[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-05-2013..Update

Again, I had to use the mediafire site for the download...
Es is just an app I restored& put on home screen.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

You said IHO Updater was given you problems one of those being that it could not find the zip, so I'm a assuming that is what the recovery was reporting. The recovery is already mounted as root so anything with the "/mnt/" extension is going to report an error.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Right...
To reflash with a fresh download I did not use the updater. Used recovery.
changed nothing else.
There was not an issue with the install or flash, I just don't have playstore as I did prior.
Hope this explains it somewhat better for u. Thx

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

EarthandFire does the 1/5 build have ur latest kernel?

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

It does, but if you want to wait for about 3 more days well have a full CyanogenMod-7 build with a bunch of extra features. The build is not an IHO version but rather the CM7 team added VM support to CM7 and CM9. So if everything in the test works (and so fare everything does and then some); OM-Mandylion will no long be based on IHO-CM7 code (save devices only), but pure CM7.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

It does, but if you want to wait for about 3 more days well have a full CyanogenMod-7 build with a bunch of extra features. The build is not an IHO version but rather the CM7 team added VM support to CM7 and CM9. So if everything in the test works (and so fare everything does and then some); OM-Mandylion will no long be based on IHO-CM7 code (save devices only), but pure CM7.

Sweet

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I didn't think that was ever gonna happen! Totally stoked!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I didn't think that was ever gonna happen! Totally stoked!

Nor did I, but I was going through the CM7 commits on git and notice one for VM that was pulled from the IHO repo so I did a full CM7 repo save the devices, and the recovery from my own personal repo and compiled it. Part of the code was broken having to do with AndroidAudio but that was an easy fix. Got all my personal changes in and working, did away with the Blue theme opting for a more stock look, next step is to make the custom ring-tones smaller.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Nor did I, but I was going through the CM7 commits on git and notice one for VM that was pulled from the IHO repo so I did a full CM7 repo save the devices, and the recovery from my own personal repo and compiled it. Part of the code was broken having to do with AndroidAudio but that was an easy fix. Got all my personal changes in and working, did away with the Blue theme opting for a more stock look, next step is to make the custom ring-tones smaller.

Do the other ROM devs know? The reason I ask is my wife uses Mirage and it would be nice to have an official CM7 build on her OV as well.

Are you going to include the theme chooser in the rom since you decided on a stock look? Or will that be an additional download and flash?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Most likely well incude ThemeMaanger and ThemeChooser in the next build, but not the themes. I'm unclear if the other developers know or not, as CM7 commit is about 5 months old, but I assume that not many do because it has not been talked about.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Most likely well incude ThemeMaanger and ThemeChooser in the next build, but not the themesnot. I'm unclear if the other developers know or not, as CM7 commit is about 5 months old, but I assume that not many do because it has not been talked about.
not sure that anyone has noticed that but you... I'd seen no mention of it anywhere else.
I have seen comments about how cm keeps ignoring rashed's armv6 fixes, and doesn't want to maintain armv6 legacy devices, so it's really surprising to me that there's support integrated into their system for our "clunky" armv6 device thru cm9!
cool, though. I'm pleased to hear it.
sorry for OT :p

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

not sure that anyone has noticed that but you... I'd seen no mention of it anywhere else.
I have seen comments about how cm keeps ignoring rashed's armv6 fixes, and doesn't want to maintain armv6 legacy devices, so it's really surprising to me that there's support integrated into their system for our "clunky" armv6 device thru cm9!
cool, though. I'm pleased to hear it.
sorry for OT :p

I'm sure the CM7 commit was to support the high end devices on VirginMobile, but they pulled the code from the IHO repo which made it possible for support of our cheap phones as well. This is the java file ("CdmaSMSDispatcher.java") they edited to support VirginMobile and this is the file I assume that was needed to be changed when porting ROMS. If so what this means that that any ROM that is being ported and the developer of the ROM is using the latest CM7 or CM9 rope mms, sms and data should work without changing the framework.jar file.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Update for OM-Mandylion equals the first none IHO based ROM, but now a fully 100% CyanongenMod-7 ROM.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
no worries as I know you've been busy....and I know this is exciting news being a full CM7 release!
Will I have the PlayStore now or will I have to flash an older signed .zip file that I have on top of this?
I haven't touched the phone since I had this issue I had posted about previously.
Thanks bud:)

p.s. I like your new avatar now...a bit less "kiddie" LOL

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
no worries as I know you've been busy....and I know this is exciting news being a full CM7 release!
Will I have the PlayStore now or will I have to flash an older signed .zip file that I have on top of this?
I haven't touched the phone since I had this issue I had posted about previously.
Thanks bud:)

p.s. I like your new avatar now...a bit less "kiddie" LOL

Just be sure and update the recovery to 2.0.2.7-T version I cleaned up the errors that were cause you the problems. In case you are wondering about the reason for use this recovery as a posses to COT or CWM-Green, or BobzHomes IHO, it has to do with the sd-ext and how it is used. The reason that updating some ROMS cause problems is that if the sd-ext partition is used files and folders get moved around and if the wrong thing was wiped the the errors you were having can happen, or if not enough things were wiped then that creates a whole other mess of problems.

So what ended up happening with the recovery when I rewrote some of the source files I ended up reusing some left over code that I should not have, and that is what was cause the problem. To use IHO Updater set File Manager as the default action, if it you have chosen another app just go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and select the app that is set and "clear default."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae