I never got the time to learn how to build. I have a PC that I tinker with, maybe I can reformat everything and use it for building. I'm more of a themer, not a builder.

Sorry guys, Keep up the good work! :)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I wish I could do more to help most of them, but I never got the time to learn how to build. I have a PC that I tinker with, maybe I can reformat everything and use it for building. I'm more of a themer, not a builder.

Sorry guys, Keep up the good work! :)

In all honesty, I'm not even building anymore. Me and me2151 are just tinkering with the zip, and porting over all the libs that lupohirp makes.

I need for you guys to do something for me: find a way to test for hw acceleration. We think we have it, but have no sure way to test... It's very important to find this...

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
In all honesty, I'm not even building anymore. Me and me2151 are just tinkering with the zip, and porting over all the libs that lupohirp makes.

I need for you guys to do something for me: find a way to test for hw acceleration. We think we have it, but have no sure way to test... It's very important to find this...

Maybe try a benchmark where you know it's not working and another where you think it is. Obviously try to change nothing else. Then again I'm not a Dev and may be way off on this. But that's the best thing I can think of

Sent from next year on my CM 10ed G-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Ill test, although my sd card slot is broke, I flash a new rom everyday still....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. well it seems we didn't in fact get hw acceleration working :/
But, were working on it and we did accidentally make it faster ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Speking of which, this kernel is amazing. Any chance of porting it to the Optimus V?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Gingerkernel? If so, it works on the V for CM7. I think something stops working, but its pretty damn well. Keep in mind Bob's kernels are.specific for the CM7 build features.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: (YOUR RISK)CM9 Optimus S boots on the V

Ran into a pretty major roadblock, it's going to take a lot of digging to sort out. But I'm not giving up! :p

Success.

I've got CM9 ICS running on my OV. It's able to place phone calls, send and receive SMS, and pair with bluetooth devices.

I'm going to tidy up a bit and create a drop soon.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: (YOUR RISK)CM9 Optimus S boots on the V

Success.

I've got CM9 ICS running on my OV. It's able to place phone calls, send and receive SMS, and pair with bluetooth devices.

I'm going to tidy up a bit and create a drop soon.

I think you just met your deadline. ;)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Here it is: tdm-cm9-vm670-alpha1.zip

This is an alpha release! Many things are broken! Install it at your own risk!

Working:
  • Phone
  • SMS
  • 3G
  • Bluetooth

Not working:
  • Button mappings are wonky
  • Camera
  • Clock widget
  • Probably lots more

Huge thanks to the following folks, who made this possible:

lupohirp for the initial port to the P500
drewwalton19216801 for the port to the Optimus S
blarf for creating IHO
LeslieAnn for the awesome build server

Once a few folks smoke test it, I'll create a new thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital