Fix my phone. I can't deal without having the sd card slot broken. What will they say? Do I have to return to stock?

Ideas please.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-27-2012 06:33 PM
    I think you'll have to return it to stock... They'll probably give you a replacement rather then fix it. And by sprint you mean virgin Mobile right?

02-27-2012 07:21 PM
    The labor cost to fix the slot is more than the cost of the phone for them.
    02-27-2012 07:27 PM
    I rather keep the phone, I don't want a new one, somewhat, I love this one. I'm only 13, never had to go to the store for something like this. I don't know much with what will happen. :/
    02-27-2012 07:51 PM
    How old is your phone noob? Vm does have a one year warrenty on hardware

02-27-2012 08:04 PM
    I have about 1 month before my year is up.

02-27-2012 08:40 PM
    I have about 1 month before my year is up.

Contact vm they'll send you a new one along with a prepaid envelope to send them your current one but you should put it back to stock before shipping.

02-27-2012 09:25 PM
    And stock recovery, correct?

02-27-2012 09:56 PM
    call *2, when you get to Clare say 'Retention" That will connect you to them instead of the regular CS agent. The retention's department can do allot more and are willing. The key is to be really nice and really polite to them.
    You will probably have to get a different phone and my have to sign another year, maybe 2. So if your thinking about leaving SPCS don't use retention. They can also get you better plans and deals.
    If you can't get through Clare use this 888-211-4727 or 800-235-1185.
    02-27-2012 10:06 PM
    And stock recovery, correct?

You don't even have to go to stock, just be honest, they are actually really forgiving

02-27-2012 10:08 PM
    Contact vm they'll send you a new one along with a prepaid envelope to send them your current one but you should put it back to stock before shipping.

When I first got my OV in January I thought I would return it and get a Slider so I called and got an RMA number. Whoever I talked with said they would send a return envelope and she never mentioned an address to send it to. I figured I would send it back then order the Slider. In the meantime I saw that both had gone on sale for 20% off. I called back and tried to do an exchange to lock in the sale price. During the convo they said they don't send return envelopes. I ended up talking with several people and exchanging some emails. I think I got 3 people saying they don't send envelopes and two who said they did. It's been over a month and no envelope. Just as well, I decided to keep the OV.
    02-27-2012 10:41 PM
    When I first got my OV in January I thought I would return it and get a Slider so I called and got an RMA number. Whoever I talked with said they would send a return envelope and she never mentioned an address to send it to. I figured I would send it back then order the Slider. In the meantime I saw that both had gone on sale for 20% off. I called back and tried to do an exchange to lock in the sale price. During the convo they said they don't send return envelopes. I ended up talking with several people and exchanging some emails. I think I got 3 people saying they don't send envelopes and two who said they did. It's been over a month and no envelope. Just as well, I decided to keep the OV.
    they send envelopes. my brother has had his phone replace 3 times haha.
    02-27-2012 10:45 PM
    call *2, when you get to Clare say 'Retention" That will connect you to them instead of the regular CS agent. The retention's department can do allot more and are willing. The key is to be really nice and really polite to them.
    You will probably have to get a different phone and my have to sign another year, maybe 2. So if your thinking about leaving SPCS don't use retention. They can also get you better plans and deals.
    If you can't get through Clare use this 888-211-4727 or 800-235-1185.
    Virgin Mobile doesn't make you sign for any yearly plans

02-28-2012 12:06 AM
    He/she was talking about sprint
    02-28-2012 12:15 AM
    Yea I just read the title of the thread and didn't realize that it was a Virgin account. The only thing Virgin has to do with SPCS is a bandwidth agreement and they lease the voice mail networking system
    02-28-2012 12:31 AM
    CuriousNoob if Virgin will not warranty it shoot me a pm. I still have my OPtimus V and I promise you I would let it go for less than repairing yours.
    02-28-2012 01:51 AM
    He/she was talking about sprint
    Sprint is associated with Sprint, so i figured ill go to that store.

CuriousNoob if Virgin will not warranty it shoot me a pm. I still have my OPtimus V and I promise you I would let it go for less than repairing yours.
    Thanks, ill keep a eye out.

What do I call for Virgin Mobile again?
    02-28-2012 02:28 PM
    Bull don't listen to them! Once they hear the words "modified" or "root". The warranty goes out the window trust me!
    02-28-2012 07:41 PM
    ^Lol, probably, hopefully not.

I put out a claim and I don't know what to do. It doesn't go through.
    02-28-2012 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD