[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-20-2012..Update

Why when I first boot this newly flashed rom does it hang and loop at the android logo?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

another issue I noticed is when I change my brightness using the status bar and I turn off my screen, it reverts back to the brightness I had before. for example, my current brightness is at minimum. I use my finger and slide across the status bar to change it to maximum. I then turn off the screen. I turn the screen back on and the brightness is back to minimum for some reason when it should be at maximum.

There has been a bug in that for a while, but when going thought the code yesterday I pulled in some more CM7 changes and it does not seem to be a problem anymore. I'll be releasing the full fix update later today.

Why when I first boot this newly flashed rom does it hang and loop at the android logo?

Because of the way the sd-ext is mounted there needs to be an sd-ext partition in order to boot, otherwise it well not. I may rewrite the script sometime soon to allow boot without one.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

There has been a bug in that for a while, but when going thought the code yesterday I pulled in some more CM7 changes and it does not seem to be a problem anymore. I'll be releasing the full fix update later today.

Because of the way the sd-ext is mounted there needs to be an sd-ext partition in order to boot, otherwise it well not. I may rewrite the script sometime soon to allow boot without one.

Wait..dont make us not be able to have sdext. Cause that's all I can use.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

ROM is Upddated 2012-12-24 build and all issues have been fixed.

would this script work well for your ROM as far as sdext? I've had success with it before and I believe BobZ uses it for his ROMs. [SCRIPTS]CronMod-A2SD/D2EXT/INT2EXT (updated 09/19) - xda-developers

There is already and sd-ext mount script used in the ROM, though sd-ext3 or sd-ext4 is required as posted in the OP and the INT2EXT ones are pretty similar to the one used in that it keeps the Radio on Internal data of the sd-ext.

DaveM6

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

There is already and sd-ext mount script used in the ROM, though sd-ext3 or sd-ext4 is required as posted in the OP and the INT2EXT ones are pretty similar to the one used in that it keeps the Radio on Internal data of the sd-ext.

So if I have no SD ext, will it still boot loop after the update?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

So if I have no SD ext, will it still boot loop after the update?

For now yes, it going to take me a while to rewrite the script so that the auto mount of sd-ext still works and if no sd-ext partition then it well skill the mounting of it.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Did you update the recovery as well?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Did you update the recovery as well?

Had to, cause the recovery is what was causing the problem. I had it set to erase a folder that cannot be erased if you are updating the ROM and not doing a fresh install. Recoveries version number is 1.7.0.1-T

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Had to, cause the recovery is what was causing the problem. I had it set to erase a folder that cannot be erased if you are updating the ROM and not doing a fresh install. Recoveries version number is 1.7.0.1-T

Used the prepare for update option. Everything seems to be working, but lost data on some apps. Also lost launcher settings. Not a huge deal, just thought I'd let you know.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Hate to point this out, I know you just fixed a bunch of stuff and that all works really well now but the fast charge button is not showing in the notification power widget anymore.

:D

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Well... Looks like I'm back again running the latest OM-Mandylion build once again. I bounce around a lot but always wind up back here. Keep up the great work EarthnFire78!

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

DeMoN_SoRrOwS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site

Still a bit newbish so I'm in mass rom exploration stage lol Currently using illusion 2.3.7. Runs Netflix with far less lag than most which I like (gotsta watch my Walking Dead). Anywho, I always end up going back to OM-Mandylion after a bit. So I'm saying thanks much for the time you spend towards the great rom, and looking forward to what you may have in store in the future.

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi, my first time trying out this rom... not really sure which gapps to use. I tried downloading Cyanogenmod 7 version from Latest Version/Google Apps - CyanogenMod Wiki but the main download isn't up anymore and the Mirror keeps giving me a corrupt file (when I try to install it ZenGarden reports a bad file). Can anyone link me to the correct gapps file please? :)

Androcen

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Install and download info

If you are updating to the current OM-Mandylion Build please download and flash the ZenGarden Recovery 1.7.0.1-T first, o keep from having problems with some system apps being killed or now Functional Play Store.

Installation Instructions if coming from another rom
  1. Format sdcard from recovery and create an sd-ext partition, I recommand that the partition be no more then 10% of the total size of the sdcard.
  2. Download MyBackup Root from the Market and backup everything you need to. MyBackup Root comes pre-installed so it is easy to restore app and data backups.
  3. Make Nadroid Backup.
  4. Download ROM and place on the root of the sdcard.
  5. Boot into Recovery and format everything.
  6. Reboot and wait for phone to boot up.
  7. Go here to download the the recommended ZenGarden Recovery, pick the version to your liking and use IHO Updater to install the recovery. (this is optional, but recommended if you are going to use IHO Updater to update the ROM).

***** Using contradictory instructions like, placing ROM on root of the SDCARD, then afterwards formatting everything, is not good documentation. I found that I was heading down Brick Lane and actually got a soft brick. All is well now though. I backed out until later I might read all the comments to see what's happening.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

***** Using contradictory instructions like, placing ROM on root of the SDCARD, then afterwards formatting everything, is not good documentation. I found that I was heading down Brick Lane and actually got a soft brick. All is well now though. I backed out until later I might read all the comments to see what's happening.

It should read format everything but sdcard ;)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

When I was on cai i enjoyed playing a game called osmosis hd. On both this and Mirrage play store tells me it's incompatible but the games requirements are met (android 2.2 and multi touch) I'm guessing it's something in the build.prop but i dont know. Any ideas?