[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-24-2012..Update

E&F its been two days that i wake up with a phone force closing a million windows . I did a clean install on both. I changed recoverys although i doubt thats the case. Something about MIDs or something ? Im missing something here aint i?

What recovery are you using?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

It was the recovery you made? It has the option to install ics and the auto gapps . I don't think its the newer beta recovery but I could be wrong. I installed an older of the touch version of the recovery and it seems to be back and running.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

It was the recovery you made? It has the option to install ics and the auto gapps . I don't think its the newer beta recovery but I could be wrong. I installed an older of the touch version of the recovery and it seems to be back and running.

Use version 1.7.0.1-T the previews version I goofed on the what to wipe, but if you like test out the ICS version I well be releasing an update for it tomorrow and version 2.0.0.1-T of the Gingerbread recovery has well.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

tried todl the 2013 version, it pointed to 12242012 version. thanks for the new year gift, cannot wait to test it.

bun

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-05-2013..Update

Working great so far. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Install and download info

first time trying out this ROM. Questions.

1) When should I flash the vm670 kernel, before the ROM or after the ROM? I think it should be after the ROM.
2) I am using CWM 4.0.1.5. How do I use/change to SenGarden Recovery? Can/should I use the flashimage.apk? or can I flash within CWM 4.0.1.5?
3) Do I have to use any linkSD apps or the ROM takes care itself?

Thanks for the new year gift, read all the good reviews about it.
TIA.

bun

Last edited:

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Specific changelog? Please? 4 new build :)

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

E&F: I dl the 2013 build. I flashed with the CWM4.0.1.5 and it booted. I did not flash the kernel. Everything runs, fast and smooth like silk. Thank you. However, I cannot download and install apps " cannot install due to error (921)". I suspect it is the SD-ext is NOT set up right. Any suggestions? And is it necessary to flash the kernel. and how to use the ZenGarden recovery? Thanks again,

Edit: I reflash the ROM and now error 921 resolved. Do I need to install kernel? And I also notice, now my baseband version changed from zv4 to zv5. Umm.....
bun

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

E&F: I dl the 2013 build. I flashed with the CWM4.0.1.5 and it booted. I did not flash the kernel. Everything runs, fast and smooth like silk. Thank you. However, I cannot download and install apps " cannot install due to error (921)". I suspect it is the SD-ext is NOT set up right. Any suggestions? And is it necessary to flash the kernel. and how to use the ZenGarden recovery? Thanks again,

bun

Try clearing the Download Manager data and cache, Play Store data and cache, and Google Services Framework in Settings > Appications > All: after removing your Google Account in Account & Sync, then reboot the phone and and your account again.

Regardless if that works I do strongly recommend you update your recovery.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

EARTHANDFIRE78 does your rom implement the sendRawpdu feature which is required for full features of hushsms app.? Thanks

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

appreciate continued progress and updates but......
Just ran the update from previous. What happened to Gapps/play store?! Why did everything I had setup previously get lost? All of the dock bar settings/apps and whatnot--completely GONE. I dod use MyBackup to restore apps, but why did this happen??
PlayStore is gone and I did not flash a version of it because it was suppposed to have been included in your ROM as was previously...
I'm using the correct recovery and only did a "prep for update" and wiped cache and delvik twice.
Also, IHO updated is still giving me problems. I downloaded your update .zip via network onto SD
Any ideas as to why these issues?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

When you updated did you only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. If you wiped data, or formatted data (this wipes data as well), then it's then same as doing a factory reset. You return to a totally fresh ROM look with nothing of yours on it.

If you did ^ that and didn't flash the gapps then no playstore as well.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

appreciate continued progress and updates but......
Just ran the update from previous. What happened to Gapps/play store?! Why did everything I had setup previously get lost? All of the dock bar settings/apps and whatnot--completely GONE. I dod use MyBackup to restore apps, but why did this happen??
PlayStore is gone and I did not flash a version of it because it was suppposed to have been included in your ROM as was previously...
I'm using the correct recovery and only did a "prep for update" and wiped cache and delvik twice.
Also, IHO updated is still giving me problems. I downloaded your update .zip via network onto SD
Any ideas as to why these issues?

I'll look into, but it sounds like some left over code causing the problem. Just out of curiosity what problems is IHO Updater giving you?

When you updated did you only wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. If you wiped data, or formatted data (this wipes data as well), then it's then same as doing a factory reset. You return to a totally fresh ROM look with nothing of yours on it.

If you did ^ that and didn't flash the gapps then no playstore as well.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

There is a problem with Backup Restore saying complete, but really is not, so I'm thinking that there is some leftover code causing the errors. When the recovery is fixed I'll uploaded but keep the same version code.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

EARTHANDFIRE78 does your rom implement the sendRawpdu feature which is required for full features of hushsms app.? Thanks

Google decapitated that back in Cupcake, so have not looked into adding it and most likely well not since it is not something that I would use or need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon