[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-05-2013..Update

Google decapitated that back in Cupcake, so have not looked into adding it and most likely well not since it is not something that I would use or need.

It would be a great favor if u did if not to complicated :/

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Problem with recovery has been corrected.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

After updating to the newest recovery (as of about 6 hours ago) and using IHO Updater to dl and install the newest rom update I get this message upon rebooting- "System UIDs Inconsistent- UIDs on the system are inconsisten, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" with the option to click "I'm feeling Lucky". After this I get a bunch of force closes and the phone is nearly unusable. My google account will not sync correctly.No keyboards work. About the only thing I can do is make calls. I have no idea how this has happened and tried re installing the rom several times and get the same result. I'd really rather not reformat my card and do a fresh install but it looks like that's what I may have to do :(

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

After updating to the newest recovery (as of about 6 hours ago) and using IHO Updater to dl and install the newest rom update I get this message upon rebooting- "System UIDs Inconsistent- UIDs on the system are inconsisten, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable" with the option to click "I'm feeling Lucky". After this I get a bunch of force closes and the phone is nearly unusable. My google account will not sync correctly.No keyboards work. About the only thing I can do is make calls. I have no idea how this has happened and tried re installing the rom several times and get the same result. I'd really rather not reformat my card and do a fresh install but it looks like that's what I may have to do :(

What option did you you use to update the ROM? If you used the Automatic Mod Install that would lead to UIDs Inconsistent and may even corrupt the sd-ext partition, the Automatic Install is what needs to be selected. I'm still working on IHO Updater for general download app install and when I get that working I'll work on cleaning up the UI feed back a little.

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

What option did you you use to update the ROM? If you used the Automatic Mod Install that would lead to UIDs Inconsistent and may even corrupt the sd-ext partition, the Automatic Install is what needs to be selected. I'm still working on IHO Updater for general download app install and when I get that working I'll work on cleaning up the UI feed back a little.

Hmm Well I thought I followed the instructions on the first post but I must have chosen the wrong one. Dang. Well I guess I'll just repartition my card and start anew. This rom is worth it I think :) Btw do you recommend partitioning (I used 2gb sd ext partition) through the recovery or should I use another method?

Edit: actually, when I try to partition through ZenGarden 2.0.0.1-T it says "Can't partition device: /sdcard" ... It sees my sd card when I try to manually instal a zip but it wont partition it. Do I need to reformat my sd card on my computer first or something?

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Some say no more the 20% for the total size of the card, but I go with Intel's recommendation of 10% for Solid State Drives which is what and sdcard is. You may not have to repartition the card again, just pick the right install option. In about two weeks going to have an version bump update for the recovery and that recovery well crate a ext4 partition instead of ext3, ext4 uses a better journal file system and well allocate less of the partition for journalling.

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Well I was able to re install the previous version of the rom and everything looks to be back to normal without re-partitioning. The installation preparing options/ factory reset in the recovery did not delete anything on my sdcard (I thought they are suppose to?) and after using them several times the rom installed nicely. I'll have to try out the newer version once more now that I have a working phone again.
And once you release that updated recovery I think I'll try reformatting and doing a completely fresh install, keeping my ext partition at 2gb since my I have a 32 giger. Thanks so much for the replies!

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Still no PlayStore here...
reverted back to previous update.
Was considering going back to CWM blue to maybe install this newest update.
Didn't ZenGarden really replace this anyway? I'm sorry for my ignorance on that whole story.
Advise if this would probably be a FAIL

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

@bjzapp

You said that IHO Updater was given you problems what might those be? And if you downloaded the newer recovery, make sure to delete the older one first to lessen the confusion, cause as you may have noticed there is no version code to the image files, this make it easier for me in that it allows the some Download URL to be used.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Some say no more the 20% for the total size of the card, but I go with Intel's recommendation of 10% for Solid State Drives which is what and sdcard is. You may not have to repartition the card again, just pick the right install option. In about two weeks going to have an version bump update for the recovery and that recovery well crate a ext4 partition instead of ext3, ext4 uses a better journal file system and well allocate less of the partition for journalling.
The ICS and Jellybean ROMs for the V work better with ext 3 if using Link2SD like capabilities. Maybe you could have an option for the recovery to make FAT32, ext 4 or ext 3 as some of the Froyo ROMs work best with FAT32?
It's probably not easy to accomplish, but it's something to shoot for in a recovery.
That would be an awsome recovery.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

The commands are there for FAT32 and convert between ext3 and ext4, just have to test that the FAT32 is sets up as that second partition.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

The commands are there for FAT32 and convert between ext3 and ext4, just have to test that the FAT32 is sets up as that second partition.

Cool! To be able to do everything on the phone through the recovery will sure make it easier for new members and old alike.
I've found out that when trying to partition large capacity SD cards the best way is to keep it in the phone and use the recovery.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Idk. Next time I mess with it I'll let you know...I just don't sit here & write everything down.
IHObasically could not verify download or find download. Downloading from mediafire worked bettrr for me...site

EDIT:
The updater just states now that that the most recent version is installed(up to date). If I go about re-downloading again it would have to be through mediafire....so...idk I don't toggle back and forth between wireless&network so..it's either one or the other and cross my fingers that it doesn't time-out!

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

If IHO Updater cannot verify the download then the file was corrupted and should not be flashed.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Still having a problem with PlayStore...just moments ago re-downloaded the update.zip from mediafire--as I mentioned, IHO said was already up-2-date, so couldn't go that route. This time a straight/excellent WiFi connection. Download completed...Wiped cache/delvik twice, prepped for update w/o formatting system or boot, installed .zip again...Still no PlayStore when rebooted--application not found!
This shouldn't be that difficult, just frustrating as I don't undertand why this is happening!?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just updating the Playstore will not work either because you have to have one version of it in the /system/app directory to start. The update just installs to /data/data
The easiest way to get it to /system/app is to flash the Gapps. Make sure you wipe cache partition and dalvik cache.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Still having a problem with PlayStore...just moments ago re-downloaded the update.zip from mediafire--as I mentioned, IHO said was already up-2-date, so couldn't go that route. This time a straight/excellent WiFi connection. Download completed...Wiped cache/delvik twice, prepped for update w/o formatting system or boot, installed .zip again...Still no PlayStore when rebooted--application not found!
This shouldn't be that difficult, just frustrating as I don't undertand why this is happening!?

You can still you IHO Updater with the option "Install Zip," there may be a problem with the Wipe for Update as that is based on the EasyWipe.zip that AndyOpie150 uses.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I've pulled a full CayongenMod repo since about 3 months ago they added VM build support within the frameworks. So if everything tests well and working well, release a full CM based update, so fare the FastCharge Pull Down Widget also updates as soon as it is pressed, I'm hoping that sticks even with the changes I'm having to do.

Well be releasing an update to the Recovery in about a week with changes made to the partitioning of the sdcard, sorry AndyOpie150 without rewriting a script and killing the partition function cannot ad FAT32 support for stock ROMS.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

After setting everything up on previous version.. this is what continues to happen..
SS:

Attachments

• screenshot-1357769271093.png
    screenshot-1357769271093.png
    185.6 KB · Views: 58