06-02-2012 01:00 PM
325 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Remove _INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ from your global cflags in BoardConfig.mk.
    I don't have INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL in my device/lge/thunderc/BoardConfig,mk
    03-29-2012 08:47 AM
    So I figured out why CNA was throwing me those errors. There wasn't even a lzo folder in external! How have they been building this whole time? Lol
    03-29-2012 07:09 PM
    I know this is a dev thread but I wanted to throw this out here. Has anyone followed any of these dev's work?
    FranciscoFranco github xda homepage
    Imoseyon github xda homepage
    LordClockan github xda

These are kernel devs with threads of over 1 million views each- tweaking for performance. One has Facebook page just for his kernel. Just wondering what all the fuss might be about.

Franco has an LG P500 kernel he'd worked on which is very similar to our phone. Didn't know if there were any tricks that we'd benefit from.
    03-29-2012 07:31 PM
    Looked at this closer today. It looks to be a clever hack for backward compatibility. But it relies on _INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ only being set internally, not globally. For some reason the BoardConfig.mk that I snagged from lupohirp has this set as a global cflag and that's what is causing the issue. So here's the real fix, in my device/lge/thunderc/BoardConfig.mk:

Code:
    -COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -D_INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_ -DUSE_LGE_ALS_DUMMY
    +COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DUSE_LGE_ALS_DUMMY
    I remember now, the reason I didn't have '_INTERNAL_BINDER_PARCEL_' in boardconfig.mk file is because I got a different error for which thekraven suggested to use your fix. Thats when I changed the - line to + by removing that. So, the last error came despite that edit. Ideas?
    03-29-2012 08:09 PM
    Now I'm getting this: Click to view quoted image

Its making me feel like a noob.....
    (Sorry if my posting screenshots of errors gets annoying. I'm not smart enough to fix them easily)
    Sorry to be a total noob but are you guys doing this from your guys phone? If so wat app is it? Is it just terminal emulator?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-29-2012 08:32 PM
    Sorry to be a total noob but are you guys doing this from your guys phone? If so wat app is it? Is it just terminal emulator?

Leslies build server. You can use an app.
    03-29-2012 08:36 PM

Oh no, it would take weeks to compile on a phone and it's not supported anyway. But I think at least one person is connecting to the build server with Android. I'd guess connectbot on a tablet but who knows.
    arnold1997 likes this.
    03-29-2012 08:40 PM
    Just ran into a "different" error today.
    Code:
    gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/CNA$ make -j4 CNA_RELEASE=true
    ============================================
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=4.0.3
    TARGET_PRODUCT=cna_thunderc
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp
    HOST_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=IML74K
    ============================================
    build/core/base_rules.mk:78: *** Module name: busybox
    build/core/base_rules.mk:79: *** Makefile location: external/busybox
    build/core/base_rules.mk:80: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:81: * Each module must use a LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS in its
    build/core/base_rules.mk:82: * Android.mk. Possible tags declared by a module:
    build/core/base_rules.mk:83: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:84: *     optional, debug, eng, tests, samples
    build/core/base_rules.mk:85: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:86: * If the module is expected to be in all builds
    build/core/base_rules.mk:87: * of a product, then it should use the
    build/core/base_rules.mk:88: * "optional" tag: 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:89: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:90: *    Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the
    build/core/base_rules.mk:91: *    Android.mk for the affected module, and add
    build/core/base_rules.mk:92: *    the LOCAL_MODULE value for that component
    build/core/base_rules.mk:93: *    into the PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of product
    build/core/base_rules.mk:94: *    makefile(s) where it's necessary, if
    build/core/base_rules.mk:95: *    appropriate.
    build/core/base_rules.mk:96: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:97: * If the component should be in EVERY build of ALL
    build/core/base_rules.mk:98: * products, then add its LOCAL_MODULE value to the
    build/core/base_rules.mk:99: * PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of
    build/core/base_rules.mk:100: * build/target/product/core.mk
    build/core/base_rules.mk:101: * 
    build/core/base_rules.mk:102: *** user tag detected on new module - user tags are only supported on legacy modules.  Stop.
    gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/CNA$
    03-29-2012 08:46 PM
    Oh no, it would take weeks to compile on a phone and it's not supported anyway. But I think at least one person is connecting to the build server with Android. I'd guess connectbot on a tablet but who knows.
    Oh lol ok thanx for a second i thought WHOAH! Lol

03-29-2012 08:47 PM
    I do it from my phone with connectbot and it runs fine. Just hard to fix errors

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    arnold1997 likes this.
    03-29-2012 09:00 PM

There are two computers in this house hooked up to the one TV. The littler kids like to kick me off and watch smosh on YouTube for hours. So I use connectbot on my phone for SSH. I wish I had a login on the build server....
    arnold1997 likes this.
    03-29-2012 09:14 PM
    There are two computers in this house hooked up to the one TV. The littler kids like to kick me off and watch smosh on YouTube for hours. So I use connectbot on my phone for SSH. I wish I had a login on the build server....
    Pm leslieann. I'm sure there are more spots open

03-29-2012 10:48 PM
    I think Better Terminal Emulator does SSH also, but it's a paid app.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-29-2012 11:31 PM
    I think Better Terminal Emulator does SSH also, but it's a paid app.

Connectbot is free. It works fine for me when I'm at work and get bored

flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    03-30-2012 09:08 AM
    Good to know about ConnectBot, thanks. I've never done anything with SSH before, but I picked up Better Terminal Emulator Pro one time when it was on sale, and I remember seeing that it could do that. Nice to know the array of options though.

03-30-2012 11:17 AM
    delete. answer found a few pages back.
    03-30-2012 09:44 PM
    Do the git revert that tvall and tdm posted earlier.
    03-30-2012 09:51 PM
    Do the git revert that tvall and tdm posted earlier.
    yeah i just found it and was about to edit the post
    03-30-2012 10:03 PM
    Anyone getting this error?

make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/gps.thunderc_intermediates/loc_eng.o] Error 1
    03-31-2012 12:47 PM
    You can use Terminal Emulator, ssh usrnme@1.1.1.1/port I connect via optimus v when I stay the night at a hotel.
    03-31-2012 03:47 PM
    I dont know if it is my internet or somthing but i cant use even sync it in. doesnt seem to give any errors just hangs in places, its different when i try i was trying from bobs repo but it got stuck on cm prebuilds or something like that.
    04-01-2012 10:27 PM
    Well, repo sync is actually a crutch, you can git clone each repository manually, but it would take a long time. The advantage of repo sync is speed and ease of use.
    04-01-2012 10:43 PM
    il try again when nobodys home to steal up the limited bandwidth .
    but if i dont figure it out ill just try some other things to pass some time.
    04-01-2012 10:49 PM
    Well, repo sync is actually a crutch, you can git clone each repository manually, but it would take a long time. The advantage of repo sync is speed and ease of use.
    Any idea whats up with my error a couple posts up? Even with a fresh sync after doing tvalls git revert to get rid of IOMX.o error I still get it. Ive figured out that most of the out errors are fixed by modifying the BoardConfig.mk but I cant get this one fixed.
    04-01-2012 10:50 PM
    You won't believe this. The same error I used to get before I re-installed Ubuntu. I have Sun JDK btw & 8gb swap
    I have no clue which memory is running short.

Code:
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags
    target Java: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes)
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    host Prebuilt: jarjar (out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/javalib.jar)
    Install: out/host/linux-x86/framework/jarjar.jar
    JarJar: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
    target Dex: bouncycastle
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.dex
    target Jar: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/javalib.jar)
     'out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
    target Java: framework (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes)
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
    target Dex: framework

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    	at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:554)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:135)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:112)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MemberIdItem.addContents(MemberIdItem.java:56)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MethodIdItem.addContents(MethodIdItem.java:43)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.UniformItemSection.prepare0(UniformItemSection.java:76)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.Section.prepare(Section.java:214)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex0(DexFile.java:506)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex(DexFile.java:216)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.writeDex(Main.java:574)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:218)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:174)
    	at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:95)
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 3
    vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$
    have u gotten a fix for this error? java gc?
    04-06-2012 05:12 AM
325 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD