I tried to install IHO BACKside on my LG Optimus V, and I stupidly used ROM MANAGER to try to install it instead of doing it through recovery mode....

That's not the worst part.

I had BACKED UP my initial/regular phone data, however upon trying to boot in recovery mode/trying to access the backup I realized i couldn't do anything... stuck on "Before FLashing! Alwaysbackup" screen. I decided to check my SD card as well....

The entire SD card was deleted... everything on it is gone, as if it was formatted.

I have no idea how it happened, so now I'm stuck with an unrecoverable/reset-able phone AND a blank SD card, meaning my Backup is gone... as well as everything else.

What the heck can I do now?
    02-29-2012 08:26 PM
    02-29-2012 08:43 PM
    stop using rom manager on the optimus v!!!
    02-29-2012 08:48 PM
    Right, won't try using it again.

My problem however, is that I cannot get into recovery mode due to the magically blanked SD card....

So I guess I'm up a river without a paddle? Is there nothing I can do now?>
    02-29-2012 08:52 PM
    ur gona need to get something to transfer a new rom then flash it or your gona need to use adb to put a new recovery on it then flash another rom ive done this on my old fone where i erased everything even my sdcard i got lazy and missed sd ext in format and formated my sd lol
    02-29-2012 08:55 PM
    If you can connect via adb, you can fix it. Read the stickies.
    02-29-2012 09:58 PM
    If you have a working recovery, pop the SD card to your computer, transfer your preferred ROM and gapps over, and flash them in recovery.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-29-2012 10:06 PM
    Or recover your stuff with recuva by Piform, incase you have pictures and stuff you lost, and you can get your nan backup back to.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-29-2012 10:46 PM
    FIXED. thanks alot guys!
    03-03-2012 06:27 PM
    Glad to hear you got it working. It's almost impossible to truly brick your Optimus V, but it can be a harrowing experience when you come close!

Read the stickies, and read the threads that announce ROMs, usually the first few posts have important information and instructions that will make it safe and easy to do what you need to with your phone.
    dwappo likes this.
    03-03-2012 08:49 PM
    JerryScript,

I just recently flashed BACKside and for some reason several of my buttons on my Optimus V have stop working. My Home button, my search, and my camera button are not responding. What do i do?
    03-05-2012 05:51 PM
    JerryScript,

I just recently flashed BACKside and for some reason several of my buttons on my Optimus V have stop working. My Home button, my search, and my camera button are not responding. What do i do?
    Sounds like a bad flash. Check the md5s to make sure they match, and if not redownload and wipe data,cache,dalvik cache,system,and boot and reflash. through recovery
    03-05-2012 07:47 PM
    I tried to install IHO BACKside on my LG Optimus V, and I stupidly used ROM MANAGER to try to install it instead of doing it through recovery mode....

That's not the worst part.

I had BACKED UP my initial/regular phone data, however upon trying to boot in recovery mode/trying to access the backup I realized i couldn't do anything... stuck on "Before FLashing! Alwaysbackup" screen. I decided to check my SD card as well....

The entire SD card was deleted... everything on it is gone, as if it was formatted.

I have no idea how it happened, so now I'm stuck with an unrecoverable/reset-able phone AND a blank SD card, meaning my Backup is gone... as well as everything else.

What the heck can I do now?
    edited by moderator
    06-07-2012 06:47 PM
    edited by moderator
    Holy fraud, Batman! Really!? And you posted it publicly!?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-08-2012 08:46 AM
    edited by moderator
    We don't discuss fraud or ways to steal money from manufacturers in the forums. Please don't let it happen again.

Thank you.
    06-08-2012 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD