rom manager

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty new to this and had seen not to use rom manager. I currently do because it's simple. I have Clockwork so if somebody could tell me exactly what to wipe from recovery I would gladly stop using rom manager

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Say away from ROM Manager, it is not fully compatible with the V; and that link posted by dwappo works. ROM Manager's recovery is a false flash anyways.

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i appreciate the help. I actually already have Clockwork recovery installed. Just want to make sure what to wipe before flashing a rom. Which cashe and such?

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
It is so obvious that new users do not even try to read the forum before they even flash there phone... How is it that people are still trying Rom Manager?

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well sorry to say that people like you are why people say bad things about forums. I plainly said that I am trying not to use rom manager and clearly asked for help so as to not break my phone. If all you have time to do is pick on people or critisize them, then move along. You were new once too

Reactions: CuriousNoob

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It is so obvious that new users do not even try to read the forum before they even flash there phone... How is it that people are still trying Rom Manager?

It you are using the recovery that ROM Manager flashes to the phone, then you are going to have problems. Flash a different one and uninstall ROM Manager.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well sorry to say that people like you are why people say bad things about forums. I plainly said that I am trying not to use rom manager and clearly asked for help so as to not break my phone. If all you have time to do is pick on people or critisize them, then move along. You were new once too

They are yelling at you because the first person gave you a link that clearly explains what to do, giving the proper recovery to flash, and telling you exactly how to flash it, yet you still said you already had a recovery and wanted to use it. What they are all trying to tell you is to stay away from ROM manager because the clockworkmod recovery that it flashes does not work. It WILL mess up your phone. So follow that link and you can be well on your way to the happy world of flashing. These people ARE trying to help you, they are just sick of helping people fix their messed up phones that ROM manager broke. We get a lot of them around here. As of yet, you haven't broken your phone, so just keep reading before you do anything and stay away from ROM manager and you'll be safe.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
And I appreciate all efforts to help but I got the clock work recovery before I even installed rom manager. At least I'm not one who ruined their phone first and asked for help after

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
And I appreciate all efforts to help but I got the clock work recovery before I even installed rom manager. At least I'm not one who ruined their phone first and asked for help after

Ah, I see now, you got the phone used? Just follow that link in the 1st post.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Shady24

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've had rom manager installed since I got my phone and have not had any problems. I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything but dont jump down someone's throat when there's no need. I understand there are reasons not to use rom manager but its not like its the end of the world or anything if you do use it, you just run more of a risk of ending up with a brick. P.s. I'm currently updating to the new touch recovery. :)

Btw, there's way to many people on these forums with bad attitudes. :pp

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've had rom manager installed since I got my phone and have not had any problems. I'm not saying you guys are wrong or anything but dont jump down someone's throat when there's no need. I understand there are reasons not to use rom manager but its not like its the end of the world or anything if you do use it, you just run more of a risk of ending up with a brick. P.s. I'm currently updating to the new touch recovery. :)

Btw, there's way to many people on these forums with bad attitudes. :pp

With Rom Manager, it is the end of the world for the devs. All you have to do is read, I mean the threads to root/install recovery/flash rom's are right at the top of this forum part. There's no need to even go through the hassle of Rom manager if you just read the threads instead of making it seem like a easy 15 min thing to do. I'll say reading all the material, maybe a hour to get everything done. and its all there, black and white, clear as crystal

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Spend 6 hours helping someone with zero technical knowledge attempt to fix their Optimus V after semi-bricking it with ROM Manager. Then do it again, then again, then again....

ROM Manager supports so many devices, and many of them have multiple ROMs available, so the dev cannot check each one (not to mention he would have to have each phone in order to test). Any individual can put a ROM or recovery version on ROM Manager, and there is no method to insure it is their's to post, or that it's actually a ROM and not something else entirely. And if the dev has put something wrong in the manifest, and then for whatever reason becomes out of touch or unresponsive (the aospbot fiasco), the manifest remains borked, and the unknowing continue to use it's bad downloads, potentially semi-bricking their phones.

Get the picture?

Last edited:

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's ok :D just don't do it again, or when you do fix it the Devs will break your phone so it wont happen again. xD.

celestelugo0

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
{{Re: Shady24}}

With Rom Manager, it is the end of the world for the devs. All you have to do is read, I mean the threads to root/install recovery/flash rom's are right at the top of this forum part. There's no need to even go through the hassle of Rom manager if you just read the threads instead of making it seem like a easy 15 min thing to do. I'll say reading all the material, maybe a hour to get everything done. and its all there, black and white, clear as crystal

Ok, so maybe I was smoking alil to much earlier when I wrote this. I only used rom manager to install cwm recovery, although i have not removed the app yet. I've always got my downloads from here or somewhere the devs posted it. When I first got my phone and found out about all the cool stuff that could be done i extensively looked into it. I did the necessary research so i had to ask as little questions as possible and was able to do it myself, and look im still here! :) .

I also think people need to understand that they were new at this once too and there will be noobs asking questions but before you get frustrated and jump all over them, remember that was you. Help dont criticize.

Spend 6 hours helping someone with zero technical knowledge attempt to fix their Optimus V after semi-bricking it with ROM Manager. Then do it again, then again, then again....

ROM Manager supports so many devices, and many of them have multiple ROMs available, so the dev cannot check each one (not to mention he would have to have each phone in order to test). Any individual can put a ROM or recovery version on ROM Manager, and there is no method to insure it is their's to post, or that it's actually a ROM and not something else entirely. And if the dev has put something wrong in the manifest, and then for whatever reason becomes out of touch or unresponsive (the aospbot fiasco), the manifest remains borked, and the unknowing continue to use it's bad downloads, potentially semi-bricking their phones.

Get the picture?

Jerry, I completely understand where your coming from, that had to be a huge pain in the butt. I appreciate your input and and thank you for your reply. I did not know the factors in play and why exactly everyone says not to use rom manager, all i can say is ive never had a problem with it. Now, i'm sure your aware, peoples stupidity is not your responsibility and if after all the devs have publicy stated not to use rom manager and people still do then that dont fall on you, its a bit more of a personal problem. Maybe it would be a real good idea to sticky a thread specifically about it?

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site
using rom manager and dont had problem yet. that is lucky... i was brick my recovery twice before i read that warning. spend hours to fixed.:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae