[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Question, in tdm's gingerkernel source, how do I swap home and menu keys? They're reversed and I want to fix it before I build again

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Question, in tdm's gingerkernel source, how do I swap home and menu keys? They're reversed and I want to fix it before I build again

Sorry, I haven't pushed this to github...

Code:
diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c b/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-inp
index 2f4ae5c..0708672 100755
--- a/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-msm/lge/board-thunderc-input.c
@@ -72,8 +72,8 @@ static unsigned int keypad_col_gpios[] = {38, 37,36};
  */
 #if defined(CONFIG_MACH_MSM7X27_THUNDERC_SPRINT)
 static const unsigned short keypad_keymap_thunder[9] = {
-       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 0)] = KEY_HOME,
-       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 1)] = KEY_MENU,
+       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 0)] = KEY_MENU,
+       [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 1)] = KEY_HOME,
        [KEYMAP_INDEX(0, 2)] = KEY_VOLUMEUP,
        [KEYMAP_INDEX(1, 0)] = KEY_SEARCH,
        [KEYMAP_INDEX(1, 1)] = KEY_BACK,

Reactions: tvall

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
As soon as this finishes building, I'll have a shiny new kernel to use with a shiny new build with those camera sources you found. I know what ill be doing instead if sleeping tonight (I love spring break)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
As soon as this finishes building, I'll have a shiny new kernel to use with a shiny new build with those camera sources you found. I know what ill be doing instead if sleeping tonight (I love spring break)

The codeaurora camera sources? You got them compiled already?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go about using it?
Any change in the usual commands like for the thekraven's ICS

Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
mkdir -p ~/android/system
mkdir -p ~/android/system/ccache
cd android/system
repo init -u git://github.com/thekraven/android.git -b icsa7
repo sync -j16

or is it still the same? Can I just delete the /bin and /android folders created on my laptop then?

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The codeaurora camera sources? You got them compiled already?

Not yet. Working on that tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing....

Just to make sure I'm not screwing up, those camera sources belong in hardware/msm7k/libcamera, right?

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go by using it?

Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
cd android/system
repo sync -j16

or is it still the same? Can I just delete the /bin and /android folders created on my laptop then?
Nothing different. Lol it took me forever to get on the terminal on that :D
I wouldn't delete you ~/bin and ~/android/system until you have at least one nice build (notice the huge speed increase that I did :D )
But remember, if you need help with CNA, I'm here.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Thanks to Leslie and tdm for the Server. I'm on it. I did connect to the server but how do I go about using it?

Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
cd android/system
repo sync -j16

No need to fetch a repo script, it's already there.

No need to mess with ccache, it's already there. And pre-populated because the cache is shared among users.

So just create a project directory and run "repo init ..."

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Not yet. Working on that tonight. I have no idea what I'm doing....

Just to make sure I'm not screwing up, those camera sources belong in hardware/msm7k/libcamera, right?

Well I'm not sure exactly where they belong. But I don't think it matters that much exactly where you put them.

You'll need to edit vendor/lge/thunderc/thunderc-vendor.mk and add PRODUCT_PACKAGES += camera.msm7x27

You'll also need to edit device/lge/thunderc/device.mk and remove USE_CAMERA_STUB := true.

Then you'll need to remove some/all of the camera stuff in PRODUCT_COPY_FILES.

And finally you'll need to populate the relevant headers from your kernel build. See eg. LOCAL_C_INCLUDES in Android.mk in the camera sources.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Where do I run repo init? In my terminal? How would that create a folder on the server? My doubt is how does entering the same commands in the terminal create folders on the server?

gannon, yes bro. I will need your help with CNA, setting up my Git and updating stuff moving forward. I will get in touch with you through gtalk :p

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm not sure exactly where they belong. But I don't think it matters that much exactly where you put them.

You'll need to edit vendor/lge/thunderc/thunderc-vendor.mk and add PRODUCT_PACKAGES += camera.msm7x27

You'll also need to edit device/lge/thunderc/device.mk and remove USE_CAMERA_STUB := true.

And finally you'll need to populate the relevant headers from your kernel build. See eg. LOCAL_C_INCLUDES in Android.mk in the camera sources.

Um..... I'll leave this to you for now then. I might try later. Probably a little over my head

Edit. Ended up trying, build seemed to he going fine, then SSH disconnected on me. Turns out my computer overheated... and now won't boot. I'll deal with it tomorrow

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure that you are ready to be building ROMs?

May be not. Shouldn't I be starting somewhere. I can port ROMs but I'm a noob when it comes to Git and building from source. I'm willing to learn with some help :-[

EDIT: I understood I was struggling to connect to server from command prompt (new to Linux). Figured it out, repo sync started.

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

What are you trying with the camera? Pulling code from 7x27?

Anyway, I got your Gingerkernal to compile with CONFIG_IP6_NF_IPTABLES=y...I'll test it out this weekend.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes i was pulling camera stuff from codeaurora but there are too many external dependencies. Not sure what to do now.

How did you get the kernel to compile? The xt_qtaguid code needs some changes to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC