02-24-2012 10:14 PM
54 123
tools
    No offense to you CuriousNoob, but I'm going to need a few more testers. So I can make sure that what works works..

PM me if interested

also, this is pretty self explanatory, but I'm going to need somebody who won't even think about sharing this link. Because anyways, it's going to be deleted after I see you've downloaded it. Sorry, trust issues
    02-24-2012 05:48 PM
    Almost completely irrelevant.
    MIUI isn't AOSP or CM and as far as I know, no one has even started working to get Virgin mms going on any MIUI.

With ICS, the most difficult part was getting it working initially, however, with CM9, they are just adapting the cm7 tricks to work. It's not as simple as that, but there is a basis they are working from. It took MONTHS to get VM mms working on CM7, with the help of some good programmers.

MIUI you are again starting from, almost scratch. Yes, the CM7 info will help because we at least now know what VM is doing, but you still have to interface it with the miui code and structure.
    In all honesty, this is built from my CM9 ROM. (err.. Bob's :P.. still haven't figured that out. Lol)
    I just imported some important files and BAM. Booted. Changed a few more files, flashed Drew's kernel, looking like it belongs on our phones

I'm probably going to be releasing my build very very soon. If not today tomorrow
    02-24-2012 05:53 PM
    Yeah, haven't gotten to test it yet but I can tell you the phone.apk keeps crashing.. Going to need a new one, I'm guessing. This is how me2151 fixed it for cm9 for ZVH
    Yea.,hey gannon mind pming me a link to your file and ill start from yours for the s
    02-24-2012 06:07 PM
    Also, credits are given to a Xperia X8 dev. This Miui was ported from his build that same day. o-o
    02-24-2012 06:26 PM
    Oh yes. TOTAL credit to that dev. That other thread got shut down for odd reasons... I'm wondering if I should even post this in xda... lol
    sellers86 likes this.
    02-24-2012 06:31 PM
    Yea.,hey gannon mind pming me a link to your file and ill start from yours for the s
    Yeah of course, but I don't want you to post the link until mine is posted
    If you're fine with that, of course.
    02-24-2012 06:32 PM
    In all honesty, this is built from my CM9 ROM. (err.. Bob's :P.. still haven't figured that out. Lol)
    I just imported some important files and BAM. Booted. Changed a few more files, flashed Drew's kernel, looking like it belongs on our phones

I'm probably going to be releasing my build very very soon. If not today tomorrow
    Ah okay, somehow I missed that and thought this was Miui.
    02-24-2012 07:16 PM
    Ah okay, somehow I missed that and thought this was Miui.
    Well it is MIUI, but it's built from CM9. It's difficult to explain. Lol
    But I was jk about the kernel, spoke too soon. It broke the wallpapers and systemui.
    I'm just eagerly waiting for one of my 6 testers to speak up...
    02-24-2012 07:19 PM
    But I was jk about the kernel, spoke too soon. It broke the wallpapers and systemui.
    Hi Gannon if you send me that link I'll test within the half hour.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2012 07:24 PM
    Hi Gannon if you send me that link I'll test within the half hour.

I thought I already sent you one.. sorry!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    02-24-2012 07:31 PM
    MIUI is not quite CM9, the core of it is based on CM (older was CM7), but not all of it.
    It's an entire interface dropped over CM, sort of how Sense is dropped over Gingerbread. Like Sense, tons of the framework is re-engineered for this to happen, part of which involves mms and can effect other systems as well. Sense goes so far as to contain the bluetooth system

You won't be able to just drop CM fixes right into this.

Don't get me wrong, it's great you are doing it.
    02-24-2012 07:31 PM
    I'd love test this too. Let me know!
    02-24-2012 07:38 PM
    MIUI is not quite CM9, the core of it is based on CM (older was CM7), but not all of it.
    It's an entire interface dropped over CM, sort of how Sense is dropped over Gingerbread. Like Sense, tons of the framework is re-engineered for this to happen, part of which involves mms and can effect other systems as well. Sense goes so far as to contain the bluetooth system

You won't be able to just drop CM fixes right into this.

Don't get me wrong, it's great you are doing it.
    Yeah I do realize that. It just means this is going to be a little more difficult than expected. But I'm fine with that. All in all, I wasn't even really planning on doing this; it just came into my head and I thought it would be fun. When Bob released his project, if I still couldn't get this to boot, I was going to give up on it.

Alas, I'm still going to keep trying and making it better.

I thank you, though, for your advise
    02-24-2012 07:41 PM
    I thought I already sent you one.. sorry!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    No prob. Feel free to pm the link if you still need a tester

02-24-2012 07:49 PM
    PM me a link ill give er' a go
    02-24-2012 08:02 PM
    Oh yes. TOTAL credit to that dev. That other thread got shut down for odd reasons... I'm wondering if I should even post this in xda... lol
    Found the thread.

[DEV][X8/W8][MIUI] MiUiv4 alpha-1 ROM based on 4.0.3! CHECK IT! - xda-developers

I believe it was shutdown because the thread creator just ported files from it with no created to the builder. Lol.
    rukin5197 likes this.
    02-24-2012 08:05 PM
    I'll make sure to give him credit. I don't want to mess with him.. lol
    02-24-2012 08:12 PM
    Oh my God. Gannon, you are awesome. I really really need to buy another V so I can test these things! I need my phone to use it as a real phone so I can never test . I really really wanna though. Think I can get a link just so I have the ability to test it if I get the chance? Once again, gannon, you are just freakin' awesome man.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-24-2012 08:23 PM
    Idk. I want to make a new thread, yet I don't know if I can. I have people telling me that data is working, others telling me not. People telling me that SMS is working, some not. Although I'm somewhat disappointed that people aren't keeping in contact with me. I'm not one that gets upset, but don't ask for the link if you can't test. That's just ridiculous.
    Kcls, of course you can have the link. I have been told that it somewhat works, but I'm going to get one last thing in first..
    From now on, no more link requests. I appreciate the interest, yet I'm not getting the respect shown back.
    I will post the thread when I get the phone to stop FC'ing. Thanks for your guys' interest, I say once again.
    02-24-2012 08:31 PM
    @Gannon, Calls worked, I had reception, but the browser wasn't working. Kept telling me that Network connection lost.(The First build you set me)
    02-24-2012 08:33 PM
    Browser's working for me.. odd.
    02-24-2012 08:35 PM
    Gannon, I was willing to test all along, but never got the link. Lol!

Hope all goes well!

02-24-2012 08:41 PM
    Browser's working for me.. odd.
    Ohh. Sorry. I meant without Wifi. Browser looks epic compared to others....
    02-24-2012 08:46 PM
    same
    02-24-2012 08:57 PM
    gannon, I don't know if opti-S users can test this! If I can, please send me a PM (if you'd like) and I'm willing to test. If its about the response back from testers, I tested CM9 for 2 weeks on opti-S forum and you could check my responses. I just want you to know that I'm one among those who want MIUI on our phones and I'm willing to test as long as it takes.

All I need to know is if it can be tested on S and whats the baseband (VD or VH) and if calls work, I don't care much about data/wifi at this point as I'm home most of the time. do let me know.
    02-24-2012 09:08 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD