Through the past several months of developing the BACKside-IHO ROM, I have been approached several times about donations to help support the work of maintaining the project. I have always deflected any such offers to other people such as Blarf who started the IHO project to begin with.

As of today, I am making a new request. Anyone who would like to support BACKside-IHO with donations, please send them to the charity of your choosing with an earmark for helping those in the midwest storm path.

For anyone living under a rock, there have been a series of violent storms this week in the midwest, affecting several states. At least a dozen deaths reported, and countless homes and businesses destroyed.
    Yahoo slide show of storm destruction

Please send any donation you had been considering to give to BACKside-IHO to charities which can best help those in need!
    03-03-2012 01:01 AM
    That's very cool. I was involved in one of the Texas Wild fires and the donations can go a long way. Not only for the Red Cross shelters and food supplies but also to people having emotional and psychological issues, kids needing school supplies, animals hurt and or lost, Not to over look the care of the emergency crews.
    I think it's great that you posted this.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-03-2012 01:58 AM
    May 22 of last year I lost everything in one of the worst tornados on record If it wasnt for all the four states charities I wouldn't have had fresh clothes or something to eat the day after or the weeks that came. I hope everyone makes it thru another year and everyone helps everyone out!

Sent by smoke signals
    dewmik and JerryScript like this.
    03-03-2012 02:17 AM
    Thanks Jerry. Ive been lucky and not sustained any damage. I cant say the same for the other here in Branson. Driving through what they call the strip it looks terrible. I told LeslieAnn I grew up in Oklahoma and rode out some pretty bad twisters. Friends and family homes and property affected by them. Every little bit helps.
    dewmik and JerryScript like this.
    03-03-2012 02:58 AM
    I made it through several twisters when I was living in Kansas and attending KU, luckily with no damage to my family or it's possesions. To me, they are one of the worst forms of disaster. They can come without much if any warning, and they are utterly devastating even in cases where there is no loss of life or injuries. One thing our technology can do is warn us about them, and science gets a little better each year. One thing that nothing can change is the devastation they leave behind.

The worst part about these storms is the randomness. A tornado (or wind storm) can destroy one side of a street, and barely break a window in the houses on the other side. It can gobble up an entire town, and leave a single house untouched.

But the one thing you can always count on right after a tornado strikes is that everyone in the community comes out to try to help, be it by searching for survivors, fighting storm caused fires, helping the injured, or just offering emotional support to those who just lost everything. I humbly ask that everyone here thinks of themselves as a part of these affected communities and help out in whatever way they can.
    03-03-2012 03:32 AM
    where I live we never get tornados, but I lived in South Carolina for a year and in that time we had 2 tornados and a hurricane come through. It gives you a whole new respect for weather, and gave me a whole new respect for living in one of calmest places (weather wise) in the country. That's awesome that you posted this Jerry, seeing everyone's lives scattered across whole neighborhoods is an eye opener and these people can use all the help they can get I'm sure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Eollie likes this.
    03-03-2012 09:39 AM
    Its good to see that people still care about others. Im only 14 but I work all the time, so I might shoot a donation as long as its paypal. Where would i donate to.
    03-03-2012 12:31 PM
    I live in Kentucky, and we were part of the eye of that tornado. What happened wasn't as expected, and the storm slowed down dramatically before it came to us, but I couldn't even imagine how these people felt. My aunt drove down to Henryville to help the cleanup and what not, and I'm sure that my family will donate soon enough. Great job Jerry! This is REALLY kind
    Eollie and sellers86 like this.
    03-03-2012 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD