[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[IHO ROM+KERNEL].....06-16-2012...Update

I am loving your ROM!
: you should include in your installation instructions that ext 3 works also, I was hesitant to install this because it only said ext 4

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[IHO ROM+KERNEL].....06-16-2012...Update

I am loving your ROM! Is there any way for us to change the color of the blue wifi/3g/battery in the status bar?

Edit: you should include in your installation instructions that ext 3 works also, I was hesitant to install this because it only said ext 4

Updated the installation instructions about a week ago pertaining to ext3, the only reason it took so long is I forgot that I modified the scripted used. lol
Well have a downloadable zip that can be flashed v.i.a. recovery so people can choose themes.

I like most devs build for myself, and I'm not much into theming using a bunch of apps, so the extra stuff is released as a mod zip.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When I try to install the recovery via backside updater it says error installing recovery.
425704be-4afb-6aa4.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_Mandylion-IHO using Tapatalk 2

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[IHO ROM+KERNEL].....06-29-2012...Update

Thanks for the update. I am curious as to why your instructions are to mount system as writable and then mount it as read only...

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

@ SuppliedRelic Try moving the recovery.img to either the default download folder or the root of the sdcard and try again. Sometimes that error happens if the path to the file is to long, or if the file download was a bad. Try downloading it again.

@ mkoyskip Your question told me that I needed to clarify what that was about, so that is what I did. lol

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
@ SuppliedRelic Try moving the recovery.img to either the default download folder or the root of the sdcard and try again. Sometimes that error happens if the path to the file is to long, or if the file download was a bad. Try downloading it again.

I tried what you suggested but that didn't work. It says out of memory which makes me think it isn't erasing the old recovery.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I tried what you suggested but that didn't work. It says out of memory which makes me think it isn't erasing the old recovery.

Try downloading with the default web browser, or download using your computer and push it to your sdcard v.i.a. adb.

I think Dolphin_Mini maybe corrupting it, or if you are renaming it try not doing so and see if that works.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading with the default web browser, or download using your computer and push it to your sdcard v.i.a. adb.

I think Dolphin_Mini maybe corrupting it, or if you are renaming it try not doing so and see if that works.

actually when I downloaded it for some reason it was a text file

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

actually when I downloaded it for some reason it was a text file

I'll have to update the OP about that, forgot that is what Android does to .img files to feep then from auto running after download is complete.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I tried downloading with stock browser but it still says error out of memory. I would like to point out that using Flash Image GUI works for flashing a recovery. Could it be that backside updater doesn't have the proper permissions to overwrite the existing recovery?

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I tried downloading with stock browser but it still says error out of memory. I would like to point out that using Flash Image GUI works for flashing a recovery. Could it be that backside updater doesn't have the proper permissions to overwrite the existing recovery?

Flash_Image GUI has it's own flash_image binary, BacksideUpdater uses the flash_image binary that comes with the ROM. I tried with using the flash_image command and BacksideUpdater with no problems.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Flash_Image GUI has it's own flash_image binary, BacksideUpdater uses the flash_image binary that comes with the ROM. I tried with using the flash_image command and BacksideUpdater with no problems.

I realized I had forgotten to mount the system as writable. I mounted it as writable then rebooted the phone and it installed fine.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Still think the file was corrupted, but that may have been caused be me. You may have been downloading the recovery.img right at the time I was taking down the older images. I had to go back and fix the links last night because they were the wrong ones.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this rom and must say nice job. I get a tired and annoyed having to re-reset up my a2sd every time an update is available. I think I'll be on this one for a while. Thanks!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: EarthnFire78

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Just flashed this rom and must say nice job. I get a tired and annoyed having to re-reset up my a2sd every time an update is available. I think I'll be on this one for a while. Thanks!

And thank you for the feed back.

Not that this matters but I hated launcher2 I replaced it with the previous launcher (Zeam Launcher)

With Launcher2 you either like it hate, the org.zeam was good but as it turned out the memory footprint was just to small, causing it to have screen wake issues. Plus the Launcher has not updated it for a while by the developer, and a few devs have asked for the source code so that development can continue but have not heard back.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[IHO ROM+KERNEL].....07-07-2012...Update

If BacksideUpdater gives you a "Already Update to Date" just ignore, I changed up the incremental date.

Last edited: