I'm getting my Optimus V in the mail, in three days and my son is going to root ( what ever that means ) the phone for me, and told me I need to become a member of OV forum.

Any tricks, tips and things I should know?
    03-03-2012 02:18 PM
    I'm getting my Optimus V in the mail, in three days and my son is going to root ( what ever that means ) the phone for me, and told me I need to become a member of OV forum.

Any tricks, tips and things I should know?
    Welcome to the community! I suggest you stick with IHO roms for now if you want stability and full functionality. As for recovery, I would suggest Bob's recovery. If you ever get confused, feel free to ask for help, we're all happy to help each other out.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 via Tapatalk
    03-03-2012 02:27 PM
    Well first welcome to the community. Second start looking through the stickys at the top of this forum and whatever you do DONT USE ROM MANAGER.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-03-2012 02:30 PM
    Exactly what he said.

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER

And not only IHO, try Harmonia 1.7 as well. Cyanogenmod isn't for 'every'body.

By that I mean, some people don't understand the settings, and differences.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-03-2012 02:54 PM
    ROM Manager can and will **** your phone. Do not use it. Refer to this lovely guide that LeslieAnn had made for both the old and the new Optimus Vs (Commonly known as OV)
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html

Read and follow the guide word for word, and you have a rooted LG Optimus V

Welcome to the community.
    03-03-2012 04:58 PM
    Welcome aboard! Once you go Android you don't go back, especially if you root. I'm impressed you are taking the plunge right from the get go! Kudos.

Ditto on what has been said, people are always very helpful on these boards.

also, it cannot be said enough, DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER
    03-03-2012 07:07 PM
    High mom

One of the reason for becoming I member to this great community forum is there are smart people here that can help, they sure helped me.
    03-04-2012 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD