[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[IHO ROM+KERNEL].....08-20-2012...Update

I'm sorry to be such a noob, but I've been all over in the VM670NH_recovery, and can't find the option to flash a recovery anywhere. I tried using install zip from sd card, and your recovery does not show. Which option should I choose?

I appreciate your help!

Try this http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=79761

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

When I try to install updates to apps it says "Package File is Invalid"

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_Mandylion-IHO using Tapatalk 2

happyboy7

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Try this http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=79761

Hi Badboytoast,

I used the guide you referenced, and followed each step carefully. The terminal emulator replied there were a few out of memory issues, and a number of successful executions. When I rebooted into recovery, the LG logo just hangs and I can't get past this point. I have to pull the battery.

I tried to use the Flash Image GUI app to reflash the VM670NH_recovery (because that's how I flashed it on my phone in the first place). It didn't seem to do anything, so I tried it again. I then rebooted into recovery, and the LG logo still hangs again and have to pull the battery.

What should I do now? I feel like an idiot.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

When I try to install updates to apps it says "Package File is Invalid"

You may want to find out what is in the data partition, and the cache for the download apps are still stored on internal storage. You may also need to clear Play Store Data. If you are using Titanium Backup then stop, because it does not understand how the sd-ext is mounted it well restore the applications data to the data partition, and unlink from sd-ext.

I used the guide you referenced, and followed each step carefully. The terminal emulator replied there were a few out of memory issues, and a number of successful executions. When I rebooted into recovery, the LG logo just hangs and I can't get past this point. I have to pull the battery.

I tried to use the Flash Image GUI app to reflash the VM670NH_recovery (because that's how I flashed it on my phone in the first place). It didn't seem to do anything, so I tried it again. I then rebooted into recovery, and the LG logo still hangs again and have to pull the battery.

How are you downloading the recoveryimage?

If you are using the phone then check to see it the files extension was renamed. If you are using your computer then adb push the recovery to phones sdcard.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry to be such a noob, but I've been all over in the VM670NH_recovery, and can't find the option to flash a recovery anywhere. I tried using install zip from sd card, and your recovery does not show. Which option should I choose?

I appreciate your help!

You dont use recovery to flash a recovery unless its a flashable zip. Use backside updater

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

You may want to find out what is in the data partition, and the cache for the download apps are still stored on internal storage. You may also need to clear Play Store Data. If you are using Titanium Backup then stop, because it does not understand how the sd-ext is mounted it well restore the applications data to the data partition, and unlink from sd-ext
How do I check the data partition and make sure the download cache is going in internal storage?

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Badboytoast,

......try using the terminal emulator to flash VM670NH_RECOVERY.IMG make sure its .img at the end! Also which recovery are you trying to flash? A link to the recovery would help me help you more!:D

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Reflash gapps it might fix this problem

I would just use MybackupRoot to make a backup of the installed apps and call log, MMS and SMS messages. then boot into recovery and do a factory/data reset. After rebooting back into the ROM use MybackRoot to restore the apps and data.

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I would just use MybackupRoot to make a backup of the installed apps and call log, MMS and SMS messages. then boot into recovery and do a factory/data reset. After rebooting back into the ROM use MybackRoot to restore the apps and data.

Or this too :D

happyboy7

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

@EarthnFire78: I downloaded the recovery with my computer, then pushed it to my phone.

@sellers86: Thank you for that excellent comment! I didn't know that, and checked. There is a "Flash a recovery" option in Backside updater!

@Badboytoast: I was trying to install CWM-Blue-Recvoery-20120629.img from the link in the first page of this thread. I ended up using Flash Image GUI to reinstall the VM670NH_recovery.img recovery.

I really appreciate the help!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

@Badboytoast: I was trying to install CWM-Blue-Recvoery-20120629.img from the link in the first page of this thread. I ended up using Flash Image GUI to reinstall the VM670NH_recovery.img recovery.

I really appreciate the help!

happyboy7 - I would recommend using CWM-Blue-Recovery because any other recovery you would have to do a full wipe install to flash any ups the OM-Manadylion, I build the recovery so that wiping everything did not have to be done.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I have completely reflashed the ROM and restored apps using my backup pro but I am still getting package file is invalid error

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I have completely reflashed the ROM and restored apps using my backup pro but I am still getting package file is invalid error

How mean apps do you have installed, the cache for download apps is still stored on the internal data storage and I would say no more then 700 - 800MB of apps can be installed?

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

How mean apps do you have installed, the cache for download apps is still stored on the internal data storage and I would say no more then 700 - 800MB of apps can be installed?

I have 116 but I have 2 gigs of internal storage and not even one gig has been used

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I have 116 but I have 2 gigs of internal storage and not even one gig has been used

I could look into rewriting the script used to link the sd-ext to include the Cache Partition, but that would cause the data apps to load slower with slower sdcard's.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I could look into rewriting the script used to link the sd-ext to include the Cache Partition, but that would cause the data apps to load slower with slower sdcard's.

I think that would be a good idea because most of us are using fast memory cards.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM-Mandylion using Tapatalk 2

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Why don't you use tvall's script, which works awesome.
[ROMS and kernel] tvall's IHO stuff

Another problem that I had while on your ROM was that the ROM suddenly didn't recognize the SDcard. I was using Link2SD, so that might have been the problem, but I don't know for sure.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Why don't you use tvall's script, which works awesome.
[ROMS and kernel] tvall's IHO stuff

Another problem that I had while on your ROM was that the ROM suddenly didn't recognize the SDcard. I was using Link2SD, so that might have been the problem, but I don't know for sure.

That is not a script that is used, it is built into the framework of the ROM.