my gmail keeps sending out spam to my contacts. is this being caused by root access or what? i have never had an issue with this before i rooted the phon, i hav edeleted the account and am about to reset everthing and then log in to my new gmail.
    02-23-2012 08:12 AM
    I would suspect your computer (virus/trojan), or someone managed to hack the account.

I highly recommend you change the password from what you were using with something more robust (cap, lower case, number and a symbol).
    02-23-2012 08:22 AM
    Run malwarebytes and combo fix on your computer. Combofix first.
    02-23-2012 10:22 AM
    your pc is wack yo!

you were the victim of some malware. i shudder at the horror of what condition your PC is in.

your a KNOWN GOOD PC to reset the passwords on all your accounts, then wipe your main PC and start over. anti-virus software is , bogs you down and doesnt remove the real problems. a re install of windows is in order.

until you do that you are NOT safe online.

look into ad blockers and firewalls next time around
    02-23-2012 01:19 PM
    Changing the password on another computer will do little if he goes back and uses Gmail on it later if it's infected.

Gmail isn't exactly the most secure email out there, and many people use poor passwords, and trust me, there are systems running 24/7 trying every account/password combo out there. My web server is under constant attack.
    02-23-2012 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD