[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.01.01-EXT....................[Update]

I thought I would let everyone know that the 40ad2sdx int.d tweak included in the build increases the sd read ahead cache to 8192KB which is pretty high and may cause issues.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change to OP to state that I class 8/10 sd-card is to be used, I may put out an update with to version: one with a read-ahead of 768 for those with stock sd-card and one with it dropped to 2048. Root Explorer is included in the ROM.

With the PNY Class 10 I have the works very well at that settings.

Last edited:

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I need help. I wiped everything in recovery and when I mount my sd card I only have 909.90MB available on my card when I have a 2GB card. I have tried formatting using MiniTool Partition but I can't get above 909.90MB. Can anybody help me?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I need help. I wiped everything in recovery and when I mount my sd card I only have 909.90MB available on my card when I have a 2GB card. I have tried formatting using MiniTool Partition but I can't get above 909.90MB. Can anybody help me?

can you take a screen shot and post it?

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Alien CM7 v1.3.01 ++ (Update)

Is there some simpler way to get from EXT3 to EXT4 than using Gparted? Apparently EXT3 is as good as I can get with EASEUS partition manager

I have the same problem as he does, the ROM refuses to install on Ext4. Every time I format it to Ext4 it reformats the partition to ext3. I am using MiniTool Partition.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by SuppliedRelic<br />
CWM 3.x.x.x<br />
<br />
Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk
<br />
<br />
That recovery does not support ext4 so when you reformat the sd-ext it reformats it to ext 3. I would go with either Bobzhome, IHO VM670-recovery.
In your opinion is it absolutely necessary to upgrade to ext4?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running OM v2.01.01 using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

In your opinion is it absolutely necessary to upgrade to ext4?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running OM v2.01.01 using Tapatalk

Yes and no. The journaling of the file system is better then ext3, but it does but Cache_Read_Ahead is a little slower. But I would upgrade the recovery though.

You can edit the script to mount ext3, just use 7zip and open up the zip file (do not unpack it) and pull out the script. System > etc > inti'd > 40ad2sdx.

Download Notepad++ to edit the script it is free: do not edit scripts in Windows using Notepad since it does not use Unix formatting.

Last edited:

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

That recovery does not support ext4 so when you reformat the sd-ext it reformats it to ext 3. I would go with either Bobzhome, IHO VM670-recovery.
I downloaded the latest version of the IHO recovery and it still formats it as ext3.

EDIT: It was my error all along. I was formatting to ext4 while mounted in the ROM. How stupid is that?

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded the latest version of the IHO recovery and it still formats it as ext3.

EDIT: It was my error all along. I was formatting to ext4 while mounted in the ROM. How stupid is that?

I use Linux for all things Android and it makes things easier when working with ROMS and ext file system.

Linux is good for development, and Windows is good for Media Center.

I well be updating the ROM in about a week, I'm testing out some new things right now.

Last edited:

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would let everyone know that the 40ad2sdx int.d tweak included in the build increases the sd read ahead cache to 8192KB which is pretty high and may cause issues.

You can change the value if you have something like Root Explorer to a more reasonable number. Typically 2048 is the default read ahead cache in the IHO build.

Just go to system/etc/int.d and find the 40ad2sdx file and use a text editor to edit the value.

I have attached a screenshot to where the value can be found after the /system/xbin/echo line. Mine has already been changed to 2048.

Not saying that having it set to 8192 is a bad thing, I was just running into issues having it that high. :confused:

What kind of problems could it cause?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems updating apps on the play store. Every time I try to install an update it says "package file invalid"

Sent from my LG-VM670 running OM_MLS v2.01.01-EXT using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I am having problems updating apps on the play store. Every time I try to install an update it says "package file invalid"

It sounds like it is an sd-card problem, try wiping the Delvik-Cache in recovery. You should not have a problem with market updates since the Delvik-Cache for /data/app/ is moved to the sd-ext, the system Cache and system Delvik-Cache stays in the internal memory.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like it is an sd-card problem, try wiping the Delvik-Cache in recovery. You should not have a problem with market updates since the Delvik-Cache for /data/app/ is moved to the sd-ext, the system Cache and system Delvik-Cache stays in the internal memory.

I tried wiping the Delvik-Cache but that didn't fix it.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Then it sounds like there is a problem with your sd-cards partition. Try reformatting and repartition the card outside of the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781