Stuck in recovery Mode/ Data is screwed up

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Basically... i realize i can't download anythinig in 3g... then i try calling and recieving calls and that doesn't work. So then it takes me an hour to locate my nandroid backup but when i restore to stock rom it still doesn't work.. So i decided to factory reset because i still have a couple of backups... and now im stuck in recovery.. i can't exit it no matter what.. i turned off the phone about 10 times but it auto boots me into recovery, i also tried recovering from a backup but no luck

EDIT: I was on Cm7.2 IHO latest build i believe it is 2/12/2012... ive been on CM7 for a month nor but expreienced this problems within these last couple of days

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
wipe cache>wipe delvik>wipe data/factory reset... i do this 3x in that succession... then format boot> format cache>format data> format system... i do this once in that succession... then flash your rom and gapps... reboot... should be good to go...

Reactions: ericrwmson1

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Basically... i realize i can't download anythinig in 3g... then i try calling and recieving calls and that doesn't work. So then it takes me an hour to locate my nandroid backup but when i restore to stock rom it still doesn't work.. So i decided to factory reset because i still have a couple of backups... and now im stuck in recovery.. i can't exit it no matter what.. i turned off the phone about 10 times but it auto boots me into recovery, i also tried recovering from a backup but no luck

EDIT: I was on Cm7.2 IHO latest build i believe it is 2/12/2012... ive been on CM7 for a month nor but expreienced this problems within these last couple of days

Could have been an outage. Also, your nandroid backups are automatically listed in the restore menu of the recovery so no need to "hunt" it down unless you have too many backups for various dates in which, I could suggest, one backup per ROM. Lastly, you should know factory reset is a big no-no.

The thing to do here is flash a stock based Froyo ROM, with BumbleBee being my pick. You'll probably better off with Harmonia. Make sure you wipe/format properly beforehand. Use the activate APK if you don't have service, then once you get service, you can go back to CM7 if you please.

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
wipe cache>wipe delvik>wipe data/factory reset... i do this 3x in that succession... then format boot> format cache>format data> format system... i do this once in that succession... then flash your rom and gapps... reboot... should be good to go...

Well i did some research and im stuck in a boot loop since i factory reset.. If i do as you stated would i be able to afterward restore from a nandroid backup... And im still having trouble getting out of this boot loop. I looked at some threads and they said to use a xonia recovery i think and i do this but it doesn't boot me into the recovery after i flash it.. I am using CLockwork Recovery 3.2.0.1... The xonia img. (which i flash as a zip in the cwr itself) just factory resets the phone everytime i boot into recovery

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
this is installing fresh... so yes you would need to re set up everything... takes me around 30min start to finish... I install my apps from SD instead of market... and Im running the iho recovery as its compatible with all ov screens... do not restore any system data... do not use rom manager...

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually it sounds like you lost root. Which is a big problem.

Do you have a camera that you can take a picture and post of what the screen looks like after you flash that zip?

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I can make a video because it is a confusing process... After i flash it just says Flash Complete or something like that.. but i am still in clockwork recovery.. so i reboot and it shows a different recovery but it instantly wibes my cache, data , and factory resets .. and then i boot into the latest build of iho cm7.2... (guessing because i tried to restore it b4 but it kept me in recovery

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I can make a video because it is a confusing process... After i flash it just says Flash Complete or something like that.. but i am still in clockwork recovery.. so i reboot and it shows a different recovery but it instantly wibes my cache, data , and factory resets .. and then i boot into the latest build of iho cm7.2... (guessing because i tried to restore it b4 but it kept me in recovery

Maybe somebody else can correct me but it honestly sounds like you lost root somehow. The fact you boot to IHO is confusing.

Try downloading superuser and busy box from the market. Install those reboot to recovery, in advanced there is a fix permissions selection run that. In that same advance menu select reboot recovery. Select it and try to flash a rom.

If that doesnt fix it Im at a loss.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
hmmm... could be you don't actually have root... do you have superuser in your app drawer?... or... could be bad recovery flash... you wiped cache and delvik before recovery flash right?...

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Well.. i do have super user and i can use it because i used the terminal emulator and after inputting "su"... it asks to be granted super user permission.. and here is the link where i tried to fix my recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html i followed all of these instrctions using terminal emulator and it did go through but after i wrote "reboot recovery" it gets me to the lg logo then a screen that looks like recovery pops up and it instantly factory resets.
Also.. i dont have a maerket app most likely because i have to reflash gapps... i can get back to cwm recovery but only by rom manager... i can try a different recovery but i havn't used any recoveries beside rom manager.. and after i go back to cwm recovery i get stuck in it again

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. I just found why my data wasn't working... My transaction didn't go through so my plan was doewn.. It just went through an i got a message saying its back up.. and i tried calling and it works.. but i still have the recovery problem.. I wan't to get into a state where i can just recovery from a backup.. because i have a lot of data that i've compiled over the last 6months.. and i didn't back them up with titanium backup

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First off get rid of rom manager. Uninstall it. It doesnt support your phone.

Goto the IHO thread and click through to the github page. Download bobzhombie's recovery. Goto xda and search for flash image gui. I would link it but im on my phone.

After you have uninstalled rom manager then reboot. Once the phone is booted run the flashimagegui app. Follow the directions and flash bobs recovery. Then try flashing again.

Vroom Vroom

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
But the thing is I can't reboot.. if I do it instantly factory resets and wipes my cache.. the only way to flash is adb which I'm not that familiar with or terminal emulator

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
But the thing is I can't reboot.. if I do it instantly factory resets and wipes my cache.. the only way to flash is adb which I'm not that familiar with or terminal emulator

Simply turning the phone off/on should not result in a factory reset. I hope you're not using ROM Manager or something to boot into recovery...

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
ok... I think I got ya... I've read over your posts multiple times and I think I can help... you posted screenshots, said data and calls were good, and stated that your phone boots into iho... let it boot fully... immediately uninstall rom manager... if you messed up and didn't flash gapps then you have no market... correct?... its ok... as long as you have data (internet access) working... use your browser and search down the flash_imagegui.apk... download it from there... I'd provide a link to my dropbox but I haven't played with it that much so I don't know how yet... anyways, download the apk to your sd card... close browser... use your file manager and locate the apk and install... once its finished, run the app... use it to flash bobzhomes iho recovery... remember to checkmark wipe cache and wipe delvik before you select flash... flash the recovery... after its done, close the app and return to your homescreen... hold the power button down to access the power off/ reboot/ etc. menu... select reboot> reboot into recovery... from here you can A) make a new nand backup, saftey first... or B) continue with the 3x wipe, 1x format, flash rom, flash gapps... as I mentioned a few posts ago... then reboot phone... if all went well then you should let the phone fully boot... once fully booted ( give it mabey 5-10 min. even after full boot) to let it finish moving things around... after 10 min or so, then go back into recovery and make a new nand backup... reboot... should be what you were asking for... remember to use your file manager. to access clockworkmod folder in your sd card and delete all previous backups... leave the one you just made and leave the stock one at your discretion... your 6mnths of data should be fine as I assume it was on your sd already... please do the research before jumping into something your not sure of... not complaining, just trying to help... I sure hope this gets you the results you're looking for... :)

tada... here you go... :)

Last edited:

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try what you said.. I should of stated before that I held off on installing rom manager. I have the flash GUI.apk and now I'm going to get the recovery.. I'm just wiriest that I'm going to get stuck in the recovery boot loop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance