[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....10-22-2012..Update

Is there an equivalent to the ondemand governor currently included in the ROM?

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM-Mandylion using Tapatalk 2

IntellDemand is based off Ondemand, but is more like Interactive with the active CPU Frequency Scaling of Ondemand.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I came from bobz cm10 now on mirage but can't get apps to SD ext. I see this supports ext. Does not mirage? Will titanium actually work on this cause its all I have. Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I came from bobz cm10 now on mirage but can't get apps to SD ext. I see this supports ext. Does not mirage? Will titanium actually work on this cause its all I have. Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

It comes with MyBackupRoot perinstalled, Titanium Backup has problems understanding how the sd-ext is mounted and only reads the data partition, so if you have a lot of apps restoring them well take more time.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

EarthandFire My phone screen keeps flashing off and on like every 30 seconds any clue why? And are any security improvements in ur rom say kernel hardening or address space layout randomizations implemented?

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

EarthandFire My phone screen keeps flashing off and on like every 30 seconds any clue why? And are any security improvements in ur rom say kernel hardening or address space layout randomizations implemented?

Did you do a full wipe when coming from another ROM? As for the other question, pretty much what the other kernels have.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Did you do a full wipe when coming from another ROM? As for the other question, pretty much what the other kernels have.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Yes a thorough full wipe.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Do u recommend super su and if so how can I switch without breaking something

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Do u recommend super su and if so how can I switch without breaking something

SuperSU does not work well with IHO Updater, I'm working on incorporating Toggling USB-Fast-Charge into the ROM without the need for an extra app. Hoping to have something tomorrow after noon, well also have the su binary updated as well and Superuser well be a little smaller as well.

By default the screentime is 30sec.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Wondering if u can include an option for transparent status bar.

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I still can not get my phone to enter USB mass storage mode while running the ROM

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Update for OM-Mandylion is available. The status-bar pull down notification power widget enable/disable USB-FastCharge has a small bug in that the indicator well not update as to weather it is disabled or enabled, until notification-pull-down is released; but it does enable and disable USB-FastCharge.

I still can not get my phone to enter USB mass storage mode while running the ROM

You sdcard maybe going bad, or USB-FastCharge maybe enable, but if you are running the 20121021 build, then it maybe that you sdcard is failing because USB-FastCharge is disable on boot/reboot.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry if I come off as ignorant, but,
This ROM keeps catching my eye with the constant updates and support.
What exactly are the differences between my current daily (MiRaGe) and this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry if I come off as ignorant, but,
This ROM keeps catching my eye with the constant updates and support.
What exactly are the differences between my current daily (MiRaGe) and this?

There are a few things like: auto sd-ext partition mounting on boot, custom stock blue them, treaked for music and gaming custom kernel and custom ringtones. Comparing the change log of both ROM's there are a few more differences as well, though most have to do with the kernel.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....10-28-2012..Update

There are a few things like: auto sd-ext partition mounting on boot, custom stock blue them, treaked for music and gaming custom kernel and custom ringtones. Comparing the change log of both ROM's there are a few more differences as well, though most have to do with the kernel.

Auto sd-ext is always a turn off for me because my SD is partitioned to FAT32.
What is the quickest/most efficient way to repartition it while being able to maintain the data and such?!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....10-28-2012..Update

Auto sd-ext is always a turn off for me because my SD is partitioned to FAT32.
What is the quickest/most efficient way to repartition it while being able to maintain the data and such?!

I would download MyBackup Root from the Play Store and use it to backup your personal data like: call log, contacts if not synced with Google account, sms/mms messages and bookmakes, then backup your download apps and data. I then would use a free program called Easeus Partition Master and delete the sd-ext FAT32 partition then creat the ext3 partition that is needed, making sure that it is set as primary (NOTE: you well not have to reformat the sdcard if you are just going to convert the FAT32 sd-ext partition into a ext3 partition).

Once you install the ROM you can use MyBackup Root which comes per-installed to restore the backups you made, but restoring the data last. IHO Updater and CWM-Blue-Recovery work together for updating the ROM, restoring data after updating takes about 1 to 10 minutes depend of the how many download apps you have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7