HELP!!!!! factory reset

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I ran a factory reset on my phone and it came up with the CWM-based recovery thing and i dont know how to fix the problem can someone please help me

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
ok so i got it back on but everytime the battery falls out when I drop it or turn it off and turn it back on everything is erased and i have to put everything back on the phone. Is there a way to fix this problem or am i just screwed?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Nah when bigsquid posted that he said his phone would bootloop. But it should solve the problem the OP is having. The biggest thing is timing it just perfect.

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
ok so i tried the [FIX] ADB method to break factory reset bootloop by wiping /mtd8 method to fix this problem. but i don't really understand how to do this part:

cut-and-paste this line into the command prompt but don't push enter yet:

Code:
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8; adb reboot recovery

As soon as the silver LG logo diasppears and LGE factory recovery starts, press enter.
the timing may need to be adjusted on either side of where LG logo fades, and LGE recovery starts to format the two partitions, if adb says 'no device'
you can paste the line again and again until adb talks to the phone at the right time. you don't have but a few seconds each boot to get the command through to your V.
once the adb commands punch through, /dev/mtd/mtd8 is cleared so the boot loop should be gone and you will actually boot into recovery.

Where am i supposed to post this exactly i tried to do it in platform tools and in C:\android-sdk nothing happened

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
i don't think that will work because when i factory reset my phone i ran Xionia recovery and it kinda fixed the problem. but i can't turn off my phone with out it foramtting everything

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok first when your at the terminal emulator type in "su" without quotes then type in the code that bigsupersquid gives then reboot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer