06-02-2012 02:00 PM
325 1234 ...
tools
    On another hand- anybody getting this error?
    make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/recovery', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

A lot of these errors are easy to fix for me as long as it doesn't involve the out folder. But this one does, so I'm somewhat lost.. lol
    03-04-2012 07:17 PM
    On another hand- anybody getting this error?
    make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/recovery', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

A lot of these errors are easy to fix for me as long as it doesn't involve the out folder. But this one does, so I'm somewhat lost.. lol
    Haven't ran Ito that yet. But mine looks about the same only it says SHARED_LIBRARIES instead of EXECUTABLES
    03-04-2012 07:39 PM
    Here is the error im getting bob, or anyone that can help me out.

make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/pmemalloc.o] Error 1
    03-04-2012 11:09 PM
    Here is the error im getting bob, or anyone that can help me out.

make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/pmemalloc.o] Error 1
    In BoardConfig.mk, make sure to use BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE:=false

Bob
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-05-2012 04:57 AM
    Just FYI - If you sync with CM to begin, then pull in tdm's device and vendor folders, then pull in mikegapinski's webrtc fix and tdm's cm/tools fix, you'll have a working build, remove the terminal and ROM Manager packages.

Code:
    mkdir -p ics
    cd ics
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
    repo sync

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_device_lge_thunderc.git
    mkdir -p device/lge
    mv tdm_device_lge_thunderc device/lge/thunderc

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc.git
    mkdir -p vendor/lge
    mv tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc vendor/lge/thunderc

// edit vendor_thunderc.mk to remove the terminal and ROM Managaer packages

// manually add in mikegapinski's webrtc fix

// manually add in tdm's cm/tools fix

. build/envsetup.sh
    lunch 5
    make bacon
    From there, start to bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc more inline with IHO's, add CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from the triumph as well as tdm's MMS hack, change the apns-conf settings for mcc and mnc and crib in IHO's mms_conf file.

This will give you a working build with offline-charging (still a bit buggy), working MMS, and pretty much everything else except camera/video.

What's really needed atm is a kernel with a working xt_qtaguid module.
    03-05-2012 08:20 AM
    Just FYI - If you sync with CM to begin, then pull in tdm's device and vendor folders, then pull in mikegapinski's webrtc fix and tdm's cm/tools fix, you'll have a working build, remove the terminal and ROM Manager packages.

Code:
    mkdir -p ics
    cd ics
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
    repo sync

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_device_lge_thunderc.git
    mkdir -p device/lge
    mv tdm_device_lge_thunderc device/lge/thunderc

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc.git
    mkdir -p vendor/lge
    mv tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc vendor/lge/thunderc

// edit vendor_thunderc.mk to remove the terminal and ROM Managaer packages

// manually add in mikegapinski's webrtc fix

// manually add in tdm's cm/tools fix

. build/envsetup.sh
    lunch 5
    make bacon
    From there, start to bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc more inline with IHO's, add CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from the triumph as well as tdm's MMS hack, change the apns-conf settings for mcc and mnc and crib in IHO's mms_conf file.

This will give you a working build with offline-charging (still a bit buggy), working MMS, and pretty much everything else except camera/video.

What's really needed atm is a kernel with a working xt_qtaguid module.
    Alright. Ill do these things tonight. I might make a separate directory for syncing with cm
    03-05-2012 09:20 AM
    No need for a seperate directory, that's what branches are all about.

If you have a large enough harddrive, it's not a bad idea to keep separate trees, saves time when you make the inevitable mistakes that come with learning a new environment. And you can treat each as a separate repository, fetching/merging/pulling/pushing to/from each other.

Make three directories, one for each real repo you want to sync, and one for testing. In the testing one, create topic branches for the various things you want to change. Use git checkout to switch unpack the files for a particular topic branch (be sure all changes to the current branch have been committed or removed first, or you'll lose them). Then fetch/merge or pull in the changes you want to that branch.

Git makes a highly compressed snapshot of the files. When you checkout a branch, it unpacks that branch's files, replacing the current files. This allows you to switch between entire repositories by making each one a separate branch (so long as they share a common tree).

It also allows you to quickly discard large changes that did't work or you didn't like, allowing you to quickly return to a working base. For example, you can pull in changes to init to test out by making a topic branch for it, and still be able to quickly switch back to your working branch (gingerbread or ics) to pull in a change from CM or elsewhere without having to revert the changes to init. Once you are ready, you can merge the init branch into your working branch.

Once you get used to using branches and checkout, your worries become fewer, and your repairs become much easier.
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-05-2012 10:01 AM
    No need for a seperate directory, that's what branches are all about.

If you have a large enough harddrive, it's not a bad idea to keep separate trees, saves time when you make the inevitable mistakes that come with learning a new environment. And you can treat each as a separate repository, fetching/merging/pulling/pushing to/from each other.

Make three directories, one for each real repo you want to sync, and one for testing. In the testing one, create topic branches for the various things you want to change. Use git checkout to switch unpack the files for a particular topic branch (be sure all changes to the current branch have been committed or removed first, or you'll lose them). Then fetch/merge or pull in the changes you want to that branch.

Git makes a highly compressed snapshot of the files. When you checkout a branch, it unpacks that branch's files, replacing the current files. This allows you to switch between entire repositories by making each one a separate branch (so long as they share a common tree).

It also allows you to quickly discard large changes that did't work or you didn't like, allowing you to quickly return to a working base. For example, you can pull in changes to init to test out by making a topic branch for it, and still be able to quickly switch back to your working branch (gingerbread or ics) to pull in a change from CM or elsewhere without having to revert the changes to init. Once you are ready, you can merge the init branch into your working branch.

Once you get used to using branches and checkout, your worries become fewer, and your repairs become much easier.
    Thanks for all your help jerry, bob and gannon. Ill do this tonight and see if I can get a working build
    03-05-2012 03:59 PM
    nevermind, i found it
    03-05-2012 08:09 PM
    /android/system/device/lge/thunderc
    sellers86 likes this.
    03-05-2012 08:28 PM
    bobs fix helped for a little bit, but then i got this. and gannon your right about the out errors being a pain to fix..

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    03-05-2012 09:35 PM
    I attached the error I got in Detail if needed. In brief, its:
    Code:
    UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 1
    I'm building from Kraven's ICS branch btw. Is it something to do with my Java version? Like I guess the process checks if I have all the components before initializing build, doesn't it?
    This is my Java version
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_06"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)
    I tried looking for Sun java but got an error that that Sun Java is not available for amd64 computers
    Help me out please
    03-06-2012 05:42 AM
    I attached the error I got in Detail if needed. In brief, its:
    Code:
    UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 1
    I'm building from Kraven's ICS branch btw. Is it something to do with my Java version? Like I guess the process checks if I have all the components before initializing build, doesn't it?
    This is my Java version
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_06"
    I tried looking for Sun java but got an error that that Sun Java is not available for amd64 computers
    Help me out please
    That looks almost exactly like sellers86, so try what Bob suggested,
    In BoardConfig.mk, make sure to use BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE:=false

Bob
    On another hand, we really should make a thread for noobs building ICS, although there is one for GB, that could help for ICS. Although, we already have enough ICS builds as it is and that increases the risk for people releasing other dev's builds. What do you guys think?
    03-06-2012 06:01 AM
    Mine's already set to false.
    03-06-2012 06:25 AM
    You need to scroll up higher above the error output and find the ^ symbol, it will show you were the actual error is.

I use java on amd64 bit, just have to use the right apt-repository, I suggest maverick, first uninstall any other java jdk you have currently installed.

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ maverick partner"
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
    03-06-2012 06:51 AM
    Jerry,

Code:
    vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ maverick partner"
    vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    sun-java6-jdk is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.

Should I set it as the default Java or something?
    03-06-2012 07:12 AM
    Ok, I removed the other versions of Java and did again. Too many ^ symbols now
    Attaching the copy, too big to paste here.
    03-06-2012 08:03 AM
    Somebody help me or I might make curry instead of bacon.
    03-06-2012 08:50 PM
    Ok, I removed the other versions of Java and did again. Too many ^ symbols now
    Attaching the copy, too big to paste here.
    A little off topic: Instead of having us download the file, just use pastebin.com. I'm positive you've seen it before. Lol it takes literally ~5 seconds to paste it in and get your url
    Invincible Madness likes this.
    03-06-2012 08:56 PM
    There's a few ways. Try typing in below and choose the sun java-6. Idk if oracle changed the names since though.

sudo update-alternatives --config java
    sudo update-alternatives --config javac

Alternative ways...

Start from this section: Setup the default Java version

Ubuntu Linux Install Sun Java Development Kit ( JDK ) and Java Runtime Environment ( JRE )
    03-06-2012 09:58 PM
    A little off topic: Instead of having us download the file, just use pastebin.com. I'm positive you've seen it before. Lol it takes literally ~5 seconds to paste it in and get your url
    Never quite struck me. Will do that from now on

There's a few ways. Try typing in below and choose the sun java-6. Idk if oracle changed the names since though.

sudo update-alternatives --config java
    sudo update-alternatives --config javac

Alternative ways...

Start from this section: Setup the default Java version

Ubuntu Linux Install Sun Java Development Kit ( JDK ) and Java Runtime Environment ( JRE )
    Will do that now. And report back. I'm quite positive I have Sun java since I removed all other versions and when I try to install Sun Java with the commands Jerry gave me yesterday, system says I have the latest Sun Java Installed. I'll try it anyway.
    03-06-2012 10:44 PM
    Ok, had updates to Linux and it screwed my wireless. fixed now.

Kraven, If you scroll down the page formt he link you gave me, the result I'm supposed to get at the end is

Code:
    java version "1.6.0_03"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)
    and I got

Code:
    vamshi@ubuntu:~$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_06"
    vamshi@ubuntu:~$
    When I do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk
    I get

Code:
    vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    sun-java6-bin is already the newest version.
    sun-java6-jre is already the newest version.
    sun-java6-jdk is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
    I somehow think, it's nothing to do with Java version. If I want to just start afresh, what folders no I need to delete completely and start? I might just try since gannon said he does when he has issue for more than 2 days.
    I wasted 2 days with this error anyway. Thanks guys, for responding and helping me out.
    03-09-2012 10:42 AM
    I somehow think, it's nothing to do with Java version. If I want to just start afresh, what folders no I need to delete completely and start? I might just try since gannon said he does when he has issue for more than 2 days.
    I wasted 2 days with this error anyway. Thanks guys, for responding and helping me out.
    It has completely everything to do with the java version. I can tell you, and me2151 could confirm this, that I've had this problem, and it bugged the crap out of me. Like, I had to stop my high on development because this problem faced me. I really wish I could tell you what I did to fix it, but I did so much stuff I couldn't even tell you the first thing that I did.
    Deleting and starting from fresh won't work here, unfortunately. As soon as you get back you're going to have the same problem stare you in the face. I believe that java might've gotten an update that makes it incompatible with building, and that's why these devs aren't familiar with what you're dealing with - because they've been developing for some time now. I can tell you that when I tried it back a few months (about 4-5) ago, I wasn't facing this problem, and that's when CM7 was just about coming out (kinda, lol)
    03-09-2012 10:59 AM
    That's disappointing. Anyway, copied the output to pastebin if someone wants to take a look.
    can't find symbol seems to be repeating and Error 41 at the end in make output.

Lets say, I want to try the IHO's GB instead of ICS. What folders do I need to delete, if I need to delete. (I have 24gb free space btw)
    03-09-2012 11:52 AM
    That's disappointing. Anyway, copied the output to pastebin if someone wants to take a look.
    can't find symbol seems to be repeating and Error 41 at the end in make output.

Lets say, I want to try the IHO's GB instead of ICS. What folders do I need to delete, if I need to delete. (I have 24gb free space btw)
    have you already built ICS?
    03-09-2012 12:40 PM
325 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD