[REQUEST HELP] Flashing a recovery

.psd

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been hacking my Evo 4g for about a year and a half now. I bought an OV about a week ago, and have rooted it.

The problem I've encountered is that threads for the OV seem confusing in comparison to the threads for the Evo 4g. Specifically for this issue, I can't figure out how to install the latest CWM, and whether it's even compatible with the latest build from Jerry.

So I'm wondering
• Where do I find the newest CWM recovery compatible with the "new" OV + Jerry's newest build?
• Given the "new" OV + Jerry's latest build, what is the correct process to install said recovery?
• How do I boot into recovery with this phone? On the evo 4g, you just held volume+power to get to the bootloader, and choose recovery.
• Also, what is the latest gapps for said ROM? I got the august 28 gingerbread gapps. Should I be using the newest ICS gapps? Do they even fit on this phone?

primalist

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Bobzhome's recovery:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vzc5k8taj9smmll

Directions for flashing recovery using a terminal emulator:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=856361

If you don't like using terminal, you can use flash image GUI found on the market. Just copy the recovery to your sd card and run the app. Select "recovery" option and your recovery.img and then flash.

To boot into recovery, from powered off state, hold volume down + home + power until the LG logo appears.

Welcome to the OV, by the way.

Also, never user ROM Manager with the OV.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: .psd

.psd

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, but that returns the error:

flash_image: not found

I have root explorer if that can make things easier...

primalist

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Flash image GUI apk:

www.mediafire.com/?bj10jcokraw7dh8

This'll be easier. To use terminal, you need to have flash image on your phone.. You can download it and put it on your sd card before using terminal, but the link I just gave is a one step process pretty much. Install that apk and then use it like described in the post above:
Just copy the recovery to your sd card and run the app. Select "recovery" option and your recovery.img and then flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: .psd

.psd

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I found that earlier and I should have gone with it.

Recovery is working fine. Thanks again. I will try to flash Jerry's 2-29 build and hopefully post back that everything is working great.

Again though, should I be using the latest GB gapps (8.28) or the newest ICS gapps? Will the newest ICS gapps even fit on the OV?

primalist

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The gapps for the latest IHO roms are already included in the roms, so no need to flash them. It's pretty convenient.

Edit: This is not entirely true.. Lol

Last edited:

.psd

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Alright got it all ironed out! Thanks for your help man, much appreciated and I hit the thanks button a few times for your efforts ;)

Reactions: primalist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos