04-23-2012 01:48 AM
88 1234
tools
    You would know more about that then me lol. If there was a way to pull the radio out of the sprint rom and replace it with our radio that would be a good start. But I think if the radio was swapped with ours it would totally break the rom. That's just a theory I have I'm no dev lol. But pm me when you need me and I will help out. I may not answer right away but I will answer you when I can. Like I said all I can do is flash and tell you what works and what doesnt . All I ever done was port an optimus s rom to the optimus v for personal use using the guide burried in the forum. And when I did mms didn't work but was stated it wouldn't in the post.
    But I wonder if someone could take the IHO and pull the cm7 goodies out and make a basic gingerbread from that way.

i accepted your friends request .

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.
    Redbaron2005 likes this.
    03-02-2012 01:02 AM
    I noticed you're making a team and i would like to join your team. I'm a good at theming and can make / port themes to your rom now that it's deodexed. I would have PMed you but I haven't posted a lot here. Also, with your permission, I would like to make a rom based on your OverDrive Rom.
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    03-03-2012 08:25 PM
    I noticed you're making a team and i would like to join your team. I'm a good at theming and can make / port themes to your rom now that it's deodexed. I would have PMed you but I haven't posted a lot here. Also, with your permission, I would like to make a rom based on your OverDrive Rom.
    Sounds like a plan, I'm always looking for people to add to my team.
    I could use a theme-er. You have permission to make a ROM based off OverDrive so long as I am credited.

I will be making custom ROMs based off this ROM so keep an eye out for them as well.
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    03-04-2012 02:26 PM
    [ROM] OverDrive - Put your phone into OverDrive - xda-developers
    I finally made it on XDA
    added credits...
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    03-04-2012 03:06 PM
    awesome congrats. ya may wanna add me over there i have a different user name for xda if ya need it pm me.
    03-04-2012 03:11 PM
    I did a lot of thinking about it, and it's time, OverDrive will be officially moving away from stock, slowly into a custom ROM. Build starts today.
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    03-06-2012 05:25 PM
    pm me when ou need a test run.
    03-06-2012 11:57 PM
    I did a lot of thinking about it, and it's time, OverDrive will be officially moving away from stock, slowly into a custom ROM. Build starts today.
    Can you leave Stock link up there too please?
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-07-2012 12:02 AM
    Can you leave Stock link up there too please?
    I will be leaving ALL WORKING versions of my ROM up and able to download.
    I will also keep updating ALL WORKING ROMS. This includes "StockOV" and "OverDrive"

Coming Soon!
    -new updates for StockOV coming soon!
    -new updates for OverDrive coming soon!
    -new ROM called OverDrive - FryoBread. A Mix between Fryo and GingerBread, still 2.2.2
    -new ROM called *******(Working on name) - GingerBread for the Optimus V that's right 2.3.3
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    03-08-2012 07:06 AM
    StockOV has been updated to v1.1
    Picasticks Modded Kernel
    New Google Play Market
    Dedeoxed
    Rooted
    Overclockable

Check out the first post for more info.

Hope you all enjoy the new update
    Keep your eyes pealed for OverDrive turning into a FroyoBread ROM.
    Keep an eye out for the new GingerBread ROM coming soon!
    03-09-2012 07:23 AM
    I would love to help out any I can I'm sort of a noob and would to learn a thing or two

03-09-2012 07:35 AM
    I'd be interested to see a gb rom that's not cm7 on the v. You'll be the first

Redbaron2005 likes this.
    03-09-2012 02:25 PM
    I'd be interested to see a gb rom that's not cm7 on the v. You'll be the first

Thank you, I just think the Optimus V could use some extra freshly baked ROMs
    Besides I'm going to own this phone for a very long time, It's simple I love it, it's my first Android.
    mjs2011 and daffy_duck_nj like this.
    03-09-2012 04:08 PM
    Thank you, I just think the Optimus V could use some extra freshly baked ROMs
    Besides I'm going to own this phone for a very long time, It's simple I love it, it's my first Android.
    yeah, this is really exciting. just the overall development of this phone is booming!

by the way, i haven't had a chance to test this yet. can you confirm if this works with the new touch recovery?

THanks!
    03-09-2012 04:32 PM
    It will I've tried it. It will work with all edify roms amend roms are not supported with touch recovery so you should be fine flashing this.

mjs2011 and Redbaron2005 like this.
    03-09-2012 04:34 PM
    I've had great luck with the stripped v 2.1 version so far.

Far fewer FC's for me vs. GB roms, the longer battery life I expect (no more battery saver apps eating CPU cycles for me, just turn off 3g and wifi manually when absolutely not needed), and great game and video performance with the bumblebee kernel. Now I see that you have stock v 1.1 up. I might give that a try this weekend (or during spring break from college starting the end of next week ).
    Redbaron2005 likes this.
    03-15-2012 12:58 PM
    I've had great luck with the stripped v 2.1 version so far.

Far fewer FC's for me vs. GB roms, the longer battery life I expect (no more battery saver apps eating CPU cycles for me, just turn off 3g and wifi manually when absolutely not needed), and great game and video performance with the bumblebee kernel. Now I see that you have stock v 1.1 up. I might give that a try this weekend (or during spring break from college starting the end of next week ).
    Thank you, I have been working hard on both of my ROMs for all of you! I love making, creating, and developing new things for all of you.
    I highly recommend StockOV v 1.1 if you are into the 2.2.1 ROMs or even if you don't care that it is 2.2.1, This is the latest ROM that has been recently released. If you check back here within the next few days there will be an update for OverDrive, and possibly another ROM release. You may want to check out these ROMs when they are out! Just thought I should let you in on some information.
    03-15-2012 08:33 PM
    Evenin', Redbaron2005.

I just got through applying the latter of your two ROMs to my new OV, and I've been experiencing some issues with crashes, mainly when scrolling through main screens and using Swype. Any advice?
    03-18-2012 09:04 PM
    Evenin', Redbaron2005.

I just got through applying the latter of your two ROMs to my new OV, and I've been experiencing some issues with crashes, mainly when scrolling through main screens and using Swype. Any advice?
    Interesting, I will have to investigate this, it has to do with the touch screen drivers.
    I been having problems with new OV phones, Been working on a fix, thought Picasticks fixed this.... Give Amphetamines-01 a try, it has a fix for quite a few ROMs, also has some touch screen functions... I must investigate this more....
    TS6815 likes this.
    03-18-2012 09:54 PM
    Interesting, I will have to investigate this, it has to do with the touch screen drivers.
    I been having problems with new OV phones, Been working on a fix, thought Picasticks fixed this.... Give Amphetamines-01 a try, it has a fix for quite a few ROMs, also has some touch screen functions... I must investigate this more....
    Will do - and thanks a million for the speedy reply
    03-18-2012 10:04 PM
    Will do - and thanks a million for the speedy reply
    It might not fix what you are experiencing, but It's worth a try and wont break anything...

I am always on top of my thread, I am help and support for these ROMs, Been busy but anytime anyone needs help with these ROMs I am more then willing to respond ASAP. After all what kind of person would I be if I didn't... lol
    Badboytoast likes this.
    03-18-2012 10:11 PM
    where can we get the talk.apk?
    Can I get it from any gapps here? Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps

**EDIT**: nevermind, I got it from the 1.0 stockov
    03-23-2012 05:04 PM
    is that bumble bee kernel work on newer ov's to ?
    03-29-2012 12:50 PM
    The bumblebee kernel doesn't work on new ovs. You need to download the one from the link EarthnFire posted in Curiousnoobs thread "does anyone have a copy of the bumblebee rom"

The normal kernel will give you a black screen

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 12:59 PM
    Thank you ( :
    03-29-2012 01:02 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD