[Theme] Quicksilver

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
:: I don't follow this forum that often, the newest updates to Quicksilver can always be found here. ::

My little gift back to the community, the Quicksilver theme for Jerryscript's wonderful BACKside IHO ROM, Mate5, Quattrimus, or the CM7 Theme Chooser. CM7 version is now out of beta and will match the screen shots. Check the download links at the bottom. If requested, I will consider porting Quicksilver to any rom, as long as time permits.

Note: The flashable themes must match the build number! If the builds don't match you will have a bootloop. If your phone does bootloop, restore your last backup. Quicksilver always has a build number to match BACKside, for example Quicksilver 0401 is built against BACKside-IHO-VM670-04012012.

Here are the updated screen shots.

screenshot-1331051279124.png

screenshot-1331051856141.png

screenshot-1331051897487.png

screenshot-1331051879156.png

The wallpaper is Black Steel - found here, the widget is Fancy Widgets. The icon theme is ADW Sense Glass.

BACKside only-
To get the best results for the status bar, make sure you have the status bar set to "theme" (for apk) or ROM (for zip) in >menu-settings-Cyanogenmod Settings-Interface-Status Bar Tweaks.

Note - Apk themes do not support bootanimations.

Flashable Zip only -
Blue Havoc is the bootanimation, made by Jaekar99 over at XDA.

Mad props to Cammykool, who help me test this and gave valuable feedback.

As always I welcome your input and suggestions,

Download
Quicksilver 0502
Quicksilver CM7
Quicksilver Mate5 1.1
Quarttrisilver Alpha 6

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks brotherswing I might give this a run when I get tired of my current blue theme

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
hi Brotherswing! I really like your themes. Do the flashable ones work only on Jerry's or will they work on Mirage etc? Do you plan to keep making the theme chooser ones? Thank you!
oh yeah - when I use the quicksilver.apk my status bar icons look different than in your screen shots. Is it a setting I need to change or something?

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
hi Brotherswing! I really like your themes. Do the flashable ones work only on Jerry's or will they work on Mirage etc? Do you plan to keep making the theme chooser ones? Thank you!
oh yeah - when I use the quicksilver.apk my status bar icons look different than in your screen shots. Is it a setting I need to change or something?

Beta .Apk

Not perfect ;)

If the zip is made in UOT, go into the zip and take settings.uot out of the zip and you can make it for any rom now :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: Dave Begue

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ok,i downloaded the iho zip,flashed the theme via recovery and it wont load past final boot animation. it actually loops the boot sound over and over. i was under the impression this was a flashable theme similar to green theme which is flashable.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Using IHO Harmonia2 here, the APK installs but when chosen using Theme Chooser it says that this theme is not optimized for my screen, is that normal?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
its a good looking theme gotta say. im gonna give it another go on flashing to my iho backside once i know how to avoid the loop issue. i must not be going about it correctly.

Dave Begue

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
its a good looking theme gotta say. im gonna give it another go on flashing to my iho backside once i know how to avoid the loop issue. i must not be going about it correctly.

The zip one only works with backside I believe and the dates also have to match. The apk one is applied with an app installer I used easy installer from the market. Then when you open theeme chooser it will show up in there but it might be named something else like uot or empty or something. The apk ones work with more roms than backside.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The zip one only works with backside I believe and the dates also have to match. The apk one is applied with an app installer I used easy installer from the market. Then when you open theeme chooser it will show up in there but it might be named something else like uot or empty or something. The apk ones work with more roms than backside.

Yes, the dates on the zips need to match the build date for the Rom. The apk's all show the wrong preview and give that one error (because I built them in Windows instead of Linux) but proper versions will be appearing in the next few weeks. I changed the status bar icons a while back but hadn't made the new apk. I figured I'll change the icons when I have my Linux build environment set up (in progress.) I am willing to port any of my themes to any Rom, as long as time allows, just pm me over at AF as that is my primary forum. Check the link in the OP.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk

Reactions: Dave Begue

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Newer zip for which Rom? I updated for BACKside 0401 a couple of days ago. I don't always remember to update the links here, but I always keep them up to date over at AF. I have a link to the thread in the OP. If you mean for a different Rom, let me know, and I'll cook it up for you. I have a reputation over at AF for honoring requests. ;)

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
thought you meant there would be an update for the flashable,using apk now. tried applying the zip to most current iho backside but got boot loop issue. i think i applied zip incorrectly.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I do mean that. The links here are old, I need to fix them. Follow the link to my thread on AF, I always have the newest version there. Sorry for the confusion!

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just updated the OP. My time is terribly limited, I'm the primary caretaker of a colicky three month old and he has to be my primary concern.

I haven't cooked against Quattrimus in a while, is there any interest?