Archived: [ROM[2.3.7]LeWa OS! 3.2.2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM[2.3.7]LeWa OS!

That's what I was getting! It's so odd, I thought it was just my phone...

Maybe try a little later in the boot? Although I'm sure that it's going to be the same..

I think it might be saying that there is a file missing from the directory that is stopping the logcat from being enabled. Just throwing ideas out there.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

That is smart. Lol but then again you could just google adb.zip and you'll find like 20 different download sites that download a directory ;)

Hey, we all start somewhere. x3

I was new to the Android world, I got it from that Supersixty1 guy on Youtube, How to Root Optimus V. :p

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I believe no matter when you start logcat, it will give you the full dump.

What would probably be of more value in this instance is dmesg output. Logcat will tell you which parts of the system are pushing defined log messages, while dmesg will tell you how the kernel is communicating.

Looks like your main issue is the shell is not available at the time that script is triggered, could be it's not available period, or it's mapped to a different directory than expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: rukin5197

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, it's dmesg not dmsg (edited post above to correct).

Via adb:
Code:
adb dmesg
cntrl+c to stop

Via the phone's terminal:
Code:
su
dmesg
hold the volume_down key and press "c" on your phone's keyboard to stop (that's cntrl+c)

To have the output go to a text file, use the ">" symbol and then the path and filename to save to:
Code:
dmesg > C:\dmesg.txt
Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
You wont see the output with this method, it gets written straight to the designated txt file. ;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, it's dmesg not dmsg (edited post above to correct).

Via adb:
Code:
adb dmesg
cntrl+c to stop

Via the phone's terminal:
Code:
su
dmesg
hold the volume_down key and press "c" on your phone's keyboard to stop (that's cntrl+c)

To have the output go to a text file, use the ">" symbol and then the path and filename to save to:
Code:
dmesg > C:\dmesg.txt
Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
You wont see the output with this method, it gets written straight to the designated txt file. ;)

Its refusing to let me do a dmesg. it just keeps giving me a list of adb commands. and when i output it to a document it either says access is denied or does the same thing and creates a blank file.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Crap. Hold on while I test once more..

EDIT: yeah, you're right. I thought because it at least opened this time, it would work. Looks like it's still a no go guys :/

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Crap. Hold on while I test once more..

EDIT: yeah, you're right. I thought because it at least opened this time, it would work. Looks like it's still a no go guys :/

I don't mind, I'll just replace with with Google Music. That worked for me.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Btw Gannon. The LunarUI themed Launcher doesn't work. (Might just be me) I edited the zip with the files in it, I get a black screen with the status bar. If I reboot, the phone stays on the bootanimation non-stop.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk