[RECOVERY] CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th7 (T is for TOUCH!) OV

Should we have official CWMT Recovery suppport?

• Total voters

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Alright I give in. Here's a freshly compiled build of Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 for the LG Optimus V.

http://www.teamhydro.net/downloads/Recovery/Cannibal-Open-Touch-v1.0.6_thunderc_vm.img

It's untested as I don't have an Optimus V but should work fine. Don't flash unless you are prepared for a potential brick.
NO WAY! I wanted that so bad! I'll test it out for you! :) Thanks!

Edit: Boots up just fine! I see the LG logo from the stock recovery that appears before it goes into recovery though. Not sure if that's related to this recovery or not.

Edit2: Ya, I just erased and reflashed again. I think it's somehow the recovery is getting the LG logo to appear. I don't get this with other custom recoveries..

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
NO WAY! I wanted that so bad! I'll test it out for you! :) Thanks!

Edit: Boots up just fine! I see the LG logo from the stock recovery that appears before it goes into recovery though. Not sure if that's related to this recovery or not.

Edit2: Ya, I just erased and reflashed again. I think it's somehow the recovery is getting the LG logo to appear. I don't get this with other custom recoveries..

Can't offer any explanations for the LG logo.

As far as the recovery goes, I need everything tested before I can feel comfortable making an official release. ROM/kernel/theme flashes, nandroid backup/restore, the whole nine yards. Except for GooManager support which is apparently broken at this time.

cooldudezach

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't offer any explanations for the LG logo.

As far as the recovery goes, I need everything tested before I can feel comfortable making an official release. ROM/kernel/theme flashes, nandroid backup/restore, the whole nine yards. Except for GooManager support which is apparently broken at this time.

I just installed it via terminal, and it installed just fine. As far as the LG Logo is concerned, I've always had it show up every time I turn on my phone, recovery or not?

I've had one issue so far with the recovery. I tried to do a nandroid backup, and it seemed to lockup trying to backup sd-ext. It just sat there doing nothing for about an hour before I gave up. It progressed fine up until then.

I havent tested restore of a nandroid yet though, or anything else. I will probably soon enough. I have to switch back to IHO(I keep a nandroid just for tethering :cool:) to use tethering since it doesn't work in quattrimus yet. This will happen today, so I will report back this evening or tomorrow.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I havent tested restore of a nandroid yet though, or anything else. I will probably soon enough. I have to switch back to IHO(I keep a nandroid just for tethering :cool:) to use tethering since it doesn't work in quattrimus yet. This will happen today, so I will report back this evening or tomorrow.

why not just use easytetherpro?... no need to restore another rom just to tether... :)

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.6 V
--------------------------------------------

Works:
touch screen controlls (including the fat finger friendly option you recently changed to be not so vertical)
reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe system, data, cache
install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard
backup and restore->backup
advanced->Reboot Recovery
advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
advanced->Set UI Color
power off

Untested:
Everything else

+ I wanted to say that before you did the V build, I did backup and restore using the S build, on my V phone, and it worked great.

More testing coming. This post will be edited.

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Going to do a little testing of my own here in a few minutes. I'll try to report back soon on how things go.

Thanks drewwalton19216801, I appreciate your effort in bringing us something different, especially since you've made it for a phone you don't even own.

While I'm at a physical keyboard, I've always wondered why there isn't more interest in developing recovery ROMs. I don't mean as much as OS ROM development, just more than there seems to be at the moment. I don't know, it's just seems really interesting to me, but maybe I'm part of a minority in that opinion.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so, flashed it in terminal, rebooted into recovery, looks nice! I initially mistook the touch buttons at the bottom for an ICS navigation bar, so I was trying to touch the items in the list of objects at the top, obviously with little success. So I took a second look at the touch buttons and realized my mistake. Works very nicely!

I've got nothing I want to flash at the moment, so I changed the GUI colors around a little, very nice! That's about all I tried really, but it worked perfectly! That's an option I've been hoping for since the first time I switched from Xionia to BobzHome's CWM.

I'll report back more as soon as I have a reason to test it.

By the way, it would be cool to be able to manually select the Hex value of the UI color (if that's what format it uses). Don't know if that's something you're interested in or have the time for, but I think it would be a nice feature. Don't get me wrong though, I'm perfectly stoked to have the options that we have with this recovery. It's many times more than we had previously.

Thanks again for your work!

llamadon

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Flashed tdms newest nightly with no problems. I did have to turn off signature verification.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey Drew I was wounding if you ca help me with something. I would like to add "fix recovery bootloop" option for CWM-Blue Recovery, can you point me in the right direction as to where to add the code.

Having your CWMT Recovery and my CWM-Blue Recovery with that option means that we can move pass the dated Xionia Recovery.

birdgofly

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This is probably a dumb question, but my phone died and refuses to start back up or even pretend to look like its charging, but I've finally gotten it to boot into recovery (I had to utilize my feet in order to do this) so my question is; will my phone charge in recovery? Cause I really need it to. Or I need to figure out what my warranty covers and what time my best buy closes tonight.. Thanks!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey Drew I was wounding if you ca help me with something. I would like to add "fix recovery bootloop" option for CWM-Blue Recovery, can you point me in the right direction as to where to add the code.

Having your CWMT Recovery and my CWM-Blue Recovery with that option means that we can move pass the dated Xionia Recovery.

Should have posted this in the Cannibal Open Touch thread, as CWMT is now obsolete.

Anywho, there's a specific commit that added that. Might want to check the commit log for Cannibal Open Touch ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig