[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

• Total voters

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
With permission from drewwalton19216801 I have created a thread for CWMT Recovery. This is copied from the OS forum. This will work with our phones.

I am not responsible if you brick your phone.

This thread will be up until drewwalton19216801 offically supports the OV. Once he does this thread can be closed.

Works with old and new screens.

Thanks to the following for verifying that it works on new screens.

Members that verified recovery works on new screen
PacifistRiot
arnold1997
primalist
DizzmalDan420

Special Info

1) CWM Recovery currently can only flash newer ROM ZIPs that use edify scripting. Amend scripting is not supported at this time. Basically, Gingerbread ROMs (including CM7 and CM9) ONLY for now.

2) Radio.img flashing has been disabled (read: should be disabled). This hasn't been tested, but all of you should know by now to NEVER flash OTA updates with a custom recovery

3) Drew ported this in two-ish days while remoted into my desktop from work. TeamViewer FTW!

4) I (Drew) have removed the "wipe battery stats" menu item from the Advanced menu and will not be re-enabling it no matter how much people complain. According to Dianne Hackborn, wiping the battery stats does absolutely nothing to your battery life.

5) Starting with TH5, CWM Recovery (now CWMT Recovery now has touch controls! In order: Back, Down, Up, Select. The physical buttons still work as expected if you don't want to use the touch controls.

Flashing Instructions (Im not sure if this will work with our phones. I dont know enough about adb to attempt. If someone wants to test and report back then I'll delete or edit this as needed. Terminal flash is in post 2)

1) Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access
2) Download the CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th7 image
3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card.
4) Fire up an ADB shell
5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now.
6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image)
7) Reboot to recovery mode
8) PROFIT!

Download CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th7

By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, drewwalton19216801, Team Hydro, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image.

http://www.teamhydro.net/downloads/Recovery/CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th7_thunderc.img

added link with md5sum thanks to sblood86

http://www.mediafire.com/?201g7ayxbo4kmc2

md5sum: 918a1cd72fcbac6b72c23fc83db58b8a

Known Issues

1) Touch control surfaces extend upwards to the top of the screen.
This is intended behavior, it's called being fat-finger friendly

Changelog

v5.0.2.7-th7: Text overlapping the touch controls no longer happens, thanks to sblood86's awesome investigative skillz. Also, the corrupted nandroid backup issue should be resolved as we are now forcing TAR backups for partitions.
v5.0.2.7-th6: UI update, thanks sblood86
v5.0.2.7-th5: Skipped th4, first pass at touch controls!
v5.0.2.7-th3: Removed "wipe battery stats" option from advanced menu
v5.0.2.7-th2: Added "wipe system/data/cache" option to main menu
v5.0.2.7-th1: Initial release

Source

https://bitbucket.org/drewwalton19216801/cwmrecovery-teamhydro

Special Thanks
drewwalton19216801
Koush
The CyanogenMod Team
All of Team Hydro
Cory Streater
Jerry Hildenbrand
AndroidCentral
Dooderbutt
Okotte Nakama
Team Utter Chaos
sblood86

Any issues should be reported to THIS THREAD and not the OS THREAD. But here is the link to the OS forum to check out development.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-cwmt-recovery-5-0-2-7-th7-t-touch.html

I will update when drew updates the recovery.

I dont do donations. If you want to donate donate to the developers.
All I ask is you hit the like and thanks button on here and on the OS thread.

PLEASE READ!!!!

Update....A little late as I don't have a PC and no longer using VM. As LeslieAnn stated in her radio update post DO NOT FLASH HER RADIO UPDATE WITH THIS RECOVERY. IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE. Sorry for not updating it sooner. Also if you use Jerry's ZV9 rooting method DO not use this recovery to flash the SU zip or it WILL brick your phone as mentioned in his post. Use his method of rooting then if you want to use touch recovery flash it after your phone is rooted.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick Tip. For thoes who are not familar with installing through terminal, I will give instructions here.

Please give thanks to all the devs and people that has given us these options and testing. I take no credit as I am only giving options of whats already been posted to flash our phones. If i forgot anyone please let me know so they can get the proper credit.

Thanks to LeslieAnn for her post on how to flash using terminal emmulator.

1. Download CWMTRecovery_5.0.2.7-th7_thunderc.img
2. Make sure it is on the root of your sdcard.
3. Rename the newly downloaded img to v.img
4. Open terminal of your choice.
5. Type su then hit enter
6. Type flash_image recovery /sdcard/v.img hit enter
7. Type reboot recovery then hit enter. Your phone will reboot into your new recovery.
8. Enjoy your new TOUCH recovery!!!

Option 2
Recovery flashable zip.

This flashable recovey zip style was made by mmarz a while ago.

Steps

1. Download recovery image in post one. Place on root of sdcard. Rename recovery to vrecovery.img
2. Downoad zip file in post 2. Place on root of sdcard. DO NOT unzip the zip file or rename it.
3. Boot into recovery.
4. Flash the Flash_vrecovery.zip
5. Select Reboot to Recovery.
Welcome to your new Touch Recovery!!!

Option 3
Flash Image GUI

Thanks to cammycool, pbailey212 and theexile1 for their combined information and download link.

Steps

1. Download recovery and place it on the root of your sdcard
2. Download Flash Image GUI and change the file extention from .zip to .apk and install http://www.mediafire.com/?bj10jcokraw7dh8 or renam and push to your phone throughADB
3. Open Falsh Image GUI and give root permissions.
4. Select Recovery Image.(There will be a green dot beside the recovery image option if selected)
5. Select Browse and browse and select the recovery image you downloaded in post one
6. Select Clear dalvik and clear cache (it will take a little bit to load after reboot)
7.Select Flash Image. Cick yes on the first pop up. Select Reboot on second popup. Phone will now reboot.
8.One phone is fully booted, reboot into recovery
Welcome to your new Touch Recovery!!!

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've used it now to make and restore a backup as well as flash an iho rom haven't tried mounting usb storage yet. Soon. Works good and I don't feel like I'm going to ware out my volume rocker

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've used it now to make and restore a backup as well as flash an iho rom haven't tried mounting usb storage yet. Soon. Works good and I don't feel like I'm going to ware out my volume rocker

I can verify that mounting sdcard in the recovery does work to transfer files from your PC. Just remember to reboot into recovery after you transfer your files. If not you may not see them on your sdcard.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
from what i read on my other post will the ov get touch recovery, that flashimagegui wont work. if you follow my instructions in the second post i dont foresee any problems using terminal. i will probably post a flash zip later with flashing instructions to make it noob friendly.

Redbaron2005

Jr. Android Developer
Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is very nice! I been looking for a new recovery since I lost interest in multi-boot recovery... and Now been looking for a recovery to format my SDCARD properly back to normal instead of EXT4. Thank you for this!

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This is very nice! I been looking for a new recovery since I lost interest in multi-boot recovery... and Now been looking for a recovery to format my SDCARD properly back to normal instead of EXT4. Thank you for this!

thank drewwalton19216801. all i did was test it on our phone out of sheer bordom and its easier for me to do what needs done in recovery. in theory i knew it would work on our phone. i came from an OS to an OV and know the hardware is the same.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
any diffrence from the real OS one that im on?

the exact same thing. Just drew gave me the go ahead to make a post on our forum until he officially supports our phones. Until then this is the unofficial thread . When he updates the OS forum I'll update new release over here.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I used flash image gui but had to rename the file recovery.img

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Flashimage GUI will only flash a recovery, if the word "recovery" is in it, its so you don accidentally flash the wrong thing and screw up your phone

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Flashimage GUI will only flash a recovery, if the word "recovery" is in it, its so you don accidentally flash the wrong thing and screw up your phone

when you get time could you post the steps on how to use that program? I know its an apk but never used it. That way I can add a third option to the second post. Of course you will get the credit for the directions. I would greatly appreciate it.

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
flash image gui is a usefull too for testing out recoverys its rely easy just start the app i found it on a post a while back the apps self explanitory but you have to rename the img to "1 recovery.img" not trying to steal anywones thunder but hope it helps:p