Factory Reset my Optimus V in Privacy Menu

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I know im not supposed to but i blanked out and just hit the button not even realizing what it would do... i Factory reset because i thought it would solve an issue which i fixed on my own... But my case is a strange one... I have tried several threads that have the same problem and all of them say to get the xonia recovery but that didn't help..(well it did sorta)

So at the Moment i am on iho cm7.2 but stuck in recovery mode which bobzhomes iho 4.0.1.4.3. Several times i flashed the xonia recovery from the iho recovery im in but what happens is after i hit reboot system or power off.. or even reboot recovery.. this screen pops up and first it intantly factory resets, then wipes my cache, then it continues to boot the phone to cm7...

Im looking for suggestions because i would like to get my data back but i can live off the phone in the condidtion it is in now.. i just cant turn it off

*I Do Have ROOT
*I can Use Terminal Emulator
*I am on IHO Jerry Scripts
*I can use The Phone if i flash the xonia recovery.. (but it doesn't work as a recovery)
*if i use any other recovery i am stuck in a recovery loop

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
A better question is how they managed to factory reset on an IHO ROM. That option has been removed on all the versions, and has been for a while. The op claims to be running IHO CM7.2.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The factory reset isn't completely removed, just hidden deep down. (And no, I'm not saying where it is. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to use it)

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
A better question is how they managed to factory reset on an IHO ROM. That option has been removed on all the versions, and has been for a while. The op claims to be running IHO CM7.2.

Sorry... I should of stated that I couldn't find a factory reset on oho... so I restored a stock rom and then factory reset... then I flashed oho in the recovery hoping it would fix it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My advise throw away your android buy a iphone and never touch android again.

Despite people telling you not to do it you still ignored the warning.

@conrail16 Jerry removed the factory reset from the settings menu as did most others. Any other method of finding it means you know what your doing and know its a bad idea to use.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

@conrail16 Jerry removed the factory reset from the settings menu as did most others. Any other method of finding it means you know what your doing and know its a bad idea to use.

LOL just what I was thinking

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Very true, it's not easy to find it unless you understand Android's internals (in which which you probably know better than to use it), or you got very (un)lucky and found it randomly while exploring deep down in the system. I was just pointing out that it was not completely impossible the OP did stumble on it in IHO.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It's sad really, I mean, I read so much before I even attempted rooting, and it was clearly stated all over the place. I feel bad for the guy, but he really didn't do his homework.

lvsniper

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
@EpicSilver

Yeah, i did exactly the same thing 2 days ago. I was in exactly the same state of mind along with trying to do exactly what you did

I guess i have a secure phone version... now that the phone gets wiped off on reboot. Pain to reconfigure stuff like market/amazon and wifi along with other software..

My bad.. lesson learned :)

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I really don't care now.. because I CaN run iho ... and I can use the phone as if nothing is wrong... I just don't turn it off... when I feel like it I will try to return it to stock

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

i put this thread up for support... if you have nothing supportive to say than i rather you not comment here

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i put this thread up for support... if you have nothing supportive to say than i rather you not comment here

And I spent a good bit of my time trying to help you in another thread. Wasted time IMO.

So I would rather you take my advise so no more wasted members time is spent.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
i Did that b4 you send me the link and i tried it again... but the recovery doesn't seem to work on my phone and thats how im in the state that im in now

You could try flashing the recovery I use, do not rename the recovery image file and use this script to flash the recovery to your phone using Terminal Emulator or adb.

1: Unzip the RecoveryFlash and put the Recovery image in that folder, then put the fold in the root of your sd-card.

3: Reboot phone and wait for sdcard to mount.

4: Become root user in abd shell or terminal emulator with command without quotes "su."

5: Use any File Explorer or File Manager that as root access and copy/paste the recoveryflash.sh file in the RecoveryFlash folder on the sd-card to /data/local.

6: Run these commands in either Terminal or adb.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]cat /sdcard/recoveryflash/recoveryflash.sh > /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
chmod 0755 /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
/data/local/recoveryflash.sh[/SIZE]

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You could try flashing the recovery I use, do not rename the recovery image file and use this script to flash the recovery to your phone using Terminal Emulator or adb.

1: Unzip the RecoveryFlash and put the Recovery image in that folder, then put the fold in the root of your sd-card.

3: Reboot phone and wait for sdcard to mount.

4: Become root user in abd shell or terminal emulator with command without quotes "su."

5: Use any File Explorer or File Manager that as root access and copy/paste the recoveryflash.sh file in the RecoveryFlash folder on the sd-card to /data/local.

6: Run these commands in either Terminal or adb.

Code:
[SIZE="2"]cat /sdcard/recoveryflash/recoveryflash.sh > /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
chmod 0755 /data/local/recoveryflash.sh
/data/local/recoveryflash.sh[/SIZE]

Thanks in advance and one question... can i use flash gui or not... and should i place in root of sd card first then after the reboot use terminal emulator (thats what im going to be using) but send it to background, move the flash img. and recovery to the data/local then reopen terminal emulator