04-02-2012 12:59 PM
373 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Am not good with most of the Build Prop stuff you guys be talking about. I'm more of a themer. xP
    03-12-2012 04:59 PM
    Some issues come up with Market compatibility. Some apps won't show up even though I've installed them on previous versions. Having some issues with the Ringtone and Notification tone settings but that was already mentioned. Also... There is chinese or japanese or whatever characters on the lockscreen and in several small places and not to mention, music player force closes, but again as expected. Finally, the slide away notifications don't work

There are going to be updates to this correct?
    03-13-2012 08:56 AM
    If you want the lock screen not in Chinese , you have to replace the lock screen. Zip with the FIRST build, the .zip is located in system / media them you'll have an English lockscreen. , but I was still having market issues, installing
    03-13-2012 11:39 AM
    I'll release the latest update in a few minutes. Idk if everything will be the same like Gannon's build since this is my first attempt.
    rukin5197 and Badboytoast like this.
    03-13-2012 03:08 PM
    I'll release the latest update in a few minutes. Idk if everything will be the same like Gannon's build since this is my first attempt.
    Good
    Word of advice: look around for other LeWa ROMs. The people who ported it over to the Optimus one said that the heroc ROM was giving them too much problems and they based it off another one and it fixed most of them. Just letting you know

ALSO: I still recommend making your own thread. Just post an alpha here and let the people test it. If it works fine, make a new thread
    03-13-2012 03:15 PM
    Good
    Word of advice: look around for other LeWa ROMs. The people who ported it over to the Optimus one said that the heroc ROM was giving them too much problems and they based it off another one and it fixed most of them. Just letting you know

ALSO: I still recommend making your own thread. Just post an alpha here and let the people test it. If it works fine, make a new thread
    LeWa, updated. I will try to update every Friday and hope nothing bad occurs. :P

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52681148/LeWa.zip
    bdieu17 likes this.
    03-13-2012 03:21 PM
    Ok, so Gannon. Only problem is the 3g once again..... Data Settings no longer have the CDMA 0 thingy. Unless I'm mistaking ofc......

Good thing is that you can now select ringtones and stuff without force close.
    03-13-2012 03:37 PM
    Ok, so Gannon. Only problem is the 3g once again..... Data Settings no longer have the CDMA 0 thingy. Unless I'm mistaking ofc......

Good thing is that you can now select ringtones and stuff without force close.
    Try replacing apn.xml in framework like I did in MIUI. Just like the eri.xml work, but instead delete apn.xml from LeWa and put in the one from MiRaGe.

This is just a suggestion
    03-13-2012 03:44 PM
    After messing around, to get 3g to work, you have to go to

Settings>Data>APN>New APN> Name it whatever you want, and name the APN what ever you want>Save APN>Check APN

You will then have data.
    03-13-2012 03:44 PM

Settings>Data>APN>New APN> Name it whatever you want, and name the APN what ever you want>Save APN>Check APN

You will then have data.
    You can put that in your OP or just try the fix I posted above. Either works.
    03-13-2012 03:45 PM
    If I do that, do you still have to go to the APN crap?
    03-13-2012 03:54 PM
    Some issues come up with Market compatibility. Some apps won't show up even though I've installed them on previous versions.
    This is due to the build.prop
    ro.product.model=VM670

should actually be
    ro.product.model=LG-VM670

This tells the market what phone you have.
    If it still fails to show everything, then some of the Gapps files are missing or the Market is glitching.

Also on the APN settings should be...
    Replace everything in the etc/apns-conf.xml with what is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <apns version="6">
    <apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>
    </apns>
    03-13-2012 05:05 PM
    This is due to the build.prop
    ro.product.model=VM670

should actually be
    ro.product.model=LG-VM670

This tells the market what phone you have.
    If it still fails to show everything, then some of the Gapps files are missing or the Market is glitching.

Also on the APN settings should be...
    Replace everything in the etc/apns-conf.xml with what is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <apns version="6">
    <apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>
    </apns>
    Thank you Leslie. Full of info, I swear
    I actually didn't do anything with the build.prop. Left it alone.
    Anyways, I'm sure CuriousNoob will get right on this
    03-13-2012 05:10 PM
    That's actually pretty cool. Never knew the market reads that. o_o
    chucksaysblah likes this.
    03-13-2012 07:03 PM
    Its full of surprises!!!
    03-13-2012 07:07 PM
    Here we go. I mainly on change the APN config stuff.

The build prop was already how it should be.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52681148/LeWa.zip
    Badboytoast and chucksaysblah like this.
    03-13-2012 07:59 PM
    I tried the dropbox download link and it says error cannot find file
    03-13-2012 08:23 PM

You will then have data.

For those out there that are n00bs like me. 3g does work do it like this .....

system settings, mobile networks, access point names, then you have to select the virgin mobile one, then hit your settings button and delete the apn in the edit access point menu (dont worry you can make another) then hit your menu again make a new apn name it virgin mobile and name the apn 1 and save it. I had to turn on airplane mode and then back on data but after all that it worked awesomely. sorry curious n00b your directions were slightly confusing although i muddled through just fine. Figured that others could use a little more help!

OR YOU COULD RE READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING A QUOTE UNLIKE ME WHO JUST POSTS LIKE A DOLT BEFORE READING ON. Thanks for the update n00b should i flash it or is it just a fix for the apn?
    03-13-2012 08:28 PM
    Downloading as I type!!
    03-13-2012 08:39 PM
    You can actually edit that file to trick the market into thinking you have a different phone. Can help if you want to try installing "incompatible apps".

I tried the dropbox download link and it says error cannot find file
    Works fine for me!
    03-13-2012 08:46 PM
    Maybe i missed something but I dont see the gallery when i go to change the wallpaper. Whats up with that?

nevermind fixed it seems that the quick pic app that came with the rom wasnt functioning . I had to go in through root explorer and reinstall it for it to become functional.
    03-13-2012 08:52 PM
    How do I get the hard buttons to turn off. They stay lit up
    03-13-2012 09:19 PM
    That's a problem with most of my ports. Idk where the problem lies but it isn't in the logcats
    03-13-2012 09:22 PM
    I actually installed curiousnoobs version not sure if he has a fix for it? I saw a workaround on some thread for it but i cannot find it anymore
    03-13-2012 09:27 PM
    How do I get the hard buttons to turn off. They stay lit up
    Try turning off automatic brightness, enter display settings, that always worked for me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    chucksaysblah likes this.
    03-13-2012 09:27 PM
373 ... 910111213 ...