[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....10-28-2012..Update

I would download MyBackup Root from the Play Store and use it to backup your personal data like: call log, contacts if not synced with Google account, sms/mms messages and bookmakes, then backup your download apps and data. I then would use a free program called Easeus Partition Master and delete the sd-ext FAT32 partition then creat the ext3 partition that is needed, making sure that it is set as primary (NOTE: you well not have to reformat the sdcard if you are just going to convert the FAT32 sd-ext partition into a ext3 partition).

Once you install the ROM you can use MyBackup Root which comes per-installed to restore the backups you made, but restoring the data last. IHO Updater and CWM-Blue-Recovery work together for updating the ROM, restoring data after updating takes about 1 to 10 minutes depend of the how many download apps you have.

Wow, this is seriously helpful.
Many thanks.
Anyways, regarding MyBackup Root, that's just like Titanium Backup Pro, right?
I didn't know I could just convert the partition.
This process still kind of confuses me as to what I specifically need to do, but I'll look into it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

You sdcard maybe going bad, or USB-FastCharge maybe enable, but if you are running the 20121021 build, then it maybe that you sdcard is failing because USB-FastCharge is disable on boot/reboot.

But it works fine from recovery

Sent from my LG Optimus V running OM-Mandylion using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

For anyone that flashed the ROM'S on the LS670 and then installed to LS kernel, I have uploaded a new kernel zip with the build.prop updated to reflect the current OM-Mandylion build. If you with to have the info updated in About phone then download the LS670 kernel again and flash.

But it works fine from recovery

Under Settings > About phone > Status, what does it say for Battery status when you have the phone connected to the computer? Does it say Charging (USB) or Charging (AC)?

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Under Settings > About phone > Status, what does it say for Battery status when you have the phone connected to the computer? Does it say Charging (USB) or Charging (AC)?

Well this is odd...I enabled then disabled FastCharge and now USB Mass Storage mode works fine.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Why will I have to restore my data if I'm doing a dirty flash using the updater it gets so tedious doing that. Is it possible to flash this without having to restore apps. I used titanum when coming from a different rom and it worked fine. But when I install using backside updater will it erase my data? Thanks

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Why will I have to restore my data if I'm doing a dirty flash using the updater it gets so tedious doing that. Is it possible to flash this without having to restore apps. I used titanum when coming from a different rom and it worked fine. But when I install using backside updater will it erase my data? Thanks

It will only erase the data from user apps. It is very simple to restore your app data using My Backup Root. I also did not like the fact that I had to switch from Titanium Backup to MBR but I have started to prefer MBR over Titanium Backup.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Because of the way the sd-ext and data partitions are mount the data/data has to be removed this is to keep the system stable. User data like call log, sync, messaging some settings well not be removed, plus because of differences between IHO Updater and BacksideUpdater, the latest version of CWM-Blue-Recovery is recommended. One other thing, because user data is the fully wiped most of the features that Titanium Backup have are not needed, and because MyBackupRoot is per-installed restoring app data is easier.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I read somewhere someone was able to run the latest Netflix on their optimus v running smoothly with some hiccups here and there on the Mirage ROM. I tried it on this ROM and it doesn't seem to be running well at all. Any ideas?

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

So my LG Optimus V is officially broken. The charging port is messed up and I can't charge it. I have enjoyed using this ROM and being a part of the Optimus V community and I hope you keep up the great work. I have ordered the Kyocera Rise and it should be arriving in 3-5 days.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

So my LG Optimus V is officially broken. The charging port is messed up and I can't charge it. I have enjoyed using this ROM and being a part of the Optimus V community and I hope you keep up the great work. I have ordered the Kyocera Rise and it should be arriving in 3-5 days.

I have one now, it's a nice phone. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Sad thing when a phone dies, hope the new phone works out for you.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

YouTube downloaded from the play store force closes for me

If you are talking about after booting from doing an update install that is normal. Google changed their "User Privacy" a while ago, so all Google apps now use your Google Account Sync, just wait for your "Google User Account" to resync and YouTube while work.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If you are talking about after booting from doing an update install that is normal. Google changed their "User Privacy" a while ago, so all Google apps now use your Google Account Sync, just wait for your "Google User Account" to resync and YouTube while work.

I didn't have YouTube installed before. just installed it last night. it's a fresh install of YouTube. I don't see anything syncing in the background. right when I hit the YouTube icon to open it, it just FCs. I've tried a reinstall of it thrice. no luck :-(

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have YouTube installed before. just installed it last night. it's a fresh install of YouTube. I don't see anything syncing in the background. right when I hit the YouTube icon to open it, it just FCs. I've tried a reinstall of it thrice. no luck :-(

Do you have back ground data on and is back ground sync on?

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed this ROM for the first time and I'm loving it. BUT, I'm running into an issue with the battery life. I have a 3600mAh battery and my percentage is dropping rather fast charged it up and I am loosing a percent every few minutes. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Just flashed this ROM for the first time and I'm loving it. BUT, I'm running into an issue with the battery life. I have a 3600mAh battery and my percentage is dropping rather fast charged it up and I am loosing a percent every few minutes. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Did you celebrated that battery, meaning did you deplete the battery fully at lease twice and charge it offline both times? Normally with the stock battery 8 - 12 under heavy use is normal and 12 - 16 under med/heavy use.