[ROMs]StockOV v2.2.1 - OverDrive v2.2.2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
A few questions:

Does the overclocked kernel support underclocking? Also, can I use that kernel with the StockOV V. 1.0 ROM?

In any case, I might try the deodexed version first. I've been looking to try another Froyo rom other than Harmonia or Bumblebee for a while now.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The kernel I'm working on will work for StockOV 1.0 and OverDrive 2.1+
Kernel development is not an easy task, yet I have made a kernel already, just fixing bugs for it.
I've also wished I could bake the kernel into Froyo that would make this a lot easyer.

The overclocked kernel does support underclocking
Although I've never found much use for under clocking for the Optimus V. The Optimus has a GREAT battery life, even when overclocked to 864 MHz still runs beast with everything including battery life.

Also just a heads up I been making a Gingerbread stock ROM, it will feel like and seem like Virgin Mobile released it. Keep an eye out for that too.
Really hope you guys have any more questions, comments, problems, errors, Please post them here so I can get right on it. I would also like to say I am going to start devoting myself to this forum, for XDA want me to post 10 posts before I can release a ROM.... I'm not too happy about that, but I understand why they do that. So Androidcentral will be my home <3

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Will your gingerbread from be another CM7 IHO or will it be a true gingerbread rom?

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.

It will be a true gingerbread unlike IHO or CM7
I plan to make it feel like and look like Virgin Mobile came out with it... yet there is no such thing as Gingerbread on the Optimus V, at least stock from the store...
I love gingerbread, yet so many faults and errors with IHO and CM7, I ran IHO and CM7 on my phone and it was NEVER fully put together, somewhere along down the road it would crash, freeze, reboot, or something Honorable... like loose all my APP data... not sure if all of this is fixed... But I can assure you If I came out with a GB it will not glitch, error, FC, crash, or reboot in the entirety of its life on your phone. I can say that much, yet Harmonia 2 has been some of the best Gingerbread coding I've seen for a custom rom.
While my GB ROM will be Stock. Not a custom ROM, Stock just like the Optimus V from the store but without the Virgin Mobile apps (Besides Activate) Activate ALWAYS comes in handy with my phone... since I do not pay my bill on time and they need to reactivate my phone from this app. Without it, I'm kinda screwed.

Also along down the road, I'll start making Custom ROMs for the Optimus V
But I needed somewhere to start, can't just be making ROMs that have ADW and stuff like that on it until I release these Stock ROMs

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
With my phone for some reason I can only run stock your 2.2.2 rom and ics. For some reason it refuses to run IHO. I will for sure try out your gingerbread rom when its done. I like simplicity. I thought the activate app wouldn't work on gingerbread? I seen Leslie Ann was trying to get it to work on her rom and don't think she got it working. If you ever need a tester I'd be willing to try. All I can do is tell you what works and what don't but I'm willing to help the community any way I can.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
With my phone for some reason I can only run stock your 2.2.2 rom and ics. For some reason it refuses to run IHO. I will for sure try out your gingerbread rom when its done. I like simplicity. I thought the activate app wouldn't work on gingerbread? I seen Leslie Ann was trying to get it to work on her rom and don't think she got it working. If you ever need a tester I'd be willing to try. All I can do is tell you what works and what don't but I'm willing to help the community any way I can.

That is very interesting to me, in-fact I am very much so looking for a team, I think you can help me out very much so, I'll send you a private message. It's interesting to me that IHO doesn't run on your phone, that makes me think that there is something wrong with the way IHO installs on the phones, because I've had IHO sit at the boot screen for 10 mins before it started, I pulled out my battery 3 times before I realized I was just impatient, but in all realistic-ness it should NOT take that long to start up even for a first boot.

As for the Activate app for Gingerbread, I was noticing she made her ROM from CM7 and/or IHO with a custom kernel(s) sometimes custom kernels break features for the phone like... a good example is on the EVO 4G I installed a custom kernel and it broke the WiFi, and Sprint apps.

My gingerbread would be basically... I'll take 2.2.2 and Update it, changing APK files, changing system files, modding the Build.prop to the point that when the first boot happens on the phone, it will be 2.3 instead of 2.2.2. I have found that ALL ROMS for ANY PHONE can be booted on other phones, but the fact is the support for the buttons/senors/lights/data/wifi/modules is all part of the files, when I change the files around and change some code, these Items work fine. Getting off topic here but. Harmonia is ported from CM7 and/with IHO, that means it was never a Virgin Mobile ROM, it was also never built with any Virgin Mobile Apps, nor special files that are required for these apps to work properly such as the Activate app.
I've played with the activate app for some time now, and have realized you can't just take the apk file and move it over for it to work. You still need some system files, there is a great possibility the Activate app requires LG's Secret menu apps. This is why I have NOT yet removed these files/apps for fear of breaking my Activate app.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You would know more about that then me lol. If there was a way to pull the radio out of the sprint rom and replace it with our radio that would be a good start. But I think if the radio was swapped with ours it would totally break the rom. That's just a theory I have I'm no dev lol. But pm me when you need me and I will help out. I may not answer right away but I will answer you when I can. Like I said all I can do is flash and tell you what works and what doesnt . All I ever done was port an optimus s rom to the optimus v for personal use using the guide burried in the forum. And when I did mms didn't work but was stated it wouldn't in the post.
But I wonder if someone could take the IHO and pull the cm7 goodies out and make a basic gingerbread from that way.

i accepted your friends request .

Last edited:

martinez41613

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed you're making a team and i would like to join your team. I'm a good at theming and can make / port themes to your rom now that it's deodexed. I would have PMed you but I haven't posted a lot here. Also, with your permission, I would like to make a rom based on your OverDrive Rom.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed you're making a team and i would like to join your team. I'm a good at theming and can make / port themes to your rom now that it's deodexed. I would have PMed you but I haven't posted a lot here. Also, with your permission, I would like to make a rom based on your OverDrive Rom.

Sounds like a plan, I'm always looking for people to add to my team.
I could use a theme-er. You have permission to make a ROM based off OverDrive so long as I am credited.

I will be making custom ROMs based off this ROM so keep an eye out for them as well.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you leave Stock link up there too please? :D
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I will be leaving ALL WORKING versions of my ROM up and able to download.
I will also keep updating ALL WORKING ROMS. This includes "StockOV" and "OverDrive"

Coming Soon!
-new updates for StockOV coming soon!
-new updates for OverDrive coming soon!
-new ROM called OverDrive - FryoBread. A Mix between Fryo and GingerBread, still 2.2.2
-new ROM called *******(Working on name) - GingerBread for the Optimus V that's right 2.3.3

Last edited:

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
StockOV has been updated to v1.1
Picasticks Modded Kernel
New Google Play Market
Dedeoxed
Rooted
Overclockable
Google-Play-Market2.png

Check out the first post for more info.

Hope you all enjoy the new update :D
Keep your eyes pealed for OverDrive turning into a FroyoBread ROM.
Keep an eye out for the new GingerBread ROM coming soon!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49