Will the OV get a touch recovery?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if our phones will get a touch recovery like the OS? I know the OS and OV are the same phones with the hard buttons swapped. So I know and can verify it will work on our phone. Just wanna know if we can get one to call an OV touch recovery.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I honestly might try flashing it later.

Worst case scenario I just adb another recovery.img over it if it doesn't work

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually using it now makes it a lot easier. The only thing is it doesn't show progress bar or and words saying its loading files. But it works

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
so far so good with this OS touch recovery. flashed IHO,ICS and weekend project with zero problems. i read on the OS forums that battery wipe was taken out because it does nothing for their phones. would that be true for our phones since they have the same hardware?

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
so far so good with this OS touch recovery. flashed IHO,ICS and weekend project with zero problems. i read on the OS forums that battery wipe was taken out because it does nothing for their phones. would that be true for our phones since they have the same hardware?

Wiping battery stats does nothing for all droid phones, if I am correct.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I honestly like the old recovery, you actually have to press buttons to do something, not say that you accidentally pressed something. It's only good if your buttons are broken or something.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I honestly like the old recovery, you actually have to press buttons to do something, not say that you accidentally pressed something. It's only good if your buttons are broken or something.

It's kinda hard to "accidentally" flash or wipe something when the only buttons are back, up, down and menu. Also, the hardware buttons still work as expected so you don't even have to touch the screen to use it.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

The reasons I use the OS touch recovery is because 1. I hate the IHO recovery because you have to use the camera button to select and hate the orange color. 2. The touch is a lot easier on my hands to use. But I mean to each their own. Everyone has their preferences. Oh and drew when you build one for the OV can you keep it the color It is for the OS? More plesent and easier to see IMHO.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I think a touch recovery for the v would be a nice option to have. Some will use it some won't. I think I'd stay with my tried n true IHO recovery

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the OS touch recovery I'm using on my OV. drew did an awesome job on the OS recovery so I know the OV one will be top notch.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out the touch recovery also and I love it tho I couldn't restore a backup of quattrimus made with it, I can't wait for the ov specific version!
Sent by smoke signals

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying out the touch recovery also and I love it tho I couldn't restore a backup of quattrimus made with it, I can't wait for the ov specific version!
Sent by smoke signals

I have had no problems with making and restoring backups. But I agree be nice to have our own touch recovery.

Reactions: thekraven

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1