clockworkmod recovery

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Installed clockworkmod recovery v5.0.2.7. I can no longer select any of the menu options using any buttons or combination thereof. ..only scrolls! Has anyone encountered this and how it can be fixed since now I am unable to boot into , or flash any type of ROM now...also phone got unrooted in the process! That was my bad!

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
But like I said ROM mgr is useless now cuz its unrooted. Not bricked by any means, but---gotta b a way outta this!

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
back out of this page... scroll up to rooting, roms, hacks and select, scroll down to 2012 ov reference guide and select, read it... knowledge is priceless... :)

Last edited:

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much read all of that and thank you. Problem still being,however, phone will not root again even with a formatted SD..this is the main concern at this point-- and the useless recovery menu.
I lost my market app along with these other things as well that I hadn't before mentioned.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
so what IS the best method to get this re-rooted, remove this CM recovery version, and put the proper ROM in ??....it's not un-rooted back to version 2.2.2....still 2.3.4 if that makes any sense or helps in the posts for suggestions.

thank you kindly

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
gingerbreak or gingersnap should still work for root... use bobzhome's recovery... use terminal emulator or flashimagegui to flash recovery... :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
so what IS the best method to get this re-rooted, remove this CM recovery version, and put the proper ROM in ??....it's not un-rooted back to version 2.2.2....still 2.3.4 if that makes any sense or helps in the posts for suggestions.

thank you kindly

Well firstly don't use rom manager with this phone... EVER!

How are you on a 2.3.4 rom but don't have root? any 2.3.4 rom for the optimus v has root by default unless you manually unroot it. You can test this by typing "su" in terminal emulator on the phone. If you have root the $ will turn to a #

Once we've confirmed you have root get this file
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzc5k8taj9smmll
Put it on the root folder of your sdcard and rename it to v.img

Open terminal emulator and type in
su
cd sdcard
FLASH_IMAGE recovery v.img

That should get you a working recovery. Then go here
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1114444
Read through the instructions on the third post carefully and you'll have backside IHO (android 2.3.7) running in no time

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

thank you kindly

I bet he has the optimus slider...
Maybe but then "it's not un-rooted back to version 2.2.2....still 2.3.4 if that makes any sense or helps " doesn't make much sense.

bjzapp

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's posts and replies... let's just say I'm the proud owner of 2 OV's now.... no further comments on that lol. but in reply as I was saying I mainly un-rooted the phone via gingerbreak . No, it's not the slider, it's the OV with a new screen. Before this was done apparently that was the point where I had the wrong recovery flashed and wasn't even able to backup anything.
So I'm basically looking to get at least a file manager or something on there again And get the proper android recovery back in order to install the stock rom.
Hope this makes more sense and is clearer

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Use gingerbreak to re-root and follow my instructions above. You can move the recovery.img from your download folder to the root of your sdcard with a computer using usb mass storage