(ICS)CM9, Now 3g!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention this rom still has factory reset in the privacy menu Perhaps in the next build it could be removed before someone tries to use it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdm

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention this rom still has factory reset in the privacy menu Perhaps in the next build it could be removed before someone tries to use it

This is going to cause us many headaches

All_Those_Noob_Brickers said:
I just found a factory reset in your new ICS ROM and decided that it would be really helpful to reset my phone to clear all those problems I'm having. I clicked it and POOF!!!! it rebooted and its stuck on that silly LG screen. Help!!!!

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get mobile data unless I also check the Enable Data While Roaming option in the mobile network settings. I hadn't read of anyone else needing to enable that to get 3G to work.

The 3G icon still shows up but nothing will transfer. The *#*#4636#*#* Phone Information menu says Roamig Icon Disabled (or something like that) and I actually just noticed the 3G icon disapearing and reapearing as I type this.

Edit: Well, nevermind, after a few reboots, airplane mode toggles and mobile data on/off cycles, 3G has evened itself out. It's stable and working without checking Mobile?Data While Roaming. Phone Info still says Roaming Indicator Off for the Current network.

Edit again: 3G still goes in and out sometimes. I guess that's to be expected with an Alpha rom.

Awesome work, Devs!

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to point out that leslie's slimmed/market added build works great! Downloaded most things that I have on cm7 and everything is working great. I have tapatalk. Poweramp. Titanium backup. And am t
Really pleased with this alpha build.

Sent from your mom's phone.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Any way somebody can make a flashable zip to fix hard button layout on harmonia 3? Or point someone in the right direction to fix the buttons I.e. home, option.

Sent from your mom's phone.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely incredible you guys. Glad to see that this phone is rocking a semi-stable ICS build! Everything will come around with some time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd like the same as Ray...
And CRAP! You guys sure this is Alpha?! It works surprisingly well.
It's way faster and processes things better . Example: Market is waaaay faster. Loads better.
Calls & Data work fine for me. Haven't tried SMS or MMS.
I get that red box, but it really doesn't bother me.
I OC'ed to 729 (i think) and it worked great, no overheating, FCs or Rebooting.
And i swear, 3G responds better.
If the Option & Home buttons worked i would just run ICS as an everyday ROM to test it out.
I installed TB and it worked fine.
I really can't think of any problems i ran into except the buttons which got me frustrated xD

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd like the same as Ray...
And CRAP! You guys sure this is Alpha?! It works surprisingly well.
It's way faster and processes things better . Example: Market is waaaay faster. Loads better.
Calls & Data work fine for me. Haven't tried SMS or MMS.
I get that red box, but it really doesn't bother me.
I OC'ed to 729 (i think) and it worked great, no overheating, FCs or Rebooting.
And i swear, 3G responds better.
If the Option & Home buttons worked i would just run ICS as an everyday ROM to test it out.
I installed TB and it worked fine.
I really can't think of any problems i ran into except the buttons which got me frustrated xD

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Fresh New placebo effect? Very exciting to watch, I wont flash until the Dev Crew starts a stable thread.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I do want to mention I can't oc as high, I usually am stable at 806 but I had to go down two notches, its not a big deal, but if your having freeze/reboot issues take it down a notch

MacFett

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Running Leslie Ann's TCM_ICS_Harmonia_3_Pre-Alpha right now. Working good so far, save the lack of a home key and the home key opening menus. There is also a red box around the outside of the screen when I make selections sometimes.

3G doesn't appear to work either. But toggling airplane mode on then off and I have a 3G indicator but no connection. Dialer works, testing SMS/MMS now.

If I can get 3G working I'll run this way for as long as !home key doesn't piss me off.

Reactions: wilson pickett

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, update. Today I went into tdm's rom and removed more bloat, namely languages I hadnt before. I also took the generic.kl fix in the other alpha build posted in the OP (the one with no 3G), and just wiped/flashed, and my buttons are working perfectly! Market updated almost instantaneously... I think by this time next week we will have a pretty stable build :D

I just wanted to let people know the fixes and techniques do work and the alpha build is actually very usable

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
As LeslieAnn said before, most of this stuff is very easy to do all I did was download winzip to edit the rom files myself just make sure you're not taking out anything you need. Both LeslieAnn and JerryScript have listed a few things that you dont need and things you need for certain, so just cross reference with those posts, thats what I did.

And to clarify, the generic.kl is in the "0" Alpha build in OP, just move it from there in system/usr/keylayout to the same path in TDMs Alpha build, or H3 if you have that.

I can't wait til we get stable so I can help find these bugs :D

BGOszman

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Running Leslie Ann's TCM_ICS_Harmonia_3_Pre-Alpha right now. Working good so far, save the lack of a home key and the home key opening menus. There is also a red box around the outside of the screen when I make selections sometimes.

3G doesn't appear to work either. But toggling airplane mode on then off and I have a 3G indicator but no connection. Dialer works, testing SMS/MMS now.

If I can get 3G working I'll run this way for as long as !home key doesn't piss me off.

I think one of my previous posts covered your problem you have right ROM just need to try going into the phones test screen *#*#4636#*#* on the dialer screen to access then phone info scroll down turn off radio turn back on then try toggling data option normally should work at that point and yes if that worked then every time you boot you will have to do it again until a permanent fix comes along