After installing the ROM, secured wifi worked fine. Naturally I turned wifi off when I was done. I go to connect again and it fails once or twice before either:
    A) settling on "disconnected" and my saved connection says "disconnected" also
    B) settling on "scanning" and my saved connection says "disabled"

There is no trouble finding connections, and no trouble connecting to unsecured networks. Forgetting the network and trying again doesn't help. This appears to be a common problem in IHO since february, based on some simple searching around. It seems the issue has been overlooked.

Several people were able to get it working by doing completely random things, but none of the solutions seemed reproduceable.

I'd like to resolve this and get on my way, otherwise the overall aim is to get the newest cyanogenmod that works on the "new screen" OV.
    03-02-2012 07:45 PM
    Check your rom zip's MD5.
    Do a full wipe (everything but sdcard)
    Reflash and report back if it persists.

If it persists I'm sure Jerry will want a logcat.
    03-02-2012 08:04 PM
    I get these too, but, make sure you passcode is typed in correctly, or maybe even change the Wifi type.
    03-02-2012 08:12 PM
    I'd rather do a logcat than re-flash and start all over. It takes like 2 hours straight to get everything set up.

Again, I wiped everything twice before flashing, and there were no problems connecting originally. The problem started after I turned wifi off, and later turned it on. Wifi works, but it won't connect to secured connections. Unsecured connections work fine.
    03-02-2012 08:37 PM
    Strange, I just tested using wpa-psk and had no issues, connected right away.

What type of router are you using (please don't say Belkin)?
    03-02-2012 09:07 PM
    I have the same issue, I use a netgear that I flashed dd-wrt on. I can work around the issue by long pressing the connections name, selecting modify, then re-entering the passkey. Not sure why it works but it does.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 09:41 PM
    I have also had the same issue and the only way I could fixit was a complete wipe and flash

Sent by smoke signals
    03-02-2012 09:48 PM
    It's a belkin router......hah just joking. The main one is a netgear, and I have a feeling the other is a linksys but I don't get to actually see it. The third is the unsecured network and I also am unable to see it physically.

mustafu I tried that it didn't work

I guess I'm gonna wipe and reflash. Any tips for bobzhome CWM? First I'll try to fix permissions, post back, and reflash pretty soon.
    03-02-2012 10:43 PM
    You guys will never believe this.

So I bring my home PC over to this place to try and connect. Even the computer doesn't connect! My evo 4g also wouldn't connect!

I simply unplugged and plugged in the router, let it boot up or whatever, and sure enough everything connects to it no problems.

Fine, problem solved, awesome. But that doesn't explain why it also wouldn't connect to secured connection #2, which it will connect to now even though that router was never unplugged/replugged. Not that it's relevant to this thread, but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks everyone! It's a pleasure to be here.
    03-02-2012 11:14 PM
    Maybe it had to be Power Cycled? Or overheated caused it to short circuit? :P
    03-02-2012 11:15 PM
    My router is like that. For some reason torrenting does it. So after downloading the latest ISO for Ubuntu I reboot the router too.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-03-2012 01:23 AM
    So I bring my home PC over to this place to try and connect. Even the computer doesn't connect! My evo 4g also wouldn't connect!
    I simply unplugged and plugged in the router, let it boot up or whatever, and sure enough everything connects to it no problems.
    Fine, problem solved, awesome. But that doesn't explain why it also wouldn't connect to secured connection #2, which it will connect to now even though that router was never unplugged/replugged. Not that it's relevant to this thread, but interesting nonetheless.
    My router will refuse to connect the other computer in the house on wifi. Rebootin the router fixes it everytime.

I have a sneaking suspicion the second router might be a repeater to the main router. Ive actually seen that here in my neighborhood. A year ago three houses shared the same internet connection via repeaters until the cable co figured it out. They were causing peoples wifi to freak out.

One more thing are you using juicedefender or green power?
    Both of those apps would kill wifi for me. After a while of being idle my wifi would refuse to connect and at times show up as out of range.
    03-03-2012 04:19 AM
    Nope, not using either of those apps...
    03-03-2012 02:36 PM
    ive run into a few locations where the wireless wont connect. They are all unsecured connections and i know one of them is a Belkin
    03-03-2012 09:32 PM
    I have problems ocassionally with some routers using WPA, especially the Verizon Fios Modem/Router which never works if it's configured for WPA, sometimes not even for it's stock WEP config.

I think simply some routers don't like to play nice with the Optimus V. However I do have a Belkin router at home, using WPA and I never have an issue. (Hell, I get reception a 1/2 a block away, in NYC)
    03-04-2012 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD