Archived: [ROM[2.3.7]LeWa OS! 3.2.2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Some issues come up with Market compatibility. Some apps won't show up even though I've installed them on previous versions.

This is due to the build.prop
ro.product.model=VM670

should actually be
ro.product.model=LG-VM670

This tells the market what phone you have.
If it still fails to show everything, then some of the Gapps files are missing or the Market is glitching.

Also on the APN settings should be...
Replace everything in the etc/apns-conf.xml with what is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<apns version="6">
<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>
</apns>

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This is due to the build.prop
ro.product.model=VM670

should actually be
ro.product.model=LG-VM670

This tells the market what phone you have.
If it still fails to show everything, then some of the Gapps files are missing or the Market is glitching.

Also on the APN settings should be...
Replace everything in the etc/apns-conf.xml with what is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<apns version="6">
<apn type="mms" apn="0" mnc="490" mcc="311" carrier="Virgin Mobile US" mmsport="81" mmsproxy="205.239.233.136" mmsc="http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?" port=""/>
</apns>

Thank you Leslie. Full of info, I swear ;)
I actually didn't do anything with the build.prop. Left it alone.
Anyways, I'm sure CuriousNoob will get right on this :)

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
After messing around, to get 3g to work, you have to go to

Settings>Data>APN>New APN> Name it whatever you want, and name the APN what ever you want>Save APN>Check APN

You will then have data. :D

For those out there that are n00bs like me. 3g does work do it like this .....

system settings, mobile networks, access point names, then you have to select the virgin mobile one, then hit your settings button and delete the apn in the edit access point menu (dont worry you can make another) then hit your menu again make a new apn name it virgin mobile and name the apn 1 and save it. I had to turn on airplane mode and then back on data but after all that it worked awesomely. sorry curious n00b your directions were slightly confusing although i muddled through just fine. Figured that others could use a little more help!

OR YOU COULD RE READ THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING A QUOTE UNLIKE ME WHO JUST POSTS LIKE A DOLT BEFORE READING ON. Thanks for the update n00b should i flash it or is it just a fix for the apn?

Last edited:

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i missed something but I dont see the gallery when i go to change the wallpaper. Whats up with that?

nevermind fixed it seems that the quick pic app that came with the rom wasnt functioning . I had to go in through root explorer and reinstall it for it to become functional.

Last edited:

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually just did this as you were posting apparently,and came back here to repostthat it worked like a charm thanks man!

I am waiting for 3g on miuiv4 gannon so keep up the good work for us:)

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
noob's build is smooth just like gannons was music app still errors got the 3 g working everything else seems fine. Gannon i tried your latest update for miui and could not for the life of me get a web page to load . It did not however fail and tell me i had no connection so maybe it has 3g but if it does it is so slow tht the page will never load.

Reactions: Badboytoast