Archived: [ROM[2.3.7]LeWa OS! 3.2.2

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
new update still has the same issues as the old one but now there is japanese text all over the lockscreen. themes still dont work right 3g and wifi is fine music player no go as well. love the rom but will wait to run till the kinks are worked out.

DarkLG

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Everything was good on it except for 3g but that could be because of my area I could not get it to work at all still an awesome build though :)

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE it its very fast and stable but man I wish the Music Player FC thing was fixed... I cant even download Google Music from the Market what a bummer :(

Sort of a deal-breaker...

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
the battery life is actually pretty decent on this, even after i am overclocking at 480 / 787

Overclocking doesn't effect power consumption one tiny bit, in fact, it may improve your battery life, because it does the same amount of work in less time. Now if you could overvolt it, that would increase power consumption, but we don't have that ability with the kernels we have, if it's even possible with this processor.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Overclocking doesn't effect power consumption one tiny bit, in fact, it may improve your battery life, because it does the same amount of work in less time. Now if you could overvolt it, that would increase power consumption, but we don't have that ability with the kernels we have, if it's even possible with this processor.

That is a very double edged sword.
Setup to match your use, and yes, overclocking can slightly help battery. Setup the profile or frequencies wrong and it can severely hurt your battery life.

It's actually more about how you set it up than it is about the overclock.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That is a very double edged sword.
Setup to match your use, and yes, overclocking can slightly help battery. Setup the profile or frequencies wrong and it can severely hurt your battery life.

It's actually more about how you set it up than it is about the overclock.

Explain this a little bit further for me if you wouldn't mind LeslieAnn. I think I remember reading that it has something to do with your min being set too low?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Couple things to keep in mind...
Your phone has 3 settings; Idle, min, and max.
In terms of frequencies, above 480, they system increases voltage. 120, despite being in the menu doesn't work and even if it did, it would be useless anyhow.

The original testing and thinking (most people never read the follow ups to the testing) was get the work done as fast as possible. That works find on something like compressing a file, in which case do it as fast as you can and get back to idle. The problem was the initial testing and theory was based on work and idle. Remember how the phone has 3 settings? It never accounted for things like navigation, which is low, but long term processing.

Say you have your min at 360 and max at 804.
When your phone is off, it sits idle. You turn it on and open Gallery, it ramps to 804 to finish the job as fast as possible then goes back to idle. Now, lets play an mp3, it might need only 240, so it uses what it needs and it sits there. When you are finished it goes back to idle. No problem so far, right? Now lets take those same settings and stream music, now it may need say 300mhz. Again, no problems, everything is running optimally.

Now, let's do one last thing. Say you want to listen to music and use navigation, this uses a total of
let's say 365mhz. Because you crossed the 360 mark of your minimum by even a mere 5mhz, your phone automatically goes into max power mode of 804. Now you have not only the GPS running, using battery and giving out heat but you are also running the cpu at 804mhz the whole time. After about 20 minutes your phone will be physically warm and lost a lot of battery. I situations where you exceed the minimum for an extended time, 600 is much better than 800.

The goal is to set the minimum just above what you use the phone for the most so that it only ever crosses the threshold when necessary.
For mp3, 240 is probably fine.
For streaming, 360 is good.
For navigation, 360 might be enough, it might not.

480 is a pretty simple setting because it works the best all around, but it's not the very best for everyone, just a good/safe starting point because you are less likely to cross it, and it's the last step before the voltage increase. The difference in power use between the lower settings is minimal compared to the step from 480 to the next setting.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, so my Sense port is really coming along, since I got on it today, but I'm having a trouble where when I go to flash it, it restarts my recovery immediately. I was going to post this on my blog, but if someone could PM me and I'll provide download link, tell me if it boots for you or not.. I'm in real need of help :)

Thanks

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, so my Sense port is really coming along, since I got on it today, but I'm having a trouble where when I go to flash it, it restarts my recovery immediately. I was going to post this on my blog, but if someone could PM me and I'll provide download link, tell me if it boots for you or not.. I'm in real need of help :)

Thanks

If you still need it I would be glad to help :)

taha1112

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems side loading? I don't like downloading everything from market again >.>

Other than that awesome rom :D

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Couple things to keep in mind...
Your phone has 3 settings; Idle, min, and max.
In terms of frequencies, above 480, they system increases voltage. 120, despite being in the menu doesn't work and even if it did, it would be useless anyhow.

The original testing and thinking (most people never read the follow ups to the testing) was get the work done as fast as possible. That works find on something like compressing a file, in which case do it as fast as you can and get back to idle. The problem was the initial testing and theory was based on work and idle. Remember how the phone has 3 settings? It never accounted for things like navigation, which is low, but long term processing.

Say you have your min at 360 and max at 804.
When your phone is off, it sits idle. You turn it on and open Gallery, it ramps to 804 to finish the job as fast as possible then goes back to idle. Now, lets play an mp3, it might need only 240, so it uses what it needs and it sits there. When you are finished it goes back to idle. No problem so far, right? Now lets take those same settings and stream music, now it may need say 300mhz. Again, no problems, everything is running optimally.

Now, let's do one last thing. Say you want to listen to music and use navigation, this uses a total of
let's say 365mhz. Because you crossed the 360 mark of your minimum by even a mere 5mhz, your phone automatically goes into max power mode of 804. Now you have not only the GPS running, using battery and giving out heat but you are also running the cpu at 804mhz the whole time. After about 20 minutes your phone will be physically warm and lost a lot of battery. I situations where you exceed the minimum for an extended time, 600 is much better than 800.

The goal is to set the minimum just above what you use the phone for the most so that it only ever crosses the threshold when necessary.
For mp3, 240 is probably fine.
For streaming, 360 is good.
For navigation, 360 might be enough, it might not.

480 is a pretty simple setting because it works the best all around, but it's not the very best for everyone, just a good/safe starting point because you are less likely to cross it, and it's the last step before the voltage increase. The difference in power use between the lower settings is minimal compared to the step from 480 to the next setting.
i actually use 729-806 on interactivex anytime i put on a new rom, and usually i wake up at six, unplug it, go to school, etc. By the time i go to bed around 9-10, i still have about 35-15% battery left depending how much i used it in school, but its only died on me once in a month be ause i forgot to charge it, n my settings are well above what you recommend, nott trying to be an a$$h01e...just stating my personal experience with the OV, and been on IHO since November and update it every chance i get.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

I'd be willing to test it out, just fully charged my device anyway :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
@Gannon, and everyone else,

In the rom, where are the themes located? I'm trying to get it to work without a SD card using ADB.

I checked nearly every file, can't find a thing....

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
@Gannon, and everyone else,

In the rom, where are the themes located? I'm trying to get it to work without a SD card using ADB.

I checked nearly every file, can't find a thing....

I was only able to find the themes in the sdcard, nothing on the device itself unfortunately :(

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk