06-02-2012 02:00 PM
325 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I pushed the files, so it should build alpha5. Down the line you will have to pull in changes from CM manually and merge.
    Invincible Madness likes this.
    03-18-2012 09:18 PM
    I pushed the files, so it should build alpha5. Down the line you will have to pull in changes from CM manually and merge.
    I started with icsa7 branch, syncing at 99% and I just saw this line

Code:
    From git://github.com/photon-dev-team/proprietary_vendor_motorola
    is icsa7 branch for Optimus or by any chance for your Photon build?
    03-18-2012 11:20 PM
    kraven, when i run . build.sh, i get this

vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$ . build.sh
    Code:
    : command not found
    'ash: build.sh: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `
    'ash: build.sh: line 4: `setup()
    will run the usual way for now. At lunch, I got these options, diff from the usual ones

Code:
    Lunch menu... pick a combo:
         1. full-eng
         2. full_x86-eng
         3. vbox_x86-eng
         4. cm_thunderc-userdebug
         5. generic_olympus-userdebug
         6. generic_sunfire-userdebug
         7. cm_anzu-userdebug
         8. cm_coconut-userdebug
         9. cm_crespo-userdebug
         10. cm_crespo4g-userdebug
         11. cm_epicmtd-userdebug
         12. cm_galaxys2-userdebug
         13. cm_haida-userdebug
         14. cm_hallon-userdebug
         15. cm_iyokan-userdebug
         16. cm_mango-userdebug
         17. cm_maguro-userdebug
         18. cm_p4tmo-userdebug
         19. cm_p4vzw-userdebug
         20. cm_p4wifi-userdebug
         21. cm_p5-userdebug
         22. cm_p5wifi-userdebug
         23. cm_p920-userdebug
         24. cm_p970-userdebug
         25. cm_p990-userdebug
         26. cm_p999-userdebug
         27. cm_pyramid-userdebug
         28. cm_satsuma-userdebug
         29. cm_shooter-userdebug
         30. cm_shooteru-userdebug
         31. cm_smb_a1011-userdebug
         32. cm_smultron-userdebug
         33. cm_tenderloin-userdebug
         34. cm_tf101-userdebug
         35. cm_tf201-userdebug
         36. cm_toro-userdebug
         37. cm_urushi-userdebug
         38. cm_wingray-userdebug
         39. cm_zeus-userdebug
    So, I chose 4. Seemed to be the only one for our phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    03-19-2012 02:09 AM
    it's still 4, you can cut down the options in the vendorsetup.sh files in the vendor/cm folder
    03-19-2012 03:32 AM
    it's still 4, you can cut down the options in the vendorsetup.sh files in the vendor/cm folder
    It doesn't bother me. So I'll leave it that way. What about the script you attached before, I mean the error.
    Did you know about it already?
    03-19-2012 03:36 AM
    I guess stick with the old way for now.
    03-19-2012 04:14 AM
    You won't believe this. The same error I used to get before I re-installed Ubuntu. I have Sun JDK btw & 8gb swap
    I have no clue which memory is running short.

Code:
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags
    logtags: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/src/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.java <= frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags
    target Java: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes)
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    host Prebuilt: jarjar (out/host/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/jarjar_intermediates/javalib.jar)
    Install: out/host/linux-x86/framework/jarjar.jar
    JarJar: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
    target Dex: bouncycastle
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/noproguard.classes.dex
    target Jar: bouncycastle (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/javalib.jar)
     'out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/bouncycastle_intermediates/classes.dex' as 'classes.dex'...
    target Java: framework (out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes)
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/emma_out/lib/classes-jarjar.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/classes.jar
    Copying: out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes.jar
    target Dex: framework

UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
    	at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:554)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:135)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.StringIdsSection.intern(StringIdsSection.java:112)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MemberIdItem.addContents(MemberIdItem.java:56)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.MethodIdItem.addContents(MethodIdItem.java:43)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.UniformItemSection.prepare0(UniformItemSection.java:76)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.Section.prepare(Section.java:214)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex0(DexFile.java:506)
    	at com.android.dx.dex.file.DexFile.toDex(DexFile.java:216)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.writeDex(Main.java:574)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.run(Main.java:218)
    	at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:174)
    	at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:95)
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 3
    vamshi@ubuntu:~/android/system$
    03-19-2012 03:33 PM
    I believe Ubuntu stopped redistributing Sun Java, which means we can't just say "use Ubuntu version x.yy" anymore. What exact version of Sun Java do you have and where did you get it from? I setup LeslieAnn's build server with version 6u30 and it works fine. If you have a login on that server, you can scp the packages from /usr/local/src and install them onto your box. You need these:

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep sun-java6
    sun-java6-bin install
    sun-java6-jdk install
    sun-java6-jre install

As for the error, plug "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" into google. You will find that one way to avoid the error is to increase the java process memory. I think this would probably be done in build/core/combo/javac.mk. But the fact that you're getting an error makes me suspect that the underlying issue is the Java packages and you might run into other issues.
    03-19-2012 03:50 PM
    I believe Ubuntu stopped redistributing Sun Java, which means we can't just say "use Ubuntu version x.yy" anymore. What exact version of Sun Java do you have and where did you get it from? I setup LeslieAnn's build server with version 6u30 and it works fine. If you have a login on that server, you can scp the packages from /usr/local/src and install them onto your box. You need these:

$ dpkg --get-selections | grep sun-java6
    sun-java6-bin install
    sun-java6-jdk install
    sun-java6-jre install

As for the error, plug "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" into google. You will find that one way to avoid the error is to increase the java process memory. I think this would probably be done in build/core/combo/javac.mk. But the fact that you're getting an error makes me suspect that the underlying issue is the Java packages and you might run into other issues.
    Thanks tdm. this is my Java version:
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_06"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)
    I don't have a log in to LeslieAnn's server. And I got it from Can't install sun-java6-bin package on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) - Stack Overflow
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hardy multiverse to be exact.

I did google when I got the error and found out that 2 ways of resolving it are to either increase Java heap size or to make the process ignore the error. Increasing heap size through something like -Xmx1024m but I can;t figure out how to do that. Let me know what is the best way to handle this. I could ask LeslieAnn for a login but the fact that I haven't contributed much until now makes me think twice. Don't want to hog the resources that others could use for successful building.
    03-19-2012 06:27 PM
    Thanks tdm. this is my Java version:
    Code:
    java version "1.6.0_06"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)
    I don't have a log in to LeslieAnn's server. And I got it from Can't install sun-java6-bin package on Ubuntu Hardy (8.04) - Stack Overflow
    'deb Index of /ubuntu hardy multiverse' to be exact.

I did google when I got the error and found out that 2 ways of resolving it are to either increase Java heap size or to make the process ignore the error. Increasing heap size through something like -Xmx1024m but I can;t figure out how to do that. Let me know what is the best way to handle this. I could ask LeslieAnn for a login but the fact that I haven't contributed much until now makes me think twice. Don't want to hog the resources that others could use for successful building.
    I'm sure you could always ask Leslie
    Depends though. What are you necessarily trying to do? Are you still trying to build CNA? Or..?
    Lol
    03-19-2012 06:29 PM
    I'm sure you could always ask Leslie
    Depends though. What are you necessarily trying to do? Are you still trying to build CNA? Or..?
    Lol
    Yeah, I think I'll ask her. Lets see what tdm says. If he thinks its a good idea to ask her, I will
    I'm trying to build ICS from thekraven's source. I thought once I do this simple build, I can easily learn how to build CNA
    03-19-2012 06:32 PM
    Yeah, I think I'll ask her. Lets see what tdm says. If he thinks its a good idea to ask her, I will
    I'm trying to build ICS from thekraven's source. I thought once I do this simple build, I can easily learn how to build CNA
    Since you are actively working with this, I have no problem with you using the server. This is for people helping the community, if people just want to play, they can use their own computers and do it the slow way.

Read the build server thread, it tells how to get started.
    03-19-2012 08:06 PM
    I can put those packages up for download tomorrow if you don't want to get a login on the build server.
    03-19-2012 08:07 PM
    While both of you are here, I might as well confront you. I've had this error before, but it had to do with the repo curl. I've tried changing it but I get the same error every time:
    Code:
    gannon5197@icsbox:~/android/system$ repo sync
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 238, in <module>
        _Main(sys.argv[1:])
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 220, in _Main
        repo._Run(argv)
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/main.py", line 125, in _Run
        cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 381, in Execute
        all = self.GetProjects(args, missing_ok=True)
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/command.py", line 63, in GetProjects
        all = self.manifest.projects
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 186, in projects
        self._Load()
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 236, in _Load
        self._ParseManifest(True)
      File "/home/gannon5197/android/system/.repo/repo/manifest_xml.py", line 254, in _ParseManifest
        root = xml.dom.minidom.parse(self.manifestFile)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1918, in parse
        return expatbuilder.parse(file)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
        result = builder.parseFile(fp)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
        parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
    xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: mismatched tag: line 20, column 4
    03-19-2012 08:10 PM
    Since you are actively working with this, I have no problem with you using the server. This is for people helping the community, if people just want to play, they can use their own computers and do it the slow way.

Read the build server thread, it tells how to get started.
    Thanks Leslie, I will read that up and get started. At school right now. Thanks again

I can put those packages up for download tomorrow if you don't want to get a login on the build server.
    In the meantime yes. So, just to clarify, I don;t have to reinstall Ubuntu again or anything right. and the packages you are going to post are java packages? So, I just have to install them and make that into default java right?
    Thanks for the support tdm. I'm a happy camper here
    03-19-2012 08:31 PM
    Hey, where is the build server thread? I can't seem to find it
    03-19-2012 08:48 PM
    03-19-2012 08:51 PM
    There is a link in the reference guide as well.
    03-19-2012 08:52 PM
    There is a link in the reference guide as well.
    Sent you a PM Leslie. Thanks much.
    03-19-2012 11:09 PM
    Question, in tdm's gingerkernel source, how do I swap home and menu keys? They're reversed and I want to fix it before I build again
    03-19-2012 11:45 PM
    Question, in tdm's gingerkernel source, how do I swap home and menu keys? They're reversed and I want to fix it before I build again
    Sorry, I haven't pushed this to github...

Code:
    diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c b/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-inp
    index 2f4ae5c..0708672 100755
    --- a/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c
    +++ b/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c
    @@ -72,8 +72,8 @@ static unsigned int keypad_col_gpios[] = {38, 37,36};
      */
     #if defined(CONFIG_MACH_MSM7X27_THUNDERC_SPRINT)
     static const unsigned short keypad_keymap_thunder[9] = {
    -       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 0)] = KEY_HOME,
    -       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 1)] = KEY_MENU,
    +       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 0)] = KEY_MENU,
    +       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 1)] = KEY_HOME,
            [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 2)] = KEY_VOLUMEUP,
            [KEYMAP_INDEX(1, 0)] = KEY_SEARCH,
            [KEYMAP_INDEX(1, 1)] = KEY_BACK,
    tvall likes this.
    03-19-2012 11:56 PM
    Thanks!
    As soon as this finishes building, I'll have a shiny new kernel to use with a shiny new build with those camera sources you found. I know what ill be doing instead if sleeping tonight (I love spring break)
    03-20-2012 12:09 AM
    Thanks!
    As soon as this finishes building, I'll have a shiny new kernel to use with a shiny new build with those camera sources you found. I know what ill be doing instead if sleeping tonight (I love spring break)
    The codeaurora camera sources? You got them compiled already?
    03-20-2012 12:15 AM
    Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go about using it?
    Any change in the usual commands like for the thekraven's ICS

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/bin
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    mkdir -p ~/android/system
    mkdir -p ~/android/system/ccache
    cd android/system
    repo init -u git://github.com/thekraven/android.git -b icsa7
    repo sync -j16
    or is it still the same? Can I just delete the /bin and /android folders created on my laptop then?
    03-20-2012 12:18 AM
    The codeaurora camera sources? You got them compiled already?
    Not yet. Working on that tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing....

Just to make sure I'm not screwing up, those camera sources belong in hardware/msm7k/libcamera, right?
    03-20-2012 12:25 AM
325 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD