[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

• Total voters

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have updated the OP to state that this recovery should not be used with LeslieAnns radio update zip. I appologize for not updating it sooner. I am without a pc and no longer using VM and barely use my OV. Planning on ebaying my OV but will try to keep this recovery up to date untill drew starts an official OV thread.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
looks like this recovery not support link2sd nandroid backup either. am i right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Not sure. There's a link in the OP for the OS forum I'm sure the info your looking for is there.

It's CWM v5.0.2.7 with a few modifications (primarily making it run on the Optimus S {and subsequently V}, and the adding of touch controls {there are some other things but I'm too lazy to list them}).

Point is if CWM v5.0.2.7 supports link2sd nandroid then yes; if not, then no.

Edit: I haven't checked myself but assuming it doesn't, do you know a recovery that does? I'm sure Drew or myself could look into merging such functionality.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps more important would be to discover why this version of CWM cannot flash radio images.

In the OP I copied from the OS forum it states radio flashing was disabled. Maybe that's why it bricks when flashing radio. If it sounds like I'm being a jerk I apologize lol.

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
is there perhaps a version with radio flashing enabled?... :)

good question. I'll look over on the OS forum and see if an older version has radio flashing and report back.

Edit duhhh me long night lol all I had to do is look at this OP since its copied from the OS thread lol.

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It's CWM v5.0.2.7 with a few modifications (primarily making it run on the Optimus S {and subsequently V}, and the adding of touch controls {there are some other things but I'm too lazy to list them}).

Point is if CWM v5.0.2.7 supports link2sd nandroid then yes; if not, then no.

Edit: I haven't checked myself but assuming it doesn't, do you know a recovery that does? I'm sure Drew or myself could look into merging such functionality.

I only tried VM670NH_recovery.img. It works fine.. When I switched to touch, and bricked my sd-ext.. I am noob. :)

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I only tried VM670NH_recovery.img. It works fine.. When I switched to touch, and bricked my sd-ext.. I am noob. :)

So I'm pretty sure that's Bob's recovery (someone correct me if I'm wrong), that should just be CWM based recovery same as the recovery found here; only difference is going to be the kernel I expect and possibly version. Anyway, point is I expect there are much differences, certainly nothing that should effect backup/restoring to sd-ext. Most if not all of the backup functionality is handled by platforms/bootable/recovery/nandroid.c which as you can tell from the commit log Drew has only made one change to this and I can't imagine how it would effect the sd-ext backup (at least not in a way that would cause it to fail to restore), I could of course be wrong.
Someone wanna check the version number in Bob's recovery that way I might be able to get a better idea of possible changes made to nandroid.c

In regards to the disabling flashing of the radio; it was to my understanding that flashing a radio image could cause serious issues (when using custom recovery); having said that if someone has successfully flashed a radio image from a non-stock (fully open source) recovery I would love to know about it, as this is something I was considering looking into anyway (Xionia does this to an extent if I recall but it's also a much older recovery version).

Edit:
I expect there are much differences
That should have of course been "aren't" but I think you all got my meaning :D

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Alright I give in. Here's a freshly compiled build of Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 for the LG Optimus V.

http://www.teamhydro.net/downloads/Recovery/Cannibal-Open-Touch-v1.0.6_thunderc_vm.img

It's untested as I don't have an Optimus V but should work fine. Don't flash unless you are prepared for a potential brick.
So many updates I can't keep tracking.

One time I got am error. What does it mean?
4c62d649-5c5b-ecd0.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The page just shows a bunch of symbols wont let me download

Known issue, nothing I can do about it right now. For now, use a REAL web browser on your computer.

So many updates I can't keep tracking.

One time I got am error. What does it mean?
Click to view quoted image

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

It means exactly what it says; you ran out of memory. Reflash it until the error goes away.

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin