04-27-2013 09:07 PM
673 ... 56789 ...
tools
    When I try to install the latest update in backside updater it force closes. I am running an old version of mandylion if it is relevant. Version included in screenshot.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_Mandylion-IHO using Tapatalk 2
    06-03-2012 10:47 PM
    Try turning your wifi on, sometime a poor data connection well cause problems with BacksideUpdater.

edit: Yeah there may be problem with that version of BacksideUpdater. Try this version and adb push to system.

Code:
    adb shell
    system_rw
    exit
    adb push /path-to-newer/BacksideUpdater.apk /system/app/
    adb reboot
    Using Terminal on the phone, place BacksideUpdater on root of sdcard.

Code:
    su
    system_rw
    cd /sdcard/
    cp BacksideUpdater.apk /system/app/
    reboot
    Then try everything again.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-03-2012 11:06 PM
    Try turning your wifi on, sometime a poor data connection well cause problems with BacksideUpdater.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    That didn't help. It still force closes

06-03-2012 11:14 PM
    That didn't help. It still force closes

Yeah there may be problem with that version of BacksideUpdater. Try this version and adb push to system.[/SIZE]

Code:
    adb shell
    system_rw
    exit
    adb reboot

Code:
    su
    system_rw
    cd /sdcard/
    reboot
    06-03-2012 11:24 PM
    Yeah there may be problem with that version of BacksideUpdater. Try this version and adb push to system.[/SIZE]

Code:
    adb shell
    system_rw
    exit
    adb reboot

Code:
    su
    system_rw
    cd /sdcard/
    reboot
    I think you're right. It says it it's up to date but it it's an old version.

06-03-2012 11:28 PM
    It may still say update to date, if it does just download and place on sdcard. Then us Backside Updater to install the rom per-the instillation instructions in the first and second post.
    06-03-2012 11:55 PM
    It may still say update to date, if it does just download and place on sdcard. Then us Backside Updater to install the rom per-the instillation instructions in the first and second post.
    I successfully installed it by using the "Install other ROM or theme" feature in backside updater v3.3.

06-04-2012 12:16 AM
    Okay, it turns out there was an error in the online manifest file that would cause BacksideUpdater to FC or show that the rom was up-to-date. I edited the file to be inline with how I have the "ro.build.version.incremental in build.prop setup, so there should be no more error about older version being up-to-date.
    06-04-2012 01:56 AM
    First off, let me say I love this rom. It's one of the smoothest roms I've used. That being said I am getting a really weird bug. I've gone to 3 different sites I use regularly and each time it's prompting me to download the iPhone version of apps instead of the android version. Am I the only one having this problem?
    06-04-2012 08:42 AM
    First off, let me say I love this rom. It's one of the smoothest roms I've used. That being said I am getting a really weird bug. I've gone to 3 different sites I use regularly and each time it's prompting me to download the iPhone version of apps instead of the android version. Am I the only one having this problem?
    It's because of the about:debug User Agent which is set to iPhone to make it easier to download. To change it go into settings scroll to the bottom and set to Android, I made the User Agent visible for easier changing.
    06-04-2012 10:28 AM
    Updated
    06-09-2012 09:29 PM
    The previous update didn't require us to restore data so why does this one?

06-10-2012 01:56 AM
    The previous update didn't require us to restore data so why does this one?

It's better to remove the data, that if the system apps had any changes those changes would not get updated.
    06-10-2012 02:57 AM
    I noticed you changed the notification icons. Does the new icons include a 1X data icon?

06-10-2012 10:55 PM
    I noticed you changed the notification icons. Does the new icons include a 1X data icon?

Yup
    06-11-2012 10:04 AM
    I would like to point out that when trying to install an update using the 'Choose From SDCard' option that backside updater will crash. You can still install the update using the 'Install Other ROM or Theme' however.

06-11-2012 04:22 PM
    Are you using the per-installed FileManager app? Most root file manager apps are incompatible with BacksideUpdater.

I have no problem using BacksideUpdater. I can look into it, but what file management application were you using.
    06-11-2012 06:05 PM
    Are you using the per-installed FileManager app? Most root file manager apps are incompatible with BacksideUpdater.

I have no problem using BacksideUpdater. I can look into it, but what file management application were you using.
    I was using AndroZip Root File Manager but using the default file manager fixes that problem. Thanks dude

06-11-2012 06:21 PM
    Another Update.
    Badboytoast and SuppliedRelic like this.
    06-16-2012 09:33 PM
    Is anybody having trouble with the search hard key not working?

06-18-2012 05:09 PM
    download Google Search for Google Play. I removed the QuickSearchBox app, well have to ad it back in the nix update.
    06-18-2012 06:04 PM
    Well have an update sometime next week, right now I'm trying to get my other project of the ground and working. Sorry everyone about breaking the search button in last build. Well most like be changing the launch in the next build.
    06-21-2012 01:06 PM
    Well have an update sometime next week, right now I'm trying to get my other project of the ground and working. Sorry everyone about breaking the search button in last build. Well most like be changing the launch in the next build.
    Thanks for the info, I will be looking forward to that update.

06-21-2012 10:43 PM
    Well post an update tomorrow for both OM-Mandylion and CWM-Blue-Recovery.
    06-28-2012 07:30 PM
    Hi all - new to OM-Mandylion and still have some questions (yes I've read through the thread, etc) so if somebody would help me out...

- i'm a bit confused on what Mandylion uses for the ext partition - does it use data2ext? and then do I still need to restore my apps or will it automatically find them on my ext partition? i used data2ext for a long time until about 6 months or so ago when i just found it easier (?) to use link2sd in a way. though now that i think about it was it faster? well, yes it was, when updating my rom from a previous build...

anyway, somebody let me know, when you've the chance. i'm gonna switch up anyway i think when the new build comes out tomorrow just to check it out, and thanks ahead of time.

--- thanks to all DEVs, and everybody else whom helps out this stuff.

oops, forgot to install gapps or such, so i'm starting again - but hey it's looking good. (i did see the 'play store' but just to be safe... just don't know????)
    06-29-2012 12:48 AM
673 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD