02-21-2012 04:13 AM
34 12
tools
    Is it possible to root my new LG Optimus V 2.3.4? I have tried a few different things but none of them have worked any advice?
    If your Optimus V is running 2.3.4, it is running an extremely old gingerbread ROM, and has already been rooted. No Optimus V ships with gingerbread unless it was used and sold with a custom ROM on it already.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-17-2012 06:58 PM
    He has the slider.
    02-17-2012 06:59 PM
    Wrong forum for the Slider.
    02-17-2012 07:09 PM
    this is getting unreal i wiped all what you guys have said then formatted the same and the same thing it wont install any ROM but what i have on it already it says installation aborted this is wack!!!!
    02-17-2012 10:40 PM
    are you still trying to flash the 02122012 build? have you even checked md5sum? I still haven't been able to download a copy where they match... I'm very dissapointed... but I'm happy with the 02062012 build... works for me but I cant oc past 600 or I get the bootloop... try the earlier build... it works for me...
    02-18-2012 12:45 AM
    ok so i checked the rom with MD5 checker and it said there was a difference. what does that mean? and i think that maybe my recovery is bad. i have clockwork that maybe bad. so do just download it again or a different one and which one. also please excuses my forgetfulness , but how do i load it? flash a zip?
    02-18-2012 07:09 PM
    If the numbers do not match, it means you have a bad file.

As for how, we have a handy reference guide stickied right at the top of this forum with guides on how to do it.
    02-18-2012 08:51 PM
    ok so i checked the rom with MD5 checker and it said there was a difference. what does that mean? and i think that maybe my recovery is bad. i have clockwork that maybe bad. so do just download it again or a different one and which one. also please excuses my forgetfulness , but how do i load it? flash a zip?
    OK, good. If it says there is a difference, it means that what you have is somehow different from what you thought you downloaded; i.e. your version is corrupted. Not your fault, nor is it the fault of the ROM; USB transfers can cause corruption, so can downloading directly to your phone.
    I have had better luck downloading using my PC, and copying it to my phone over WiFi (I use a program called My Phone Explorer, free from Android Market). In your case, I would highly recommend you try it first on your PC, get the MD5 and make sure you have a good copy. Then transfer it to your phone; making sure you know exactly where it is. Then, go to your phone and do another MD5 and verify that it is still good.
    Once you have verified that you have a good copy of the ROM on your phone, it is safe to flash it, using the same method you have used in the past. Generally, do everything from recovery. Wipe and format, then flash the ROM. Let us know if all that works for you.
    I am sorry you are having all this hassle, I hope this helps some.
    02-18-2012 08:55 PM
    I finally got the0212 build through tunny browser... took a bit longer to navigate but it seems to download better than opera mini... can't beat opera for browsing speed on the ov though... I keep them both... fyi for anyone who doesn't know... :-)

after I got 0212 build up,customized, done... hahaha... oh look, a newer build... awesome!!! you cannot beat this community for support!!! tunny worked flawlessly for 0219 build as well... its up and running smooth as ever... :-)
    02-21-2012 04:13 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD