[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.01.01-EXT....................[Update]

Does this mean I'm gonna have to re-flash the ROM yet again?

Should not have to, if the link to the ext partition is gone then it well just relink the partition on second boot. That is how it should work, never did test to see if it does relink. I would get a PrYN 8GB at Walmart think it's 14 dollars, it is cheap and a very fast Class 10.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Should not have to, if the link to the ext partition is gone then it well just relink the partition on second boot. That is how it should work, never did test to see if it does relink. I would get a PrYN 8GB at Walmart think it's 14 dollars, it is cheap and a very fast Class 10.

I found a solution. The problem was the cache folder is integrated into the system memory and it didn't have enough space to store the downloadfile.apk that the market uses for updates. I used a script to link the cache dir to my SD-card. Thanks for the heads up about the cheap sd card at Walmart.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running OM_MLS v2.01.01-EXT using Tapatalk

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I found a solution. The problem was the cache folder is integrated into the system memory and it didn't have enough space to store the downloadfile.apk that the market uses for updates. I used a script to link the cache dir to my SD-card. Thanks for the heads up about the cheap sd card at Walmart.

Found out the problem the Data Delvik-Cache is being copied to both sd-ext, and the System Cache partition: this is not needed because of what the 40ad2sdx script does. The true fix is the delete the 01mvdalvik script in /system/etc/init'd/ and then delete the Delvik-Cache folder in /Cache/, then reboot the phone. The system Delvik-Cache well have to be rebuilt so the reboot well take a couple of minutes longer.

Reactions: SuppliedRelic

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Found out the problem the Data Delvik-Cache is being copied to both sd-ext, and the System Cache partition: this is not needed because of what the 40ad2sdx script does. The true fix is the delete the 01mvdalvik script in /system/etc/init'd/ and then delete the Delvik-Cache folder in /Cache/, then reboot the phone. The system Delvik-Cache well have to be rebuilt so the reboot well take a couple of minutes longer.

This solution solved my problem. Are you going to include this fix in your next update? Thanks for the help.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Yup, and thanks from pointing out the problem you were having other wise I would have missed this.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.2.04-EXT....................[Update]

An update is now ready for download, see second post for download and read the first post for info.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] *** OM_MLS2.2.04-EXT....................[Update]

So a full wipe is required to update to the latest version of the ROM?

Recommend yes, you can just Wipe the Boot, System Cache and Delvik-Cache and leave the sd-ext alone. But I've included MyBackupRoot to back all you apps and there data, you can also use it to backup you SMS, MMS and Call Logs.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Recommend yes, you can just Wipe the Boot, System Cache and Delvik-Cache and leave the sd-ext alone. But I've included MyBackupRoot to back all you apps and there data, you can also use it to backup you SMS, MMS and Call Logs.

I decided to go ahead and do a full wipe to be safe.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM_MLS v2.2.04-EXT using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][IHO] *** OM_MLS2.2.2..........[updated & rebuilt]

is the sony launcher still in this??
ps themes work you just have to wipe the data on the launcher

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][IHO] *** OM_MLS2.2.2..........[updated & rebuilt]

is the sony launcher still in this??
ps themes work you just have to wipe the data on the launcher

No the Sony Launcher has FC problems with most TV/movie app. It use Zeam Launcher now, which is smaller and more stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo