View Poll Results: Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

146 93.59%
  • NO

10 6.41%
11-04-2012 12:02 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    looks like this recovery not support link2sd nandroid backup either. am i right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Not sure. There's a link in the OP for the OS forum I'm sure the info your looking for is there.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    It's CWM v5.0.2.7 with a few modifications (primarily making it run on the Optimus S {and subsequently V}, and the adding of touch controls {there are some other things but I'm too lazy to list them}).

Point is if CWM v5.0.2.7 supports link2sd nandroid then yes; if not, then no.

Edit: I haven't checked myself but assuming it doesn't, do you know a recovery that does? I'm sure Drew or myself could look into merging such functionality.
    03-25-2012 09:01 PM
    Perhaps more important would be to discover why this version of CWM cannot flash radio images.
    glarepate likes this.
    03-25-2012 09:33 PM
    Perhaps more important would be to discover why this version of CWM cannot flash radio images.
    In the OP I copied from the OS forum it states radio flashing was disabled. Maybe that's why it bricks when flashing radio. If it sounds like I'm being a jerk I apologize lol.

03-25-2012 09:39 PM
    is there perhaps a version with radio flashing enabled?... :-)
    03-25-2012 10:24 PM
    is there perhaps a version with radio flashing enabled?... :-)
    good question. I'll look over on the OS forum and see if an older version has radio flashing and report back.

Edit duhhh me long night lol all I had to do is look at this OP since its copied from the OS thread lol.
    03-25-2012 10:26 PM
    Why worry about it.
    Flash a different recovery, flash the update then put this back.

It's not like we have a radio update every month.
    sblood86 likes this.
    03-26-2012 12:08 AM
    works great
    03-26-2012 01:16 AM
    It's CWM v5.0.2.7 with a few modifications (primarily making it run on the Optimus S {and subsequently V}, and the adding of touch controls {there are some other things but I'm too lazy to list them}).

Point is if CWM v5.0.2.7 supports link2sd nandroid then yes; if not, then no.

Edit: I haven't checked myself but assuming it doesn't, do you know a recovery that does? I'm sure Drew or myself could look into merging such functionality.
    I only tried VM670NH_recovery.img. It works fine.. When I switched to touch, and bricked my sd-ext.. I am noob.

03-26-2012 01:58 PM
    I only tried VM670NH_recovery.img. It works fine.. When I switched to touch, and bricked my sd-ext.. I am noob.

So I'm pretty sure that's Bob's recovery (someone correct me if I'm wrong), that should just be CWM based recovery same as the recovery found here; only difference is going to be the kernel I expect and possibly version. Anyway, point is I expect there are much differences, certainly nothing that should effect backup/restoring to sd-ext. Most if not all of the backup functionality is handled by platforms/bootable/recovery/nandroid.c which as you can tell from the commit log Drew has only made one change to this and I can't imagine how it would effect the sd-ext backup (at least not in a way that would cause it to fail to restore), I could of course be wrong.
    Someone wanna check the version number in Bob's recovery that way I might be able to get a better idea of possible changes made to nandroid.c

In regards to the disabling flashing of the radio; it was to my understanding that flashing a radio image could cause serious issues (when using custom recovery); having said that if someone has successfully flashed a radio image from a non-stock (fully open source) recovery I would love to know about it, as this is something I was considering looking into anyway (Xionia does this to an extent if I recall but it's also a much older recovery version).

Edit:
    I expect there are much differences
    That should have of course been "aren't" but I think you all got my meaning
    00_wrath_00 and samlin168us like this.
    03-27-2012 02:23 AM
    06-06-2012 04:20 PM
    Didnt dre update the recovery? Its now th8

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-06-2012 04:36 PM
    Alright I give in. Here's a freshly compiled build of Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 for the LG Optimus V.

http://www.teamhydro.net/downloads/R...hunderc_vm.img

It's untested as I don't have an Optimus V but should work fine. Don't flash unless you are prepared for a potential brick.
    06-14-2012 04:22 PM
    The page just shows a bunch of symbols wont let me download

06-14-2012 04:46 PM
    Alright I give in. Here's a freshly compiled build of Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 for the LG Optimus V.

It's untested as I don't have an Optimus V but should work fine. Don't flash unless you are prepared for a potential brick.
    So many updates I can't keep tracking.

One time I got am error. What does it mean?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 04:49 PM
    The page just shows a bunch of symbols wont let me download

Known issue, nothing I can do about it right now. For now, use a REAL web browser on your computer.

So many updates I can't keep tracking.

One time I got am error. What does it mean?
    Click to view quoted image

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    It means exactly what it says; you ran out of memory. Reflash it until the error goes away.
    ThatGuyLurkin likes this.
    06-14-2012 05:43 PM
    - Post removed.
    06-14-2012 06:55 PM

NO WAY! I wanted that so bad! I'll test it out for you! Thanks!

Edit: Boots up just fine! I see the LG logo from the stock recovery that appears before it goes into recovery though. Not sure if that's related to this recovery or not.

Edit2: Ya, I just erased and reflashed again. I think it's somehow the recovery is getting the LG logo to appear. I don't get this with other custom recoveries..
    06-14-2012 10:33 PM
    NO WAY! I wanted that so bad! I'll test it out for you! Thanks!

Edit: Boots up just fine! I see the LG logo from the stock recovery that appears before it goes into recovery though. Not sure if that's related to this recovery or not.

Edit2: Ya, I just erased and reflashed again. I think it's somehow the recovery is getting the LG logo to appear. I don't get this with other custom recoveries..
    Can't offer any explanations for the LG logo.

As far as the recovery goes, I need everything tested before I can feel comfortable making an official release. ROM/kernel/theme flashes, nandroid backup/restore, the whole nine yards. Except for GooManager support which is apparently broken at this time.
    06-15-2012 03:28 AM
    Can't offer any explanations for the LG logo.

As far as the recovery goes, I need everything tested before I can feel comfortable making an official release. ROM/kernel/theme flashes, nandroid backup/restore, the whole nine yards. Except for GooManager support which is apparently broken at this time.
    I just installed it via terminal, and it installed just fine. As far as the LG Logo is concerned, I've always had it show up every time I turn on my phone, recovery or not?

I've had one issue so far with the recovery. I tried to do a nandroid backup, and it seemed to lockup trying to backup sd-ext. It just sat there doing nothing for about an hour before I gave up. It progressed fine up until then.

I havent tested restore of a nandroid yet though, or anything else. I will probably soon enough. I have to switch back to IHO(I keep a nandroid just for tethering ) to use tethering since it doesn't work in quattrimus yet. This will happen today, so I will report back this evening or tomorrow.
    06-15-2012 04:00 AM
    I havent tested restore of a nandroid yet though, or anything else. I will probably soon enough. I have to switch back to IHO(I keep a nandroid just for tethering ) to use tethering since it doesn't work in quattrimus yet. This will happen today, so I will report back this evening or tomorrow.
    why not just use easytetherpro?... no need to restore another rom just to tether... :-)
    06-15-2012 06:37 AM
    @drew--- thanks again for the recovery!... excellent work... have you ever played with the thought of including an option to choose color?...
    06-15-2012 06:47 AM
    @drew--- thanks again for the recovery!... excellent work... have you ever played with the thought of including an option to choose color?...
    Look in the "advanced" menu
    clodfelterac likes this.
    06-15-2012 08:33 AM
    Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 V
    --------------------------------------------

Works:
    touch screen controlls (including the fat finger friendly option you recently changed to be not so vertical)
    reboot system now
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe system, data, cache
    install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard
    backup and restore->backup
    advanced->Reboot Recovery
    advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
    advanced->Set UI Color
    power off

Untested:
    Everything else

+ I wanted to say that before you did the V build, I did backup and restore using the S build, on my V phone, and it worked great.

More testing coming. This post will be edited.
    06-15-2012 11:30 AM
    Going to do a little testing of my own here in a few minutes. I'll try to report back soon on how things go.

Thanks drewwalton19216801, I appreciate your effort in bringing us something different, especially since you've made it for a phone you don't even own.

While I'm at a physical keyboard, I've always wondered why there isn't more interest in developing recovery ROMs. I don't mean as much as OS ROM development, just more than there seems to be at the moment. I don't know, it's just seems really interesting to me, but maybe I'm part of a minority in that opinion.
    06-15-2012 08:53 PM
    Okay, so, flashed it in terminal, rebooted into recovery, looks nice! I initially mistook the touch buttons at the bottom for an ICS navigation bar, so I was trying to touch the items in the list of objects at the top, obviously with little success. So I took a second look at the touch buttons and realized my mistake. Works very nicely!

I've got nothing I want to flash at the moment, so I changed the GUI colors around a little, very nice! That's about all I tried really, but it worked perfectly! That's an option I've been hoping for since the first time I switched from Xionia to BobzHome's CWM.

I'll report back more as soon as I have a reason to test it.

By the way, it would be cool to be able to manually select the Hex value of the UI color (if that's what format it uses). Don't know if that's something you're interested in or have the time for, but I think it would be a nice feature. Don't get me wrong though, I'm perfectly stoked to have the options that we have with this recovery. It's many times more than we had previously.

Thanks again for your work!
    06-15-2012 09:13 PM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD