[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
First a big thinks goes out to blarf, mrg666, BobZhome, JerryScript and LeslieAnn.

OM-Mandylion started out as IHO-Alien out of boredom and geekness and cannibalizing other roms February of last year and since then has evolved into the ROM it is today.

OM=The symbol of absolution.
Mandylion=Peace and healing.

ROM CHANGE LOG
  1. Pure Cyanogenmod7 frameworks.
  2. FastCharge pull-down Widget thanks to thekraven.
  3. Increasing ringtone volume option.
  4. Updated su binary and Superusera.apk to newest versions.
  5. Updated busybox binary to current version.
  6. Radio socket file is now kept on the data partition instead of the sd-ext hopefuly this currects some data dropoff problems.
  7. Bluetooth having unique MAC addresses thanks to mrg666.
  8. Fixed essue with IHO Updater and FileManager point the recovery to the wrong file location causing Auto-Install to fail.
  9. Added some build.prop treaks to help with 3g data and does seem to help in testing.
  10. Desiabled Fast-Charge on boot/reboot.
  11. SD-ext mounted as data equals increased internal storage.
  12. Basic Gapps include.
  13. MyBackup Root thanks to the developer for giving me permission to use the app as a system application.
  14. Applied fix for Android Terminal crashing with some keyboards.
  15. Add options to download OM-Mandylion extras in IHO Updater.
  16. Applied USSD-based attacks fix to Contacts system/app.
  17. Updated Default Blue Theme to look a little more blue.
  18. Applied fix for stopping endless media scans with some jpeg files.
  19. Default to hardware egl adreno200 libaries and applied build.porp treaks posted by LeoLawliet.
  20. Cleaned up leftover code in Setting.
  21. Update etc gps file for faster gps lock.
  22. Add some more custom ringtones.

Unless otherwise noted the newest kernel is included into the ROM build.

KERNEL CHANGE LOG
  1. Applied entropy Linux kernel patch for better data pooling.
  2. Kernel based from mrg666 kernel source.
  3. Set Interactive as default Governor.
  4. Back ported arch/arm cpu overclock support from candied-kernel.
  5. Ported Conservative Governor from 3.0.8 kernel.
  6. Ported LG msm 7x27 Wireless Force Sleep driver.
  7. Added InteliDemand Governor from candied-kernel, and SavageZen from GingerKernel.
  8. Updated display drivers from candied-kernel.
  9. USB Fast-Charge patch added for faster USB and car charge charging (see note on how to use).
  10. Update: SIO 0.2.
  11. Hardware based floating point function instead of software base.
  12. Applied UID_STAT dependencies and PM patches.

Recommendations
  1. Backup sd-card first to you computer.
  2. Partition the sd-card using the recovery and setting swap to 0.
  3. The Partitions size be no greater then 10% of the total size of your card, this is to protect the sdcard from failing and either ext3/ext4. Any other file system format or no ext partition well cause boot failure.
  4. Class 4 or high sd-card be used, the stock sd-card may work, but have system problems.
  5. Go here to download the the recommended VM670 ZenGarden Recovery, pick the version to your liking.
  6. Use Mybackup Root to backup your apps and data, if you use TB (the free or paid version) you well have problems restoring apps. TB does not full understand how the sd-ext is mounted, this is a problem with TB not the ROM.

If you are updating to the current OM-Mandylion Build please download and flash the ZenGarden Recovery 2.0.2.7-T first, to keep from having problems with some system apps being killed or a Functional Play Store

Installation Instructions for Updating from an Earlier Version
  1. Recomend downloading and install ZenGarden Recovery 2.0.2.7-T if not already insstalled and pick the version needed. before install ROM, which cam be done with IHO Updater menu button option Install a Recovery.
  2. Download OM-Mandylion using IHO Updater.
  3. After download is complete IHO Updater well check the md5sun is verify the zip, once verified choose "Reboot Recovery," select "Automatic Install."
  4. Set phone down and wait for about 5 minutes.
  5. Phone well auto reboot, and boot into Home screen. You may loss the Application Grid shortcut just long push on the screen and select Shortcut; well only need to restore your app data using MybackupRoot, your call log and massaging log well not be lost.

Installation Instructions if coming from another rom
  1. Format sdcard from recovery and create an sd-ext partition, I recommand that the partition be no more then 10% of the total size of the sdcard.
  2. Download MyBackup Root from the Market and backup everything you need to. MyBackup Root comes pre-installed so it is easy to restore app and data backups.
  3. Make Nadroid Backup.
  4. Download ROM and place on the root of the sdcard.
  5. Boot into Recovery and format everything (system, boot, data, and sd-ext if sdcard is already partitioned).
  6. Install ROM.
  7. Reboot and wait for phone to boot up.
  8. Go here to download the the recommended ZenGarden Recovery, pick the version to your liking and use IHO Updater to install the recovery. (this is optional, but recommended if you are going to use IHO Updater to update the ROM).

Installilation ZIPS
Current Update OM-Mandylion-201301012 MD5 b7fdf4c5c2488d5d40979ce013f2a144 Previous Update OM-Mandylion-20130105 MD5 3457cd8e1a47ff85c7d3ca519dd20ec0

Kernel 20130128 is not included in 20130112 build of OM-Mandylion
Kernels
VM670-OM-Kernel MD5 e8b12782411dfb4aecf51bffc80d1d21 LS670-OM-Kernel NOTE: Key remaping is not required, this is a fully compiled LS kernel, this also applies the changes to the build.prop if you are updating to the current version of OM-Mandylion. If you are on a different ROM make a backup of you build.prop then restore after installing new kernel and reboot system, otherwise the wrong ROM info well show up in settings. MD5 ce3ee03bd85e42c82c466a80afdd2763

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Q AND A's

You ROM says it needs an sd-ext partition, what well happen if I do not have one?
Simply the ROM well not boot into the home screen.

My sdcard is partition but is not and ext3/ext4?
As long as it is an ext file system format you should be good, if it is a fat32 you well not to reformat the partition to the required format.

I do recommend that the partition be either an ext3 or ext4 because of file system journaling.

What is Fast-Charge?
Fast-Charge acts as a USB pass through when the USB is connected either to a computer or a car charger. This is very useful when using the GPS for turn-by-turn.

I noticed that your ROM does not have the normal CPU Governors, why is that?
One of the things that mrg666 noticed is that a lot of the Governors used where based on one another, so he worked on the base Governor cleaning up the code making it more efficient. The
IntelliDemand and Conservative Governors come from the Linux kernel 3.0.8 and both have more active scaling when in use and better power management when not in use.

For Interactive, Conservative and IntellDemand it recommend the min of 122 and max to no higher the 806. The SavageZen, is based on both SmartAss and InteractiveX and recommend
a min of no low then 600.

IntelliDemand has the best battery life when not in use, Interactive as the best overall power management.

How is the battery Life?
I'm a pretty heavy user and see between 14 to 18 hours use, with a time-without-signal of no higher then 4% and I live in a poor reception area.

Is this ROM IHO?
At its base core no, because the frameworks is pure Cyanogenmod7, unlike IHO which is not.

Do I have to use the ZenGarden Recovery?
No you do not have to, the recovery in the beginning was designed to work with the ROM and centered around the design of the ROM. This is not so anymore, for either case. The only thing
if using a different recovery, you may not be able to update the ROM, being left to do a full wipe to install with each update.

The recommendation is really a shameless plug of my other project.

Can I use you ROM as a base to a port?
Not the binary build, but you are free to use the source, the kernel on the other hand you are free to use in a ported build.

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Alien CM7 v1.01

This ROM looks real kewl. It is nice to see something new for the Old V. Going to do a Backup and give it a go. Thanks

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

This ROM looks real kewl. It is nice to see something new for the Old V. Going to do a Backup and give it a go. Thanks
Thanks and lets me know what you think :)

Note: The static bar well not look the same as to what is in the picture, due to problems me OV had did not include in the ROM.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely beautiful! I didn't think the OV could get any smoother but they did it. The app draw is awesome with the sort feature. I had a nice giggle with the floaty wiggle effect. The live wallpaper is a real must have for this it brings it together nicely and with it running nothing even hiccups/shutters at all. I think I have fallen in love with my OV all over again. Thanks for this.

P.S. That animated Trash can is the $#it.

Last edited:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Yup, its just an edit of Mirage, with some things taken out, and some stuff put in.
Ive made a few ROM variants myself, just never released them to the public.
At least he's not claiming to have built the ROM and write the code himself, and directing credit to where it's due.
This Mirage variant looks fairly interesting, but i will not flash it due to the fact that I'm already keeping up with 2 other ROMs.

Reactions: rusty2788

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

@EarthnFire, I have a Sony Launcer of the most recent Sony device. Would you like it? :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

You're talking about pulling it from /system/app?
You can't.
These launchers are based for their framework.. just like the htc sense launcher won't work for any other non-htc phone..

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Yup, its just an edit of Mirage, with some things taken out, and some stuff put in.
Ive made a few ROM variants myself, just never released them to the public.
At least he's not claiming to have built the ROM and write the code himself, and directing credit to where it's due.
This Mirage variant looks fairly interesting, but i will not flash it due to the fact that I'm already keeping up with 2 other ROMs.

Was bored and happened to have like what I setup and thought to share it with other OV owns. Liked Mirage ROM and all, but the Launcher for the ROM acted weird on my OV, and went with stock and then with Sony Launcher and found it works very well and is faster then stock do to the smaller app size.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

You can't.
These launchers are based for their framework.. just like the htc sense launcher won't work for any other non-htc phone..

Slither2006 did use a Sony Launcher for the one that is user, and doing so think it turned out to be a better one for the OV other then stock. If you download the Launcher you with have your choice as to which one to use, and that to me seems like a good idea to choose a launcher based of screen type and size.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You can't.

No it works. I like it. It has a special shine, and its on transitions.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08