08-30-2013 04:27 PM
35 12
tools
    Phone froze earlier. Screen would turn on and off with animation, but would not DO ANYTHING with buttons or touching, and always opened straight to the home screen never the lockscreen. Could be my OC, will find out in time, but if this is a known issue feel free to talk about that.

More importantly, when I plug into my computer (64bit win7) there is no disk drive prompt or notification option, nor can I find the setting in the settings...

And finally, I will find out probably through searching anyways, but it won't hurt to ask ahead of time: does this ROM do MMS?
    03-03-2012 02:47 PM
    No offense, but I would recommend posting all these issues (you seem to be posting a lot) in the IHO thread. The devs tend to check there very often, and can help you when it is needed.
    03-03-2012 02:50 PM
    Did you do a full wipe before flashing?
    03-03-2012 04:18 PM
    Ya I did a full wipe.

Another issue: weirdly transparent status bar. On the home screen, you can see the background through the status bar, but its very light colored like you're looking through a semi-transparent bright status bar. But it's not just transparent, it's very weirdly transparent. So when I open the browser, it turns completely white and you can't see the time or anything white in the status bar, but whenever I hold the home button to bring up recent apps and the background fades, the status bar will fade to a less transparent grayish color....

Also, the phone just froze again a few minutes ago. Didn't know it was frozen for 45 minutes and missed a few calls... Had to pull battery and reboot.
    03-03-2012 11:47 PM
    ??? This just sounds weird. You may want to backup and re-flash because that shouldn't happen. Also are you overclocked?
    03-03-2012 11:52 PM
    For the transparent status bar
    Go to settings
    Then Cyangenmod setting
    Then interface setting
    Then status bar setting
    Then where it says status bar backround click on and choose ROM
    Then reboot
    .psd likes this.
    03-03-2012 11:56 PM
    Lol thanks arnold!!

Also, is it a "feature" of the phone or a problem with this ROM that call volume is ridiculously loud so that people across my living room can hear the person on the other line even at minimum volume. I recall the call volume being pretty loud when the phone was still stock, does everyone else experience this?

EDIT: Ya dwappo the phone is OC'd, I was gonna run it that way for a few days... I took the max to 825, left the min alone at 245. Every time the phone has frozen seems to be while its just chilling, like some point after I turn the screen off.
    03-04-2012 12:12 AM
    While yo are talking with somone on the phon press the volume down key until it gets quieter lol the rom has it loud as default
    03-04-2012 12:23 AM
    And the USB disk drive mode not existing whatsoever.......is there a fix for that?

I'm searching around and googling in addition to asking, just hoping someone can post a solution if I don't happen to find one in the meantime.
    03-04-2012 12:38 AM
    Lol it does seem like a problem.....
    03-04-2012 12:39 AM
    I have the usb problem to. Maybe try pulling the usb storage apk from quattrimus and install it?
    03-04-2012 12:43 AM
    SOLVED THE USB ISSUE:

LG Optimus V Driver Download - LG Cell Phones Blog <--- blog about solution

http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/...-Optimus-V.zip <--- actual driver files

Install (all 3?) drivers before plugging phone in.
    03-04-2012 12:59 AM
    More importantly, when I plug into my computer (64bit win7) there is no disk drive prompt or notification option, nor can I find the setting in the settings...
    So when when u plug the phone to computer there is no notification on the phone itself?

**EDIT** a little late
    Also just try with just one if it still dont work try al three i guess
    03-04-2012 01:01 AM
    Not a bad idea, I've just clearly ran into every problem in the book and I didn't want to take any chances haha.

Any solution to the insanely loud volume would be amazing
    03-04-2012 01:09 AM
    Ive tried to google the volume problem but no answer

Did u fix the USB problem?
    03-04-2012 01:21 AM
    Arnold, yes the USB solution is in my post a few posts ago, here.

AND VOLUME PROBLEM SOLVED:

During a call, turn the volume all the way up, then all the way down. Problem should be solved for the current call and all calls thereafter!!

Sprint Community: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update <-- volume solution
    03-04-2012 01:24 AM
    Thats good!
    Were there other issues with bobzhomes rom?
    03-04-2012 01:27 AM
    Bob's rom just isn't updated as much as the others.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-04-2012 01:31 AM
    Thanks
    Only issues I know of are the ones I brought up in this "known issues" thread:

Transparent status bar [SOLVED IN THIS THREAD]
    Loud call volume [SOLVED IN THIS THREAD]
    Froze twice in two days (maybe because of OC'ing) [UNRESOLVED, NOT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO UN-OC UNTIL A FEW DAYS]
    No USB disk drive mode OOTB [SOLVED IN THIS THREAD]
    03-04-2012 01:33 AM
    OK so for the record, I just tried USB disk drive on another computer, installing the 3 drivers one by one, starting with the diskdrive driver, then the one right above it, then the one in the parent folder (after you unzip it all, naturally).

Conclusion: you need all 3 drivers for disk drive mode to even become an option.
    03-04-2012 02:15 AM
    Yes. Need USB driver needed for IHO since its Gingerbread and not Froyo. Freezing comes from ICS rotarions, Bob's rom isn't up to date, therefore it doesn't have the necessary fixes.

03-04-2012 02:21 AM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

3-3-12:

1. sync'd up with CM: now at CM 7.2.0 RC1(was Release Candidate 0)
    2. Since last build there has been many small fixes to ICS transitions

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done. Special thanks to Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
    Bob
    03-04-2012 10:38 AM
    Hahahahaha of course I'm gonna want this.....and the adventure starts again......

03-04-2012 11:45 AM
    Sweeeeet, I'm switching over.

03-04-2012 12:19 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD