06-02-2012 01:00 PM
325 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go by using it?
    Any change in the usual commands like for the thekraven's ICS

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/bin
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    mkdir -p ~/android/system
    mkdir -p ~/android/system/ccache
    cd android/system
    repo init -u git://github.com/thekraven/android.git -b icsa7
    repo sync -j16
    or is it still the same? Can I just delete the /bin and /android folders created on my laptop then?
    Nothing different. Lol it took me forever to get on the terminal on that
    I wouldn't delete you ~/bin and ~/android/system until you have at least one nice build (notice the huge speed increase that I did )
    But remember, if you need help with CNA, I'm here.
    03-19-2012 11:26 PM
    Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go about using it?
    Any change in the usual commands like for the thekraven's ICS

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/bin
    curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
    chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
    mkdir -p ~/android/system
    mkdir -p ~/android/system/ccache
    cd android/system
    repo init -u git://github.com/thekraven/android.git -b icsa7
    repo sync -j16
    or is it still the same? Can I just delete the /bin and /android folders created on my laptop then?
    No need to fetch a repo script, it's already there.

No need to mess with ccache, it's already there. And pre-populated because the cache is shared among users.

So just create a project directory and run "repo init ..."
    03-19-2012 11:34 PM
    Not yet. Working on that tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing....

Just to make sure I'm not screwing up, those camera sources belong in hardware/msm7k/libcamera, right?
    Well I'm not sure exactly where they belong. But I don't think it matters that much exactly where you put them.

You'll need to edit vendor/lge/thunderc/thunderc-vendor.mk and add PRODUCT_PACKAGES += camera.msm7x27

You'll also need to edit device/lge/thunderc/device.mk and remove USE_CAMERA_STUB := true.

Then you'll need to remove some/all of the camera stuff in PRODUCT_COPY_FILES.

And finally you'll need to populate the relevant headers from your kernel build. See eg. LOCAL_C_INCLUDES in Android.mk in the camera sources.
    03-19-2012 11:45 PM
    Where do I run repo init? In my terminal? How would that create a folder on the server? My doubt is how does entering the same commands in the terminal create folders on the server?

gannon, yes bro. I will need your help with CNA, setting up my Git and updating stuff moving forward. I will get in touch with you through gtalk
    03-19-2012 11:53 PM
    Well I'm not sure exactly where they belong. But I don't think it matters that much exactly where you put them.

You'll need to edit vendor/lge/thunderc/thunderc-vendor.mk and add PRODUCT_PACKAGES += camera.msm7x27

You'll also need to edit device/lge/thunderc/device.mk and remove USE_CAMERA_STUB := true.

And finally you'll need to populate the relevant headers from your kernel build. See eg. LOCAL_C_INCLUDES in Android.mk in the camera sources.
    Um..... I'll leave this to you for now then. I might try later. Probably a little over my head

Edit. Ended up trying, build seemed to he going fine, then SSH disconnected on me. Turns out my computer overheated... and now won't boot. I'll deal with it tomorrow
    03-19-2012 11:57 PM
    I created a folder ICS CM9 under my directory on the server. I can't figure out how to repo init and repo sync to that folder rather than my local folder.
    03-20-2012 12:17 AM
    I created a folder ICS CM9 under my directory on the server. I can't figure out how to repo init and repo sync to that folder rather than my local folder.
    Are you sure that you are ready to be building ROMs?
    03-20-2012 12:38 AM
    Are you sure that you are ready to be building ROMs?
    May be not. Shouldn't I be starting somewhere. I can port ROMs but I'm a noob when it comes to Git and building from source. I'm willing to learn with some help

EDIT: I understood I was struggling to connect to server from command prompt (new to Linux). Figured it out, repo sync started.
    03-20-2012 12:43 AM

What are you trying with the camera? Pulling code from 7x27?

Anyway, I got your Gingerkernal to compile with CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y...I'll test it out this weekend.
    03-20-2012 04:02 AM
    Yes i was pulling camera stuff from codeaurora but there are too many external dependencies. Not sure what to do now.

How did you get the kernel to compile? The xt_qtaguid code needs some changes to work.
    03-20-2012 07:07 PM
    Yes i was pulling camera stuff from codeaurora but there are too many external dependencies. Not sure what to do now.

How did you get the kernel to compile? The xt_qtaguid code needs some changes to work.
    Made it 2.6.35 compatible: https://github.com/BobZhome/GingerKe...1c6fb01a61455f
    JerryScript, tdm and Discovered like this.
    03-20-2012 08:36 PM
    When I do
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/anathma/android.git -b icsa7
    I get
    Code:
    fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
    fatal: remote gh not defined in /home/anathma/android/AOKP/.repo/manifests/default.xml
    I forked thekraven's android folder and edited the default.xml
    from
    Code:
    <remote  name="chaos" 
               fetch="git://github.com/BobZhome" />
    to
    Code:
     <remote  name="chaos" 
               fetch="git://github.com/anathma" />
    where am I doing it wrong?

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks gannon.

now on . build/envsetup.sh I get no such file or directory

Code:
    anathma@icsbox:~/android/AOKP$ . build/envsetup.sh
    -bash: build/envsetup.sh: No such file or directory
    03-20-2012 09:25 PM
    Sweet, thanks! That saved me a lot of time.
    03-20-2012 10:33 PM
    Sweet, thanks! That saved me a lot of time.
    Spoke too soon, it's not that easy.

But thanks for the tip, I'll be cross referencing your changes.
    03-20-2012 10:51 PM
    Spoke too soon, it's not that easy.

But thanks for the tip, I'll be cross referencing your changes.
    Dude you've been very busy.
    03-20-2012 11:09 PM
    Dude you've been very busy.
    I thought I was the only one that noticed that.. lol
    I tried building his kernel but he wouldn't stop updating it! Lol
    03-20-2012 11:12 PM
    LOL, same here, I tried for two days to build from Bob's source, only to find out he was updating little bits all through my efforts. Decided I should wait a while till things slow down a bit.
    03-20-2012 11:40 PM
    I get this error at make bacon:

Code:
    target Java: MagicSmokeWallpapers (out/target/common/obj/APPS/MagicSmokeWallpapers_intermediates/classes)
    Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    target Java: MediaProvider (out/target/common/obj/APPS/MediaProvider_intermediates/classes)
    target Java: Mms (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Mms_intermediates/classes)
    target Java: NoiseField (out/target/common/obj/APPS/NoiseField_intermediates/classes)
    packages/providers/MediaProvider/src/com/android/providers/media/MediaScannerService.java:175: getExternalStorageState() in android.os.Environment cannot be applied to (java.lang.String)
                    if (Environment.MEDIA_CHECKING.equals(Environment.getExternalStorageState(path))) {
                                                                     ^
    Note: packages/providers/MediaProvider/src/com/android/providers/media/MediaProvider.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    1 error
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/MediaProvider_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    DroidDoc took 25 sec. to write docs to out/target/common/docs/api-stubs
    make bacon again and I get this: http://pastebin.com/j7jA4K2c
    03-21-2012 03:30 AM
    I get this error at make bacon:

Code:
    target Java: MagicSmokeWallpapers (out/target/common/obj/APPS/MagicSmokeWallpapers_intermediates/classes)
    target Java: MediaProvider (out/target/common/obj/APPS/MediaProvider_intermediates/classes)
    target Java: Mms (out/target/common/obj/APPS/Mms_intermediates/classes)
    target Java: NoiseField (out/target/common/obj/APPS/NoiseField_intermediates/classes)
    packages/providers/MediaProvider/src/com/android/providers/media/MediaScannerService.java:175: getExternalStorageState() in android.os.Environment cannot be applied to (java.lang.String)
                    if (Environment.MEDIA_CHECKING.equals(Environment.getExternalStorageState(path))) {
                                                                     ^
    Note: packages/providers/MediaProvider/src/com/android/providers/media/MediaProvider.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    1 error
    make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/MediaProvider_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    DroidDoc took 25 sec. to write docs to out/target/common/docs/api-stubs
    make bacon again and I get this: target Java: MediaProvider (out/target/common/obj/APPS/MediaProvider_intermediat - Pastebin.com
    I'm getting it too.
    03-21-2012 05:13 AM
    I'm getting it too.
    I'm googling for the past 90 minutes with no avail. Let me know if you find a fix
    03-21-2012 05:15 AM
    Looks like some changes might be being pushed. Give it a few hours, re-sync, then try again.
    03-21-2012 02:00 PM
    I'm googling for the past 90 minutes with no avail. Let me know if you find a fix
    Looks like some changes might be being pushed. Give it a few hours, re-sync, then try again.
    I guess Jerry's right. But something is wrong with their MediaProviders, so for the time being I synced it with another and it seems to be doing good. I have a zip right now and am about to test. Lets see how this goes
    03-21-2012 05:18 PM
    I guess Jerry's right. But something is wrong with their MediaProviders, so for the time being I synced it with another and it seems to be doing good. I have a zip right now and am about to test. Lets see how this goes
    Which another?
    03-21-2012 05:32 PM
    If you're pretty sure that someone upstream (eg. the CM team) broke the build with a recent commit but you don't know which commit or where to look, you can try rolling back in time past the offending commit. Something like this (untested):

Code:
    repo forall -c git checkout ics@{1 hour ago}
    03-21-2012 10:22 PM
    thekraven, I get this error on repo sync

Code:
    Fetching projects: 100% (241/241), done.  
    error: revision refs/heads/ics in CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_thunderc not found
    Any ideas? i tried editing device_lge_thunderc line in the default.XML to no avail.
    Link https://github.com/anathma/android/b...a7/default.xml if you need to take a look. (its yours basically )
    03-22-2012 05:15 AM
325 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD